A Small Victory
From AC Community Wiki
September 2004 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Gabrielle, in Rithwic, seems to have been given new orders. I only know what I hear."
- Town Crier tells you, "A vile smell has risen from the Blackmire swamp. People in Sawato have made mention that there is something growing in the old Sclavus Fort there."
- Town Crier tells you, "All the capital cities are abuzz with activity. Even Linvak Tukal and Timaru have seen arrivals of representatives of the Queen."
- Town Crier tells you, "News from Uziz is that Gersan, Gervena and Gerlok have been a bit busier recently."
- Town Crier tells you, "Just a little while ago, my cousin asked me to put an apple on my head. I did, and he promptly ran off a bit and produced a Weeping Bow and shot the apple off of my head. I've never seen an arrow fly so fast or straight before!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard that a lugian Captain has been put in charge of collecting some information for the High Queen. Why do we really need their help?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I think when I get some time off, I will take some time to look around Al-Jalima. I've seen and heard tell that the High Queen has had emissaries passing through the area recently."
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard that someone from the Royal Guard has appeared in Dryreach! Maybe they are there to liberate that poor, forgotten town?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumors are coming in that the Gotrok and Renegade Tumeroks are doing something in the eastern direland swamps. I wonder what they are up to..."
- You feel an extra weight in your backpack. It is there momentarily and then disappears.
- Town Crier tells you, "It must have been a Burun. Anyway, have a good day."
- Town Crier tells you, "A few reports have floated in about the Hollow, Phantom, and Weeping ranged weapons. It seems that a modification made to these weapons has rendered them capable of releasing their arrows, bolts, and darts at incredible rates of speed."
- Town Crier tells you, "All around Al-Jalima there has been a quiet calm. The High Queen called for a bit of aid to the village and aid came for a time. But it seems that the creatures of this world are learning that the aid will eventually wane, and they creep ever closer to our cities."
- Town Crier tells you, "Gersan, Gervena and Gerlok have been talking about working with the crystals found in the dungeons that held... well... Asheron's enemy at bay. It seems that they've been able to refine and improve their processes. Oh, and did you know that another portal appeared to one of the dungeons along the edge of the inner sea? Fancy that, eh?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard of Captain K'rank, but what I have heard is rather foolish. Seems that at one time he was a bit of stickler about clothing, yelling out insults to those that wore unmatched clothing. Silly Lugian. Now it appears that he is organizing some sort of fact gathering missions."
- Town Crier tells you, "Do you think that the Burun are looking for ways to bring more of them to this world? Maybe you should wait until you've been to the latest find in the Direlands. But you didn't hear it from me."
- Town Crier tells you, "My feet hurt. My head aches. My nose itches. My eyes are watery. My tummy hurts too. I need a vacation."
- Town Crier tells you, "The fort in the Blackmire swamp seems to be complete. There is no way inside, at least not that can be seen and Burun line the walls. The Renegades have left but the hulking Burun have taken their place. Then of course, there is the smell."
- Town Crier tells you, "I don't know about you, but I feel awful bad about disturbing the crypts of those sleeping undead. Dericost, Falatacot, either way, it is just not right."
No new messages this month.
New UI and Game Changes
- Player Versus Player
- Projectile speeds on the Weeping, Hollow and Phantom missile weapons have been increased to improve their effectiveness in PK and PKL combat. See the Letter to the Players for details.
- Apology Experience for characters on the Frostfell, Leafcull, Solclaim, and Thistledown servers due a rollback in September.
- Be sure to visit Jalina al-Hajj in Al-Arqas sometime during this month! She has a gift for you!
- Jalina al-Hajj tells you, "Please accept this along with our apologies."
- You've earned 165,000,000 experience.
- The Mage Academy -
- Fenmalain Vestibule Quest - Revised for characters level 20+
- Caulnalain Vestibule Quest - Revised for characters level 40+
- Shendolain Vestibule Quest - Revised for characters level 60+
- Singularity Weapons Quest - Singularity scepters and missile weapons rebalanced.
- Alec - 25.8N, 49.2E in Cragstone
- Aun Faranua - 44.2N, 77.9W in Timaru
- Captain K'rank - 77.7S, 28.0E in Linvak Tukal
- Coman ibn Rashid - 13.6N, 0.7E in Zaikhal
- Gorak - 7.9S, 73.2E in Dryreach
- Li Fong - 38.9S, 83.0E in Hebian-To
- Royal Guard Tabbeth - 7.9S, 73.1E in Dryreach
- Toberik - 29.5S, 65.5W in the Renegade Fortress
- Royal Guard Gabrielle - New dialog
- Tazal al-Ashfai - Renamed from "Planar Mage", appearance updated and level changed from 72 to level 132.
