June 2011 - Patch Page
Click image for full size version.
Original Link - http://ac.turbine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=653-stirrings-in-the-dark-&catid=85-2011&Itemid=68
Stirrings in the Dark
Ferah moved along the rocky hills around Tou-Tou with several shadows following close behind her. Finally, she stopped at a grassy recess cut into the side of the rock. After examining the area closely, Ferah turned to address the other shadows.
“This is the place. Send word to Ler Rhan that we've found it and are ready to proceed.”
One of the shadows nodded and quickly headed off towards the Shadow Spire while the other shadows began their work.
The shadow wound its way up around the obsidian tower where Ler Rhan stood on the high ledge, staring out at the cave below.
“Black Ferah has found the location.”
Ler Rhan responded without turning to face the messenger.
“Ahead of schedule. Make sure all of the crystals that were gathered are sent to the site.”
“At once Sir.”
“And tell them to get started on the research immediately. The sooner we have this information, the sooner we can proceed to the final stage of the process.”
The shadow nodded his understanding and headed back down the spiraling path to get all of the workers ready.
Isin Dule stared out the window of the Arwic cottage where he was residing. He heard the return of one of his scouts and turned to face him as he entered the room.
“Ler Rhan has begun working on a new site near Tou-Tou. Many of his shadows have already begun to report there.”
“It is as I feared based off of the last communiqué we intercepted. Have they been moving those strange crystals to the site as well?”
“They have. I think they are moving the remaining ones today.”
Isin Dule turned to stare out of the window for a moment before slowly turning back to face his scout.
“Then there is no time to waste. Send a group in to destroy everything they find within that site.”
“I will assemble the team now.” The scout turned to leave the room before Isin Dule spoke once again.
“One more thing. Inform the team that if they fail, a destructive force not seen for many years will be unleashed upon this world.”
Original Link - http://ac.turbine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=652-june-rollout-fiction&catid=85-2011&Itemid=68
June Rollout Fiction
The young adventurer stood there, fitting the new shield cover over his old, battered shield.
“Well, aren't you the picture of shiny conformity,” said the old soldier, looking at his friend, now covered head to toe in the trappings of the Celestial Hand.
“You're just jealous because I completed my Master elevation before you did,” replied the young adventurer, looking smug.
“That shield cover is going to be a mess by the end of the day. Even if they magicked it to keep it from being torn to shreds, I bet it still soaks up blood.”
“Well, if it does, I can use it to bandage you up after the Reedsharks gnaw on you for a while.”
“And that robe makes you look like a froofy mage.”
“I am fully proficient in two schools of magic,” replied the young adventurer, clearly getting riled.
With a smirk, the old soldier continued, “Oh please, you cast portals and life protections. That hardly makes you a mage. Mage's don't spend all of their time hiding behind a shield with a fluffy cover on it.”
“It's not ‘fluffy'! It's a respectable representation of my allegiance to the Celestial Hand!” yelled the young adventurer, now fully aggravated with his companion.
Now smiling ear to ear, the soldier continued without missing a beat, “And, mark my words, that robe is going to get tangled in your sword. All your pretty ‘armor' is going to do nothing but get you killed. Just wait and see.”
“That's it, I'm done with this. Can we just go finish these missions in Neftet now? We'll see who gets killed when the Dust Golems come...” said the young adventurer with an air of finality. He then turned and stomped off toward the sandstone canyons.
The old soldier chuckled as he grabbed his pack and followed, “You're too easy.”
Borelean sat in the storeroom, sifting through the piles of books stored there. Each book appeared to be an exact copy of the others, and each in turn was sealed by some power that defied all of Borelean's skills and attempts to open them. He had been trying for hours to get any of the books to open, but the secret to unlocking any of the aspects of the Book of Eibhil still eluded him.
“Bah, this is useless. If I'm going to get anywhere in figuring out how to get Hoshino Kei back, it's going to take more than a bunch of cheap copies of the book she was sacrificed to. There has to be some way to get my hands on the actual book...” he mused dejectedly to himself.
A whisper of a voice answered him from the room itself, “If you wish the book, prove your desire.”
Borelean sat up with a start. “Who's there?” he said, now alert for danger. Nothing but silence answered him.
So the prince was left there, to ponder what it would take to prove the strength of his desire to get his love back.
Original Link - http://ac.turbine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=649-june-release-notes&catid=85-2011&Itemid=68
June 2011 Release Notes
Greetings and welcome to the June 2011 release notes!
