Black Death Catacombs Quiddity Seed Quest
|Walk Through ___ Maps ___ Items ___ XP ___ Titles ___ Images ___ Lore & Dialog ___ Notes|
1st Strange Device
- [Optional] Speak to the Emissary of Asheron by the stairs in the right-most room at Asheron's Castle to begin the quest.
- Make your way to the 1st Strange Device at 21.9N, 19.0E
- Route: From the level 40 part of the Facility Hub, take the Bellig tower base and then run to 21.9N 19.0E.
- Using the device spawns several Olthoi Sentinel Trackers who instantly attack. These Olthoi are mostly transparent and are classified as Apparitions.
- This the hardest fight of the quest and solo adventurers may need assistance.
- Using the device also spawns the "ghosts" of Elysa Strathelar and Thorsten Cragstone who reenact their first encounter.
- When the Olthoi are killed, several gems called Elysa's Hope will spawn around the device. Each player will need to collect one (and more will spawn if all are taken.)
- NOTE: The gems may not spawn if the Olthoi are killed too far from the Strange Device. "Nothing Happens" after using the Strange Device again for a while.
2nd Strange Device
- Go to the 2nd Strange Device found in the Underground City.
- The place where the words of the past were found refers to Elysa discovering Empyrean texts within the Underground City. You can reach the Underground City by taking the portal in the Abandoned Mine or taking the Isle of Tears portal (25.2N, 49.9E) in Cragstone and running to the city at 21.3N, 53.9E.
- The 2nd device is located in the area marked on the map as lvl -1. It is in the side room that does not contain the surface portal.
- If you have a jump of 430+ you can reach it quickly by shift-jumping up to the balcony just forward and to the left of the drop.
- When you use the device Elysa and Cragstone will appear again, and have a conversation about the texts Elysa has discovered. When they are done, Elysa's Resolve gems will appear on the floor. Unlike before, this strange device does not spawn any enemies.
- Combine the two gems to form Elysa's Partial Reflection.
- You bring the two gems into close proximity, and they fuse into one.
3rd Strange Device
- Go to 3rd Strange Device located at 21.2N, 69.2E
- The home of Light refers to Asheron's castle. Take the portal in Eastham near the windmill to reach Asheron's Isle and then take the portal device at the drop to reach his castle. The device is just outside the door. Use it to watch Elysa and Thorsten discover Asheron's Castle and see Elsya teleport away into Asheron's Sanctum. After Elysa returns outside they will speak once more before giving you another clue. Elysa's Courage gems then appear on the floor.
- Combine the two gems to form Elysa's Incomplete Reflection.
- You bring the two gems into close proximity, and they fuse into one.
4th Strange Device
- The 4th Strange Device is also found in the Underground City.
- The tomb of past warriors refers to Thorsten Cragstone's Tomb, found in the Underground City. Simply follow the directions on the map labeled "Shortest path to Hidden Dungeon" and stop in room with Thorsten's tomb. The Device is located on above this room, and you can reach it by jumping from one of the open windows.
- Once the apparitions of Elysa and Thorsten disappear, Elysa's Determination gems will appear.
- One again combine the two gems to form Elysa's Phantasmal Arrow.
- You bring the two gems into proximity. They both give off a small pop and vanish in clouds of purple mist. The mist coalesces into a ghostly arrow tipped with a small dab of black goo.
Black Death Catacombs Quiddity Seed
- You must now go to the Black Death Catacombs Quiddity Seed found in the Black Death Catacombs.
- From the (literal) drop, go North down the ramp and then due South. The Quiddity Seed is located in the Southern-most room behind the portal to the Paradox-touched Olthoi Queen's lair. (Don't go down the stairs!)
- Use the Seed to be portaled into a nearly-black version of the old Black Death Catacomb before it was split up by portals.
- This dungeon has Vrinidi and more of the spectral Olthoi.
- This dungeon is very, very dark. You might want to bring a torch (or a fire weapon.)
- You will be dropped in the Lower Corridor section of the map (LVL -2 on the far-East of the ACMap.) Do not jump down!
- Go South until you reach a hall going East that leads to North-facing stairs. (marker 4 on the map)
- Up the stairs and take the first right, continuing North until it turns East. (marker D5/P5 on the map)
- You are now in the Black Death Catacombs part of the map.
- Follow the hall until you're back in the big room. You'll see the long ramp you went down after the first (literal) drop.
- Go South back into the room where you used the Quiddity Seed.
- Elysa should be waiting there. Hand her the arrow (created from combining the 3 gems) to see the Thorsten's final moments.