- Lonely Archmage - Renamed from "Archmage", wares updated
- Lonely Merchant - Renamed from "Merchant", wares updated
- Lonely Weaponsmith - Renamed from "Weaponsmith", wares updated
- 38.1S, 47.3W - Kivik Lir's Temple - East Direlands Swamp
- Burun Fortress Central Mound - 25.5S 46.4E
- Burun Fortress SW Mound - 25.5S 46.4E
- Burun Fortress SE Mound - 25.5S 46.4E
- Burun Fortress NE Mound - 25.5S 46.4E
- Burun Fortress NW Mound - 25.5S 46.4E
- Hidden Chamber
- Al-Jalima area content revised for levels 20-40:
- 13.4N, 5.3E - Lonely Merchant Tent - NPC updated.
- 10.4N, 5.9E - Monouga House - Creatures updated, chest added.
- 9.0N, 4.2E - Monouga House - Creatures updated.
- 7.9N, 8.6E - Lonely Archmage Tent - NPC updated.
- 7.0N, 12.6E - Lonely Weaponsmith Shop - NPC updated.
- 6.7N, 5.0E - Four Pillars Monument - Creatures updated.
- 6.7N, 6.7E - Skeleton House - Creatures updated. Runed chest added.
- Bones House - Creatures updated.
- Burial Temple - Updated with new creatures including a unique boss Skeleton.
- Forbidden Crypts - Creatures updated, level requirement increased from 8+ to 15+.
- Mysterious Cave - Creatures updated, Runed Chest added, level requirement increased from 8+ to 15+
- Recovered Temple - Creatures updated, chest changed to a Runed Chest.
- Fenmalain Vestibule - Updated with tougher creatures, level restriction increased from 10+ to 20+
- Caulnalain Vestibule - Updated with tougher creatures, level restriction increased from 26+ to 40+
- Shendolain Vestibule - Updated with tougher creatures, level restriction increased from 36+ to 60+
|Scroll of Lesser Conveyic Chant||Scroll of Conveyic Chant||Scroll of Greater Conveyic Chant||Scroll of Superior Conveyic Chant|
|Gold Golem Heart|
- Weeping, Phantom and Hollow Missile Weapons
- Flight speed of projectiles (bolts, arrows and darts) increased from 80% to 100%.
- Singularity Weapons
- Damage modifiers increased on all missile weapons.
- Virindi Slayer property reduced by 22% removed on all scepters.
- Crushing Blow property removed on all scepters.
- Biting Strike on Ultimate Singularity Scepters has been reduced by 6%.
- Biting Strike on Standard and Bound Singularity Scepters has been increased but is not as high as BS on the Ultimate Scepter.
- Fenmalain Crystal Atlatl
- Fenmalain Crystal Bow
- Fenmalain Crystal Crossbow
- Fenmalain Crystal Orb
- Biting Strike added.
- Item Enchantment/Creature Magic Mastery Self II to level III.
- Base wield req. added
- Fenmalain Crystal Shield
- Caulnalain Crystal Atlatl
- Caulnalain Crystal Bow
- Caulnalain Crystal Crossbow
- Caulnalain Crystal Orb
- Biting Strike added
- Item Enchantment/Creature Magic Mastery Self III increased to level IV.
- Base wield req. added
- Caulnalain Crystal Shield
- Shendolain Crystal Atlatl
- Shendolain Crystal Bow
- Shendolain Crystal Crossbow
- Shendolain Crystal Orb
- Shendolain Crystal Shield
- - New unique Foci colored icons for War Magic scrolls (see portal.dat below)
- Gromnie Teeth - Reward adjusted from 33% to 30%.
- Health of the Lugian - "Increase target's natural healing rate by 125%."
- Insight of the Lugian - "Increases the target's natural mana rate by 125%."
- Stamina of the Lugian - "Increases the rate which the target regains Stamina by 125%."
- Pyreal Target Drudge - Now green.
Click image for full size.
- Bael'Zharon is re-appearing during lightning flashes, and older and much larger moon images appear in the sky (see screenshots above).
- Note: these were side-effects of changes made to reduce the rainfall and were fixed in the next event.