AC Community Wiki:About
The Asheron's Call Community Wiki (ACCW) was created by Gouru of Morningthaw in October of 2007. The idea for the wiki came from this thread and later this thread on the Turbine message boards. Other fan sites were not being updated frequently. Site redesigns orphaned content and made it unreachable at the larger corporate sites. And they all required contributors to submit information to the staff, which would then need to review and add it. With their staff activity shrinking, the idea of a wiki that anyone could add to and see the results immediately was born. The ACCW grew quickly and is now the only major AC fan site where you can find information about current patch content as well as older content. The wiki is indebted to the many contributors both large and small that have made the wiki so useful for all of us that enjoy Asheron's Call.
- October 11, 2007 The first wiki page is created, Patches.
- February 2008 1,000 articles.
- Early March 2008 2,000 articles.
- Late March 2008 3,000 articles.
- May 2008 4,000 articles.
- June 2008 5,000 articles.
- August 2008 6,000 articles.
- September 2008 7,000 articles and half million page views.
- October 2008 8,000 articles.
- November 2008 9,000 articles and 1 million page views.
- January 2009 10,000 articles.
- February 2009 11,000 articles and 2 million page views.
- April 2009 12,000 articles and 3 million page views.
- June 2009 14,000 articles and 4 million page views.
- September 2009 Site moved from private hosting to Wikia.com because of increased user base.
- October 2009 17,000 articles.
- December 2009 18,000 articles.
- March 2010 19,000 articles.
- July 2010 20,000 articles.
- October 2010 Site moved from Wikia.com to ac.wikkii.net to retain layout and editorial control.
- October 2010 21,000 articles and almost 1 million page views per month.
- February 2011 22,000 articles.
- September 2011 23,000 articles.
- March 2012 24,000 articles.
- April 2012 50,000 image files.
When Asheron's Call Community Wiki was first created it was located at the URL Asheron.info. For about the first year Gouru hosted the nascent wiki with a commercial hosting service. By December of 2008, the wiki had outgrown hosting at SiteGround and needed to relocate. The player Mav offered to host it for free, and ACCW remained at asheron.info. In the early fall of 2009, the wiki had become too large for Mav to continue hosting, and the wiki once again needed a new host. In September of 2009, the wiki moved to Wikia.com hosting and the site's URL was changed to asheron.wikia.com. In October of 2010 the wiki moved again, this time due to extreme changes in the host company and the imposition of restrictions that would have made it difficult to present the wiki's now substantial body of information. Several other large wikis moved at the same time as we did, including World of Warcraft. ACCW moved to ac.wikkii.net where control was returned to the contributors to decide how the wiki should look and function. Also Wikkii generously allowed us to regain use of our original asheron.info address to help as many people as possible find us at our current location.