- After the scene is done and the queen dies, its head will appear on the ground. Pick it up and bring it back to Asheron. Note: if you are doing this with a group, you must wait 30 seconds between hand ins to make sure everyone gets the olthoi head. If you want to get the text from this quest, it is located in the dream BDC where the surface portal/drop point would be in the regular BDC.
- Emissary of Asheron will give a Braced Mana Forge key upon turning in the head.
- It's the Emissary in the tower to the right after you enter the castle, not the one next to the big man Asheron.
- The Bracers may be turned in for experience. When you give it to Asheron's Servant, a dialog box will appear asking if you wish to hand in the item for up to 5% experience.
|Underground City||21.9N, 19.0E||--||01E9||--||--|
|Black Death Catacombs Quiddity Seed||59.9N, 71.2E||--||5E45||--||--|
|Elysa's Hope||Elysa's Resolve||Elysa's Partial Reflection||Elysa's Courage|
|Elysa's Incomplete Reflection||Elysa's Determination||Elysa's Phantasmal Arrow||Head of the Apparition Olthoi Queen|
|Braced Mana Forge Key||Empowered Bracers of the Perfect Light||Quiddity Ingot (BDC)||Execution Log of Strathelar Modification|
|Task Required||Max Experience||Percentage & Level Cap|
|Give the Head of the Apparition Olthoi Queen to Asheron's Servant||81,207,858xp||
25% up to level 150
|Give the Empowered Bracers of the Perfect Light to Asheron's Servant||16,241,571xp||
5% up to level 150
|See Level Costs for per level information.|
|Task Required||Title Reward|
|Give Head of the Apparition Olthoi Queen to Asheron's Servant||Warrior of the Past|
|See Titles for a list of all available titles.|
Click image for full size version.
Aerbax used strange Virindi magic to try to erase the memory of the defeat of the Olthoi Queen from the minds of the Isparians in an attempt to break their spirits and make them more easily controlled. This quest replays events from the past, starting several years before the defeat of the Dereth Olthoi Queen, Starting with the point when Elysa first escaped the olthoi nest she was held captive in and met Thorsten Cragstone for the first time. It follows them to the Underground City where the Aluvian Resistance was headquartered, to Asheron's Castle where Elysa first met Asheron, and into the Black Death Catacombs where Cragstone was killed by the Olthoi Queen and Elysa used her enchanted arrow to defeat the Queen.
Asheron (Original Flagging)
Asheron tells you, "The third and final Quiddity Seed was not found by my divinations. I only have a vague idea of what memory may be at risk. Seek out an apparition in the Northern Desert who I have been told will help you."
1st Strange Device
Elysa Strathelar says, "Must not catch me...must stay ahead of them..."
Thorsten Cragstone says, "Wait a second, lassie - we're comin' ta get ya!"
Thorsten Cragstone says, "Alright, boys! Let's be squashin' some bugs for the lady!"
Elysa Strathelar says, "No! Not back to the caverns! I'll die first!"
Elysa Strathelar says, "Thank Pwyll! Give me a weapon and I'll help!"
A female whisper on the wind says, "Seek resolve in the place where the words of the past were found."
2nd Strange Device
Thorsten Cragstone says, "Lass...I brought ye some tea. It's not good, but it's the best we be gettin' from the surface."
Elysa Strathelar says, "Lemongrass is fine, Thorsten. Thank you."
Thorsten Cragstone says, "Ye be welcome, m'love."
Elysa Strathelar says, "Thorsten, come here and look at this paper."
Thorsten Cragstone says, "Well, lassie, truth be - I canna read."
Elysa Strathelar says, "Oh...well, I'll teach you. But later. This writing is like nothing that I've ever seen before. It's not Roulean, not any of the scripts of far off lands - not even similar. I've figured out a way to translate it, though."
Thorsten Cragstone says, "Oh? What's it say?"
Elysa Strathelar says, "This word seems like it would sound like...'Empyrean'...it's another culture, maybe a culture we can contact for help with the Olthoi!"
Thorsten Cragstone says, "We've been over this before, lass - there's too many ta fight. We can stay here, safe..."
Elysa Strathelar says, "No, Thorsten...we will free our people...we must. There's directions to another one of those portals that leads to an island. If I read this right, there's a man named...'Asheron', I think. He's supposed to be the master of a school of powerful magic...surely his magic can help against the Olthoi!"
Thorsten Cragstone says, "I dinna think so...the magics that our people know do nothing against 'em, and wouldn't this Asheron have fought the Olthoi off if he could've?"
Elysa Strathelar says, "Perhaps he doesn't know how prolific they are, perhaps he doesn't even know we're here...either way, I intend to go there, with or without you."
Thorsten Cragstone says, "Ye mean this, lass?"
