Cloak of Darkness
October, 2011 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
No rollout article this month.
Patch Size: 21,294k (Client: 4,624k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Poor Tou-Tou. I used to call that town home years ago and now it is gone..."
- Town Crier tells you, "All those who aided Ler Rhan deserve a terrible fate for what they've caused."
- Town Crier tells you, "I welcome the Tumeroks which have joined our kingdom."
- Town Crier tells you, "It is that time of year where strange creatures appear on the landscape with heads like Jack 'O Lanterns."
- Town Crier tells you, "You should rush out and get yourself one of those new cloaks."
- Town Crier tells you, "They provide great benefits that can be gotten nowhere else."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear there is a new Gurog costume that can be obtained."
- Town Crier tells you, "You will have to fight in the dangerous frozen north to find the pieces you need."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear the casinos have become a much more lucrative place to gamble your notes."
- Town Crier tells you, "I would hurry and get your fill before the Game Masters realize the error in the odds."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Every time this season rolls around I see people ripping the limbs off of dead creatures and carrying them around."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "And people say I'm strange..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Did you just call me strange? You better apologize with a stout before I get angry."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Why is everyone copying my style and running around in robes now? Never forget who the true original is."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I survived to battle another day. I'm sure if I had not helped, the rest of Dereth would have been lost along with Tou-Tou."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I can't remember where I left that sword though..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ah well, I'm just as deadly with my bare hand. Why hand? Well I need the other to hold my drink."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I messed with the Gambler Bosses odds sheets. I wonder how long it will take them to realize?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Better get going while the going is good."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "A cloak? No you won't catch me wearing one of those cloaks."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "What's next? People wearing tights or red and blue suits?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You're telling me there are already people wearing red and blue suits? It's going to be one of those heavy drinking days."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Those Tumeroks are a good folk. I used to lose whole days when they'd pass me the peace pipe."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm glad they're a part of the kingdom now. More interesting than if those Lugians joined us."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Lugians are joining us?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Do me a favor and don't tell anyone I said that."
New UI and Game Changes
- New playable race: Aun Tumerok
- Helmet, Foot armor and greaves do not show, Robes however, cover the whole body
- 13 different hairstyles, hair colors include purple/pink, green, blue and turquoise
- A Cloak slot has been added to paper doll.
- Clothing such as Shirts and Pants can be tailored
- Cloaks and Over-robes have been added to the creature loot profiles.
- Identification panels have been updated:
- Armor values have been moved below Monarch and Patron.
- Damage Rating, Critical Damage Rating, Damage Resistance Rating, Critical Damage Resistance Rating, Damage Over Time Resistance Rating, Health Drain Resistance Rating are now displayed.
- An asterisk (*) besides an armor value now denotes that the piece is unenchantable.
- Stage 7 of the Shadow Invasion Quest chain Stop the Rebuilding was introduced.
- The Panumbris Shadows, and Void Lords in Tou-Tou have been updated and now award Luminance.
- Shadow's Breath have been added to the landscape spawns around old Tou-Tou, they do hollow(?) acid damage, watch out!
- 5 new Contracts added.
- New Character Selection screen Background.
- The Cooldown Timer on using Portal Gems has been reduced from 30 to 15 seconds.
- Society Portal gems now stack to 25.
- Pack Doll decay timers was altered so they would not stay on the landscape indefinitely.
- Stop the Rebuilding - 30,000 Luminance, 350,000,000xp, Fortified Mana Forge Key
- (Stage 7 of the Shadow Invasion Quest Chain).
- Gurog Parts - collect all the Gurog body parts to obtain a Gurog Guise
- Casino Updates:
- Low, Mid, and High-Stakes Gambling tokens now cost 1 M, 1 MM, and 2 MMD's each.
- PP Gambling Tokens cannot be used in the upgraded casinos (the town criers and the colo barrels will accept them though)
- Casino rewards upgraded substantially.
- Golden Chest - Now have a spread of tier 6 loot, and Craft 10 Salvage, Pristine Mana Shards, Enhanced Mana Elixirs, and Enhanced Health Elixirs.
