A Reign of Stone
From AC Community Wiki
April 2001 - Announcements Page
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard about those gambling dens? I think they're run by some pretty shady characters..."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the axe-swinger is in a really good mood for some reason. When I asked him why, he just muttered something about "ceaselessly raining blows." What does that mean?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Three gambling casinos have opened up around Dereth!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard about a person wielding a spear that he said was fashioned by an axe fighter. What kind of strangeness is that?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Ayan Baqur was taken over by Virindi! The townspeople are held in some dungeon nearby, and seem unable to speak more than a few words. The horror!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Travelers report that the Virindi have established a new outpost in southern Osteth! This can mean nothing good..."
- Town Crier tells you, "So it seems like those bizarre, creepy creatures in the desert are here to stay. Too bad... I'm terrified to go to the desert now."
- Town Crier tells you, "Looks like the Lugians are really getting organized in the south. Or have they just been organized all this time?"
- Town Crier tells you, "It's too bad about what happened to Ayan Baqur. Those poor townspeople!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! There are rumors that the Lugian fortress is protected by strange magics..."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The Lugians have opened up a fortress in the south mountains! Some of them seem to be friendly to humans!"
- Ulgrim tells you, "I find that I have acquired a taste for the wine sold by the Barkeep. Would you bring me a glass? Good human."
- Ulgrim tells you, "Just between you, me, and the bottle, human, the theft of the Fragment of Singularity has made some beings angry."
- You give Ulgrim Red Wine.
- Ulgrim tells you, "I'm not entirely convinced the Director and the Observer are communicating properly..."
- Ulgrim tells you, "Thank you, I find this most pleasant. Run along, now."
- Ulgrim tells you, "You know... two of the little flesh things managed to escape to the southeast..."
- Ulgrim tells you, "I saw a human with a sword attack an Executor the other day. The human never stood a chance. Rip, rip, rip, another inert human."
- Ulgrim tells you, "Just don't tell the Observer that I'm drinking this human filth, okay?"
- Ulgrim tells you, "A pity the Dark Walker has been banished. He was most entertaining to watch."
New UI and Game Changes
- Players are now able to give other players access to their corpses (type: @help permit for more details).
- Game Concepts
- Lugians have received an artwork update.
- Remember the ambient sound upgrade project? It's back! This month: oceans, ponds, and waterfalls.
- User Interface
- Other players' health bars now appear beneath their names when you select them (Just like with monsters).
- Hit messages now report those body parts affected during melee combat. Now you can be further immersed in the fun of Tuskers rapping your knuckles like an irate schoolteacher. In addition, damage done by players now appears in pink text, and damage done to players now appears in red text, making it easier to tell the difference.
- You nick Blue Phyntos Wasp for 1 point of piercing damage!
- Blue Phyntos Wasp scratches your lower arm for 1 point of slashing damage!
- Linvak Tukal NPCs:
- Novedion the Gem Seller (Holtburg) - Benevolent Calm (Staff of Clarity)
- Oneros the Gem Seller (Shoushi) - Calm Strength (Sleeves of Inexhaustibility)
- Drawohan the Gem Seller (Yaraq) - Strong Benevolence (Spear of Purity)
- Casino NPCs
- Aluvian Casino
- Sho Casino
- Gharu'ndim Casino
- Aerbax Laboratory (Main)
- Aerbax Laboratory (Haven)
- Gredaline Consulate
- The Envoy's Chamber
- Linvak Tukal - Now accessible.
- Lugian Camps
- 42.9N 25.1E - Aluvian (Outside of Holtburg)
- 30.1S 48.4E - Sho (between Shoushi & Sawato)
- 37.9S 7.5E - Gharu'ndim (between Yaraq & Al-Arqas)
- Advocate and Sentinel Monument
|Advocate and Sentinel Monument|
|Advocate Statue||Sentinel Statue|
|Virindi Spells Quest|
|Esard's Life Magic Scroll||Geraux's Life Magic Scroll||Nelamar's War Magic Scroll||Virindi Envoy's Obsidian Shard|
|Lugian Gem Sellers|
|Sharp Topaz||Thorned Garnet||Lightning Sapphire||Fire Ruby|
|Cold Moonstone||Force Opal||Armor Diamond||Acid Emerald|
|Benevolent Calm||Calm Strength||Strong Benevolence|
|Dire Mattekar Paw||Dread Mattekar Paw|
|Mattekar Arm Guard||Mattekar Claw|
|Arm, Mind, Heart||Lugian Scout Report||Edicts of the Singularity|
|Orb of Clarity||Scrawled Note (Aerbax Laboratory)||Translated Virindi Envoy's Note|
- Glimmering Gem - New icon.
- Sparkling Gem - New icon.
- Scintillating Gem - New icon.
- Lugian Axe - Can now be purchased at the Linvak Tukal
- Lugian Mace - Can now be purchased at the Linvak Tukal
- Lugian Club - Can now be purchased at the Linvak Tukal
- Lugian Morning Star - Can now be purchased at the Linvak Tukal
- Lugians - Updated artwork and textures for all Lugians
Click image for full size version.