Elysa Strathelar says, "Yes. I cannot be content to live here under the earth when our people still live in thrall."
Cragstone says, "Alright, lass. I'll go with ye to visit this...Asheron.
A female whisper on the wind says, "Seek courage in the home of light."
3rd Strange Device
Elysa Strathelar says, "Where is the key..."
Thorsten Cragstone says, "I think we be wastin' our time, m'dear. If whoever be inside be at all interested in talkin', they be doin' a good job o' hidin' it."
Elysa Strathelar says, "Nonsense...I will not believe that this place is uninhabited."
Elysa Strathelar says, "Whoever's in there - open up! I won't go away! You must listen to us, of the plight of our people! We were summoned here by strange portals, an unknown magic we have never seen be-"
Thorsten Cragstone says, "Lass, ye've returned! I was worried for ye, but I dinna know how ta enter..."
Elysa Strathelar says, "It is alright, Thorsten...there was nothing you could've done. Thorsten, I have done it! I have met the sorcerer in his tower! It is a wondrous place. He is a man of few words though."
Thorsten Cragstone says, "What did he say, lass?"
Elysa Strathelar says, "Just one thing - "You must find the Queen and slay her.""
Thorsten Cragstone says, "And how d'we do that?"
Elysa Strathelar says, "I think with this..."
Thorsten Cragstone says, "What be that?"
Elysa Strathelar says, "I think it's a sort of poison, maybe. I think we should try it on our weapons when we fight the Olthoi."
Thorsten Cragstone says, "I dinna think we're ready for an open confrontation quite yet...but if it be true, if it be the first step, maybe..."
A female whisper on the wind says, "Seek determination in the tomb of past warriors."
4th Strange Device
Elysa Strathelar says, "Pay heed me words, brave warriors of Aluvia! Today is the day we have dreamt of! We have our destiny in our hands!"
Elysa Strathelar says, "We have found the Queen of the Olthoi, the heart of the darkness we have fought for so long! We can reach her, and if we can reach her, we can slay her!"
Elysa Strathelar says, "Do you remember your families, your friends, all held in slavery for so long? Today is the day we march forward to free them!"
Elysa Strathelar says, "There is no fury in the world like the Aluvians marching to war. Let us show the Olthoi the steel of Aluvian hearts! Let their death scream echo in their caverns, until finally we have met the Olthoi Queen in her dark majesty and ended her reign!"
Elysa Strathelar says, "Let the horns of our ancestors sound triumphant! We march to war!"
A female whisper on the wind says, "And now, in the end...you must seek the end to my story, and the beginning to the story of humanity upon Dereth."
Black Death Cathedral
Elysa Strathelar says, "Thorsten? Where are you? I cannot see what has happened in here..."
Elysa Strathelar says, "Thorsten! No...no..."
Thorsten Cragstone says, "Ye foul fiend!"
Elysa Strathelar says, "You! Die, now!"
A female whisper on the wind says, "...and that was the end of my story, hunter...while the swarm still exists, it never again held this land in thrall. And so, one queen gave way to another. Remember me...as an enemy, but as a worthy enemy..."
You give Asheron Head of the Apparition Olthoi Queen .
Asheron tells you, "What is this that you give me, Isparian?"
Asheron tells you, "It is like the head of the old Olthoi Queen, but insubstantial. Tell me how you came about this?"
You detail your pursuit of Elysa's remembrances.
Asheron tells you, "It would seem that Aerbax's minion have been manipulating the memory of the defeat of the Olthoi Queen. Perhaps Aerbax thought that it would prove easier to turn the Isparians if they were still held in bondage to the Olthoi."
Asheron tells you, "There is a strange core to the Olthoi head...I have extracted it for your use."
Asheron gives you Quiddity Ingot.
Asheron gives you Empowered Bracers of the Perfect Light.
You've earned 131,000,000 experience.
Asheron tells you, "Elysa is safe. You have restored the past to what should be, and I believe Aerbax will not be able to gain a foothold against you through that means. Elysa is safe, but more importantly, all of your kind is safe by your actions."
Asheron looks down at you with a warm friendliness.
For valor and bravery in the face of the unknown I award [Player Name] the title "Warrior of the Past."
You allow Asheron to examine your Empowered Bracers of the Perfect Light.
Asheron tells you, "Perhaps you would rather have some experience in exchange for this?"
Asheron tells you, "Very well."
You hand over 1 of your Empowered Bracers of the Perfect Lights.
You've earned 16,241,571 experience. (level 182)
You allow Emissary of Asheron to examine your Quiddity Ingot.
Emissary of Asheron tells you, "Well, I suppose Olthoi will eat anything. Perhaps you should hold on to this for awhile."