With the temperature heating up outside the Asheron's Call team has been staying inside using their time to squash bugs and fix existing issues. A few of the spring bunnies may have gotten in the way, but thankfully they've grown up and are able to dodge incoming squash attacks.
Let's take a look at all the changes in the June update!
- Quest of the Month Updates:
- Weekly: Suzuhara's care package.
- Bi-Weekly: Tanada House of Storms
- Month: Staff of the Nomads
- Monthly Kill Task update.
- New Contracts (found at Town Network bartenders & Society Shopkeepers):
- Bellas Aug Gem
- Society Aug Gem
- Diemos Aug Gem
- Luminance Aug Gem
- Colo wins
- Aerbax's Defeat
- Summoning T'thuun
- Empyrean Rescue
- Uncovering the Renegades (Apostate Citadel)
- Tumerok Salted Meat
- Deewain's Dark Cavern
- The spring babies have grown up!
- The Reedsharks in the Lost City of Neftet have had their stats adjusted.
- Pickly Pears can now be stacked and were given a unique icon.
- Prickly Pears on the Neftet plateaus will now correctly generate agitated wasp swarms.
- A surface portal at end of Lair of the Eviscerators dungeon has been added.
- Bak'tshay Lady in the Sand Temple is no longer elemental.
- Changed the icon for the Lost city of Neftet Recall.
- Changes have been made to the Dryreach Rescue quest so that players don't have to wait as long to run the quest after another player. NPCs no longer disappear while waiting for a quest to be completed.
- Decay time for very low value items has been hastened.
- T'thuun pack dolls will now decay in 20 seconds if left on the ground.
- Insatiable Eater Jaw pickup timer reduced to 13 days.
- Baron Nuvillus had his stats adjusted.
- Prismatic Ammo should now recognize rending from weapon tinkering imbues.
- Typo fix to plural tense for Wrapped Bundles of Prismatic Arrowheads.
- Rebalanced Prismatic ammo's fletch skill requirements.
- Various typos fixed to the Desert NPCs and related quests.
- Fix to texture of Sand Temple stairs.
- Fix to Zaikhal plaque in Town Hub.
- Olthoi Brood Matron as been fixed to no longer hit with hybrid damage types.
- Fixed Alchemy Forges so they will not freeze for the Crafting Forges contract.
- Fix to Drudge Aviator quest.
- Fix so that players should no longer be able to get stuck in Apostate Excavation Investigation quest if they Town Crier the quest items.
- Squalid Shield is now inscribable.
- Core integrator can now be used on upgraded relic armor.
- Aun Javhalrea, the Game Warden now accepts token turn-ins of 100, 10, or 1 at a time with a daily limit of 100.
- New Dark Isle Trophies can be found and turned in 100, 10, or 1 at a time. Turn in limit of 100 per day and the old tokens should still work as before.
- Fixed coordinates on the contracts for the four desert mini-dungeon quests.
- Contract Updates:
- Reset timer fixed so they no longer get stuck as “Done”. Instead they will return to either “Available” or “In Progress”.
- Status should now correctly sort reset timers numerically.
- Contracts can now be added even if the character already has the contract active.
- Description changes for Assault (low, mid, high, expert) contracts.
- Barber Update: Flame & Crown suppression should no longer require a relog to see changes.
- Tailoring has been updated so the dying property is restored after tailoring.
- Shield Tailoring has been updated so the scaling of shields should now be correct after tailoring (a relog will be necessary).
- Covenant shields should now overwrite Olthoi Shields correctly when tailored.
- New Society Robes tailoring kit available from Society Quartermasters that will work only on Society breastplates.
- New Society Shield Covers have been added that will tailor onto loot-generated shields.
- New Society NPCs that informs players if their society owns a keep.
- Fix to restore the +10 specialized skill bonus to skills that were specialized by augmentation gems (this includes all the tinkering & gearcraft skills) whom used the skill reset NPC. NOTE: This change was not versioned onto characters with this issue, but can be fixed by resetting your skills again via either Skill Reset NPC, or Alt Racial skill NPC for Viamont/Gear Knights.
- The Sleek Dress and the Siraluun Dress have had their sleeves fixed.
- Gear Knights and Empyreans that were having trouble hitting small creatures in melee should be able to hit their targets now.
KNOWN ISSUE: crown/flame suppression effect on inventory paper doll & examine panel still do not update until after relog.
So these are just some of the things we have in store for Asheron's Call in June. Please remember that along with everything listed here, there are several new quests and exciting things going into the game for the June Event.