Caulnalain Vestibule Quest
Related topics: 09/21/00 - Caulnalain Soul Crystal (Live Event)
|Walk Through ___ Maps ___ Items ___ XP ___ Images ___ Lore & Dialog ___ Notes|
Quest to destroy a replica of the powerful Soul Crystal that was once found in the Caulnalain Chamber.
- Retrieve a Caulnalain Key as a trophy from Shadow Lieutenants, Sinister Shadows and Lesser Void Knights. You can find Lieutenants in the Caulnalain dungeon itself.
- Once you're ready make your way to the Caulnalain Vestibule.
- Once you portal in, jump down into the area below using either the east or west room, it doesn't matter which.
- At the bottom go into the south west room and head down the passage, once you reach the T section head left and then take the second left turn heading south.
- You will come to a room with green lighting in two corners, take the east passage from this room and just follow the path all the way to the room with the Caulnalain Gate. You will find that the gate is just metres away from the pit you dropped into at the start.
- Use a Caulnalain Key on the gate to receive a Caulnalain Portal Gem.
- You now have a gem that will send you to the Caulnalain Chamber.
- The last part is very easy to navigate as the only way to progress is by jumping down a pit at the end of each section. After the second jump head east into the area with the Caulnalain Crystal.
- Once you have defeated the crystal loot a gem and take it to one of the brothers in Al-Arqas (31.3S, 13.5E) for your reward.
- Tip: If you continue on into the sections behind the Caulnalain Crystal you will find lots of areas that spawn Crystal Spurs. The Spurs drop Tiny Shards, which can be given to Gersan the Sureshot in Uziz for 30 Crystal Arrowheads. The arrowheads can be used to fletch ammunition for crystal missile weapons.
|Caulnalain Vestibule||68.5N, 5.5E||--||02DC||--||--|
|Caulnalain Chamber||Caulnalain Portal Gem||--||02DF||--||--|
|Caulnalain Key||Caulnalain Gate|
|Caulnalain Portal Gem||Caulnalain Gem|
|Caulnalain Crystal Bow||Caulnalain Crystal Atlatl|
|Caulnalain Crystal Crossbow||Caulnalain Crystal Orb|
|Caulnalain Crystal Shield|
|Task Required||Max Experience||Percentage & Level Cap|
|Turn in Caulnalain Gem||5,000,000xp||
|See Level Costs for per level information.|
Lore & Dialog
You give Gersan the Sureshot Caulnalain Gem.
Gersan the Sureshot tells you, "A rare and powerful gem. Here is your bow, infused with the crystal's essence. Remember that this bow can only fire ammunition made from crystal fragments, which I can make for you if you give me crystal shards. I am sure you appreciate how rare the gems are, so take care not to lose your bow!"
Gersan the Sureshot tells you, "If you desire a crossbow, you must attach it to a stock yourself. If you desire an atlatl, give me back the bow and I'll see what I can do."
Gersan the Sureshot gives you Caulnalain Crystal Bow.
You've earned 5,000,000 experience.
Gersan the Sureshot tells you, "I've also taken the liberty of granting you some practical knowledge..."
You give Gersan the Sureshot Caulnalain Crystal Bow. Gersan the Sureshot tells you, "Well, it's no bow, but I do have this old contraption here. Remember, this can only fire crystal-tipped darts." Gersan the Sureshot gives you Caulnalain Crystal Atlatl.
You give Gervena the Oblique Caulnalain Gem.
Gervena the Oblique tells you, "This gem holds a respectable amount of crystal essence. Take this orb as your just reward for your effort. But be careful with it, as you may not ever be able to replace it if you lose it!"
Gervena the Oblique gives you Caulnalain Crystal Orb.
You've earned 5,000,000 experience.
Gervena the Oblique tells you, "I've also taken the liberty of granting you some practical knowledge..."
- During the Should the Stars Fall event, the value was reduced on the crystal rewards to lessen the chance of losing them. Caulnalain Keys were also now no longer Attuned.
- During the A Perfect Paradox event, it became possible to receive a Caulnalain Crystal Atlatl by handing your crystal bow back to Gersan the Sureshot.
- During the A Small Victory event, the Vestibule dungeons were revised with higher level creatures and a new level restriction. The items were also updated.
- During the Foolish Ambition event, an experience reward was added for turning in the Caulnalain Gem.
- During the Filling in the Blanks event, the experience reward increased from 2,045,377xp (20% up to level 60) to 5,000,000xp.