Aetherium Raid (High)
From AC Community Wiki
|Walk Through ___ Maps ___ Items ___ XP ___ Lore & Dialog ___|
One of the many quests from the Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp.
- Speak with Sir Durnstad at the Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp at 12.3S, 75.0W. Everyone in the group must speak to Durnstad.
- Route: In Xarabydun, hand Merkitz ibn'Akadh an MMD note. He will open a portal directly to the Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp.
- Head to the Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon at 10.4S 75.2W.
- Work your way to the bottom. There are a few dead ends and the dungeon is fairly extensive. Down, first Right, next left.
- At the end you will find a Bright Aetherium Ore Stockpile guarded by several Stockpile Guardians. Destroy the stockpile.
- Note: The guardians respawn very quickly, and do not leave a corpse or drop any loot.
- The stockpile has 100,000+ health, is life & creature magic immune (tried several times with 450+ skill) and has zero missile defense. It regenerates health so can be very difficult to kill if you are alone.
- When the stockpile is destroyed, several Bright Aetherium Ore Fragments appear on the ground. Pick one up.
- Return to Sir Durnstad and give him the fragment for your reward.
|Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon||10.4S, 75.2W||2172.png||--||--||--|
|Bright Aetherium Ore Fragment|
|Mana Forge Key|
|Task Required||Max Experience||Percentage & Level Cap|
|Give Bright Aetherium Ore Fragment to Sir Durnstad||20,000,000xp||
??% up to level ??
|See Level Costs for per level information.|
Click image for full size version.
Lore & Dialog
Note: I used the lower dialogue. The higher level may be slightly different.
- Sir Durnstad tells you, "Greetings. I have been stationed here by the Queen in order to assist in the slowing of the Gear Knight forces invading Dereth."
- Sir Durnstad tells you, "To that end, my scouts have identified a stockpile of Aetherium Ore at the bottom of one of the Gear Knights excavations. If you are willing, I am authorized to send adventurers to destroy the stockpile, and reward you if you bring me proof of its destruction."
- Sir Oakley tells you, "You will find the tunnels they have dug at 10.4n, 75.2W. They've been reinforcing the location since they created it, so expect defenses in place."
- Sir Oakley tells you, "My reports indicate that the resistance in the site is quite high, so you may want to recruit a few of your compatriots to assist in this mission. Just make sure they all come to me first, so I can properly reward them upon your successful completion."
- Sir Durnstad tells you, "You'll find the excavation they're using to store their Aetherium Stockpile at 10.4n, 75.2W. Get in there, destroy it, and bring me back some of the remaining debris as proof."
- With a thunderous explosion, the stockpile is destroyed, leaving only scattered pieces of debris to mark its passage.
- You allow Sir Durnstad to examine your Bright Aetherium Ore Fragment.
- Sir Durnstad tells you, "A job well done. I'll take the remaining debris off your hands, and reward you."
- You hand over 1 of your Bright Aetherium Ore Fragments.
- You've earned 20,000,000 experience.
- Sir Durnstad gives you Mana Forge Key.
- Sir Durnstad tells you, "It'll take them a while to build up another stockpile. Come back in a week, and I'll have another mission for you."
- Sir Durnstad snaps off a quick salute.
- Sir Durnstad tells you, "Thanks again for your assistance in slowing down the progress of these Gear Knight invaders. Once I've verified another stockpile, I'd be grateful for your assistance in removing it."
- This quest may be completed again in 6d.