A Rising Darkness
From AC Community Wiki
August 2011 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
No rollout article this month.
Patch Size: 1,608k (Client: 4,620k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard a strange rumor lately, "Growth Atheria have grown and Vigor Aetheria are more vigorous." I have no idea what that means..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard several Void mages talking about researching spells that allow them to kill multiple creatures at once."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've seen several Mhoire Undead sporting helms lately. I guess they found ways to keep them from catching fire..."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The corruption of the Hopeslayer's Shadows has started to spread in the town of Tou-tou. Several citizens have already fled to Mayoi or Nanto. Even the Moarsmen who were plaguing the area up and moved..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Statues that empower those who've given up Asheron's Protections have appeared in the Derethian Combat Arena."
- Town Crier tells you, "Be warned, however, these "Statues of Illuminating Death" will only empower those who can gain Luminance, and only one person at a time. You may have to defend yourself if you go to use one."
- Town Crier tells you, "Barbers across Dereth have begun offering even more new and more fashionable hairstyles to their clientele."
- Town Crier tells you, "Void Mages rejoice! Recent research, or the growing corruption and threat of Shadow, have created Nether Blast spells!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I tried out the changes to that Derethian Combat Arena. It is just no fun when the competition is so lousy. I can't believe these people even refer to themselves as warriors. More like fish if you ask me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I bet those people who held onto those Growth and Vigor Aetheria are laughing all the way to the bank... wait... where is the bank?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Tou-Tou is getting so dangerous that the Moarsmen flat out picked up their temple and moved to Mayoi. You know you don't want to be somewhere when even those stinky Moarsmen leave."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I had a vision in my sleep the other night..."
- Ulgrim glares at you.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Fine, I was passed out. Anyway, I had a vision the other night of a great tragedy which caused the combining of many great forces."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "With a few more stouts I may be able to have more visions of the future... that was a hint."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Some strange Mu-miyah tried to offer me a Gem of A'nekshay Slaying the other day. Does he really think I can't slay everything in this world? I am Ulgrim!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I am drunk..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Won't be long now. I will have to travel to Tou-Tou and take care of the shadow problem myself. If you want something done right, Ulgrim has to do it. That's what I always say. Why do you think so many people bring me stout as tribute to my greatness?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You should think about that."
New UI and Game Changes
- Stage 5 of the Shadow Invasion Quest chain the Shadow Assault introduced.
- A damage reduction buff versus Nether Damage over Time spells to has been added to Growth Aetheria.
- A new set spell has been added to Vigor aetheria. It provides damage resist rating against Health Drain effects such as Harm Other, Drain Health, and Raven's Fury type spells.
- 12 levels of aetheria will now cast the level 9 set buff instead of the level 8.
- Barbers and Hairstyles: 13 new hairstyles added.
- Derethian Combat Arena: New luminance features added, Statue of Death is more rewarding.
- Olthoi Play: Olthoi sticky melee combat has been improved, slag drop rates from PvP have been increased.
- Playable Undead: Chiran, Lorica, and Nariyid helms will now display.
- Void Magic: Nether blast spells introduced.
- 5 new Contracts added.
- Shadow Assault - 30,000 Luminance, 350,000,000xp, Fortified Mana Forge Key
- (Stage 5 of the Shadow Invasion Quest Chain).
- Monthly Explorer Society Quests
- WARNING: These quests are standalone quests, the xp bonuses are strictly handled by the NPCs in Kara, speak to them after finishing to get your bonus. Also your timer for the bonuses depend on when you completed last month's set of quests, speak to each NPC to find out if your timer hasn't expired yet. More details here.
- Ansar El-Kerdany: Raising Grael's Island
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Kiriel Shadowborn needs assistance in preventing the Crystal which binds Dark Isle from the deep from reforming"
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Find him within Bandit Castle and then return to me when you've completed his task."
- Esmond Fielding: Collegium Occultus Ring Quest
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "This month we have decided that Balior needs help in dealing with the violation of the Collegium Occultus."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Return to me after you have aided him in this matter."
- Niccolo De Luca: Aetherium Raid (Low)
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "This month we have decided that Sir Oakley needs help in dealing with the Gear Knight forces near his camp."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Complete any task he asks of you and return to me for your reward."
- Path of the Jojii Adherent
- Tou-Tou Jojii Shrine moved to Nanto at 53.1S 81.1E.
- Town Network NPCs:
- Tou-Tou NPCs:
- Shopkeepers, Town Criers, Scriveners, and the Leather Crafter have remained in town.
- Agent of the Arcanum - removed.
- Apprentice Cook (Tou-Tou) - relocated to Mayoi (61.8S, 81.8E)
- Captain Warner - relocated to Mayoi (61.4S, 82.5E)
- Guard Taizo - relocated to Mayoi (61.4S, 82.5E)
- Han Rin-Jo, Jojii Adherent - relocated to Nanto ((52.4S, 82.0E)
- Nawamara Ujio - relocated to Mayoi (61.8S, 82.0E)
- Ook - relocated to Nanto (52.6S, 82.0E)
- Sara Sen - relocated to Mayoi (61.5S, 82.4E)
- Tai Wo - relocated to Mayoi (61.8S, 82.4E)
- Tou-Tou updated:
- Shadows, Grievvers, Margul surrounding the town.
- Landscape changed, smoke clouds and purple mist around town.
- Numerous NPCs removed (see updated NPCs).
- New Shadow Soldier NPCs around north edge of town.
- Tou-Tou Moarsman Fort and Blighted Disgusting Moarsman Tunnels relocated to Mayoi (60.7S, 83.0E)
- Mountain Sewer relocated to Mayoi (60.9S, 82.0E)
|Contract for Harlune's Diplomacy||Contract for Kill: Umbral Rifts||Contract for Kill: Tenebrous Rifts|
|Contract for Menhir Research||Contract for Saving Asheron|
|A'nekshay Slayer Stone|
|A'nekshay Slayer Stone|
|Scroll of Nether Blast III||Scroll of Nether Blast IV||Scroll of Nether Blast V|
|Scroll of Nether Blast VI||Scroll of Nether Blast VII||Inscription of Nether Blast|
Portal.dat (Ingame Icons)
Click image for full size.
- You have killed 3 Shadow Vortexs! Your task is complete! - Should be Vortexes, or Vortices.
- Aetheria cast Sigil of Perserverance IX on you - Should be Perseverance.