All That They Survey
From AC Community Wiki
October 2004 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "The Festival Season celebrations will be held late this year. Feel free to celebrate, we just won't have any festivities planned until later."
- Town Crier tells you, "I figured out how that Ust thing works so now I can salvage all the junk people keep giving me!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The Master Craftsmen of Glenden Wood have sent their journeymen out into the world. All those who wish to further their artisanal skills should contact the journeymen to discover what new crafting tests are available."
- Town Crier tells you, "When I put a full bag of salvage in the Ust, it drops right though now, rather than clogging up the whole operation."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear that Shoushi had some bad storms recently. I know we all wish them and their families the best."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hear ye! Hear ye! I plan on leaving town and raising chickens."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Burun have unearthed another ancient structure. This one can be found in the direlands. Oddly, their Renegade allies have not been spotted in the area."
- Town Crier tells you, "We've beaten back one of the Burun leaders. Clearing up the rest of them shouldn't be that difficult."
- Town Crier tells you, "I never knew the Ust could do so much!"
- Town Crier tells you, "It appears as though a schism has grown in the ranks of the Burun. After Morgluuk's defeat, a good portion of the Burun fled the wounded leader. Apparently his weakness gave rise to a fear that the Guruk would soon crush the Ruuk and so a great many of the Ruuk have joined with them."
- Town Crier tells you, "In my free time I've been undergoing the tests set forth by the Journeymen craftsmen. I'm well on my way to becoming a skilled cook! And my purse is filled with pyreal as well."
- Town Crier tells you, "Spies inside the Renegade camp state that the remaining Burun allies that they have are leaderless and have come to admire the Renegades free will. However, the remaining forces are too small to mount a potent resistance against our forces."
- Town Crier tells you, "Wow, can you believe it's been almost five years since all you heroes started showing up? Time flies when you're having fun!"
During the All That They Survy event, Ulgrim was found at the Mountain Retreat.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant says, "Nothing like an Ulgrim's Brew in the crisp mountain air."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant says, "Cold-brewed to warm the bones."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant says, "Aw! None Left!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Come to the mountains and see the sights,that's what the brochure said! Look at this place. The didn't even have a decent bar. Fortunately, I'm a people that knows people. So now the people here have a people that can give them the spirits that they need!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "King for a day! Fool for a lifetime."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So, where's my beer?"
- You give Ulgrim the Unpleasant Filled Beer Stein.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Not bad, nice beer stein too. It reminds me of that time I was in Dryreach."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I had decided to go on a trip. I was tired of all the sun and relaxation, you know how it is. Anyway, I traveled around for awhile visiting pubs and inns and ended up in Dryreach, where I was astonished to find a wonderful house brew made by my friend Mordomor."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I decided to spend awhile getting to know the drink better so I went to find the old lifestone NW of town. Yeah, I know there's a new lifestone there, but I didn't know that then. The old lifestone looked broken, but by this time I was heavily in my cups and unconcerned with trivial things."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Now, I'm going to give you a very important bit of information here. Never ever, under ANY circumstances, bind to a lifestone when you're drunk. And if you have an old faulty wand. And if it looks like the lifestone's broken... especially if it looks like the lifestone is broken. I remember wondering why the lifestone was sparking like that, then why my wand was sparking like that. Then my wand caught fire, shot from my hand and exploded... then things got weird."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Everything after that is fuzzy, but I remember dying repeatedly. Not something I recommend, but what with all the explosions and electric shocks it seemed like the thing to do. My life flashed before my eyes, at least the part that involved being repeatedly killed and revived by a demented lifestone."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "When I came to I found that the bodies I had left during my reincarnations hadn't died. In fact there were nine copies of myself standing around arguing with each other. I could have sworn that I died more than nine times, but like I said before I was pretty vitae'd up."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've heard of similar lifestone malfunctions before. Usually the duplicate is just a creepy standing corpse of sorts that hasn't forgotten how to breathe. In most cases unbinding from your lifestone will return that corpse's lifeforce or vitae back to its owner."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "But to unbind from the lifestone I needed to use the same casting device that I tied to it with. By the time I found one of my wand's splinters in the pocket of my robe I realized the duplicates of me had run off."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "It turned out that each of my copies had a splinter from the wand. I was too weak to get them back myself, so I enlisted the help of adventurers. These good people collected all the splinters of my wand and brought them back to me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I heard many stories about my duplicates and I actually grew kind of fond of some of them. It was with a heavy heart that I recrafted my wand and unbound from the lifestone. I haven't heard of them since then. I guess they're all gone..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'll always remember the time we spent together that spring."
New UI and Game Changes
- Salvaging skill introduced.
- You have been granted the opportunity to forget what you know about item tinkering in the form of a gem of forgetfulness.
- You have become knowledgeable in the methods of Salvaging.
- Your base Salvaging skill is now 5!
- Item Decay
- Certain items that were set to never decay now decay normally. These include Olthoi Eggs, many title tokens, and the Statue rewards. Holiday Lights, which were previously set to decay instantly, will now stay in game for at least 30 seconds before vanishing.
- Marae Lassel Rare Creature Spawns
- The chance of Aun Ralirea or the three Hea Raider Champions spawning on the Marae Lassel plateau has been increased.
- Lead by Mgrauleshk, a Guruk Gorefiend, the Burun storm the Temple of Izji Qo. The portal gateway in the matron's crypt has become active and the Burun have stormed a receiving chamber containing a sealed portal. Mhrauleshk and his force will break through the wall and activate the portal beacon, bringing the Burun masters to Dereth unless they are stopped within ninety minutes.
- Crafter Quest - New Journeyman Craftsmen introduced.
- Journeyman Alchemists
- Journeyman Cooks
- Journeyman Fletchers
|Temple of Forgetfulness Update|
|Salvaging Gem of Forgetfulness|
Click image for full size.