Blight Lord Lair Quest
|Walk Through ___ Items ___ XP ___ Images ___ Lore & Dialog ___ Notes|
- Collect 20 Blighted Mana Crystals, these drop at 100% rate on the following creatures:
- Blighted Pyreal Golem - Aerlinthe Island
- Blighted Sotiris Hollow Minion - A'mun Desert
- Blighted Hoary Armoredillo - Traitor's Island
- Blighted Oak Golem - Northern Osteth
- Blighted Dire Ursuin - Linvak Mountains
- Blighted Bane Grievver - Obsidian Plains
- Tip: In terms of spawn density the best one to hunt is the Hoary Armoredillo north of Silyun. You can get 20 fairly quickly there by covering a fairly small area near the Node.
- Speak to one of the six Node Pyramid Gateways to be portaled to its Blight Lord's Lair.
- If you delay answering (about 10 seconds), the dialog box will disappear.
- The drop is hot, so be ready to fight.
- Once you agree to entry you will be portaled into a big cross shaped room with no visible exits and a selectable node altar at the drop point.
- All six Gatestones share the same timer.
- Defeat the Blight Guardians and the Blight Lord.
- Loot the Blight Lord's head and give it to the node altar, to get a Mana Forge key along with some experience. You will then be portaled back outside.
|Mana Forge Key|
|Task Required||Max Experience||Percentage & Level Cap|
|Give the Head of the Blight Lord to the Altar in the Lair||65,782,362xp||
10% up to level 180
|See Level Costs for per level information.|
Lore & Dialog
Town Crier tells you, "That's right, there are more powerful creatures hidden in lairs underneath those pyramids. Asheron has established a gatestone at each that allows adventurers into the hidden lairs, but beware! It is not an easily repeated passage."
Town Crier tells you, "Visit the pyramids in the Halaetan Islands, A'mun Desert, Linvak Mountains, Esper Mountains, Obsidian Plain, or Aerlinthe Island to see."
Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Does it strike you as unseemly that Asheron has given over all the node-cleansing work at those six pyramids to we frail humans? I thought that was his specialty, defeating archdemons with the power of the light and whatnot. I think Asheron's getting lazy in his old age."
You do not have enough Blighted Mana Shards to pass through to the Blight Lord's lair.
You allow Halaetan Gatestone to examine your Blighted Mana Crystal.
You hold the Blighted Mana Shard against the gatestone to no effect. You get the sensation that simply trying to use the gatestone with at least 20 Blighted Mana Shards in your pack will activate its powers.
You waited too long to answer the question! The Gatestone thrums once, powerfully, as if to register displeasure with your lack of valor.
The Gatestone teleports you into the lair of the Aerlinthe Blight Lord!
You hand over 20 of your Blighted Mana Crystals.
The Gatestone teleports you into the lair of the Linvak Blight Lord!
You hear a sibilant voice whisper in your head, "Slay the desecrator of this sacred place and present its head to the altar within to receive your reward..."
A voice whispers in your head, "Ashes for ashes, blood for blood... Give us the head of the desecrator and the Wheel shall turn anew."
You give Aerlinthe Altar Head of the Aerlinthe Blight Lord.
You present the head of the Blight Lord to the Altar, and the device seems to absorb the foul, rotting head into itself with an unmistakable air of satisfaction. There is a flash of light, and you find that something has been dropped into your pack...
Aerlinthe Altar gives you Mana Forge Key.
You've earned 65,782,362 experience.
The altar whispers in your mind, "You have cleansed the taint... for now. Receive your reward, and be on your way..."
The Gatestone senses you have trod this path recently, and seems to reject your presence with a rude thrum.