- Grand Casino Chest - Now offers tier 7 loot, 1 Alternate Currency and a bag Foolproof Salvage, Gem of Greater Luminance, Mana Forge Key, Ancient Falatacot Trinket, or Pristine Mana Shard.
- Pack Dolls can no longer be gambled, however, the Casino Bosses still accept Mosswart Thanking Stones
- Tumerok Banners Quest
- Noble Weapons Quest
- Menhir Research - Now gives Golden Key as reward instead of Grand Casino Key.
- Hermit's Death Wish
- Quest renamed to Death's Allure and timer reduced to 6 days.
- Monthly Explorer Society Quests
- WARNING: These quests are standalone quests, the xp bonuses are strictly handled by the NPCs in Kara, speak to them after finishing to get your bonus. Also your timer for the bonuses depend on when you completed last month's set of quests, speak to each NPC to find out if your timer hasn't expired yet. More details here.
- Ansar El-Kerdany: Lunnum's Return
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Fiun Layeel needs help in discovering the fate of Lunnum, who had gone missing."
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Help him find any information on her disappearance then return to me and I shall reward you."
- Esmond Fielding: Fiun Healing Machine Quest
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "This month we have decided that you should retrieve the pieces of the Fiun Healing Machine and bring the completed device to Scorus."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Return to me after you have aided him in this matter"
- Niccolo De Luca: Snow Lilies
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "This month we have decided that Lila Fiori could use some new flowers for her shop.."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Bring her some Snow Lilies and return to me for your reward."
- Seasonal Quests and Events for October:
- Asheron is back in his castle.
- Asheron tells you, "There is a darkness looming before us, both figuratively and literally."
- Asheron tells you, "The time is coming where action will be necessary."
- Asheron tells you, "We will be ready..."
- Isin Dule has moved back to Arwic.
- You have been awarded the title of "Double Agent".
- Isin Dule tells you, "Perhaps if you were a more loyal warrior, Tou-Tou would not have suffered such a devastating fate."
- Deewain removed from Tou-Tou drop, current location ??.
During the Cloak of Darkness event the town of Tou-Tou was totally incinerated.
|Stop the Rebuilding|
|Attunement Device Spring||Attunement Device Gear||Attunement Device Bolt||Attunement Crystal|
|Cloak||Quartered Cloak||Halved Cloak||Bordered Cloak|
|Chevron Cloak||Chevron Cloak (Inverted)||Trimmed Cloak|
|Contract for Death's Allure||Contract for Aerbax's Prodigal Monouga||Contract for Quest of the Month: Weekly|
|Contract for Quest of the Month: Bi-Weekly||Contract for Quest of the Month: Monthly|
|Dho Vest and Over-robe||Empyrean Over-robe (Loot)||Faran Over-robe||Suikan Over-robe|
|Gurog Arm||Gurog Leg||Gurog Torso with a Head||Gurog Torso with an Arm|
|Gurog Torso with Arms||Gurog Body with one Leg||Gurog Body||Gurog Guise|
- Poison is no longer retired, and is obtainable via the Casino.
- Volatile Rare Healing Kits now have 25 uses, up from 5, and no longer drop on death!
- Grand Casino Golden Keyring has replaced Monty's Golden Keyring, Arshid's Golden Keyring, and Gan-Zo's Golden Keyring.
- Golden Key (Casino) has replaced Monty's Golden Key, Arshid's Golden Key, and Gan-Zo's Golden Key
- Cloaked in Skill - "Increases all of the target's skills by 20."
- The Tou-Tou Terror
- Double Agent
- Duleing with the Dark
- Creature of Chaos
- Hero of the Night
Portal.dat (Ingame Icons)
Click image for full size.
- Unable to use Salvaged Leather on cloaks.
- +Turbine Noworries says, "Leather only works on tinkerable objects, cloaks aren't tinkerable."
- The apology reward keys (Monty's Golden Keyring, Arshid's Golden Keyring, and Gan-Zo's Golden Keyring) do not work on the Grand Casino Chest. This will be fixed next patch.
- Aluvian Casino vendor (Boddry the Chancy) sells instructions to Sho Casino, also the instructions sold at all three casinos do not reflect the recent changes.