Down Twisting Paths
From AC Community Wiki
March 2006 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
Town Crier Rumors
Viamontian Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "Hear ye, hear ye! King Varicci would have all of his loyal followers seek out Lieutenant Dialossa at the Royal Hall. He has a mission of utmost importance to give."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are rumors that an Alduressa armorer has emerged, and is seeking information from Bloodless smiths. These rumors should be investigated."
- Town Crier tells you, "Ah, you do not know how lucky you are, Bloodless dog, that there are agents who can move outside the law to erase any evidence of your past work for the rebels. It is not too late for you to change your allegiance in this conflict..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard that there is a Sho woman in Wai Jhou who seeks adventurers to investigate rumors of bandits in the southern Direlands."
- Town Crier tells you, "Stay away from Ulgrim's Island. The King has declared it an unfit place for those who wish to remain in his favor."
- Town Crier tells you, "There is talk that the Cells of the Black Book now contain a new and intriguing artifact, that helps shield your weapon or casting device against the spells of enemy mages..."
- Town Crier tells you, "There is someone in Sanamar who seems to be able to erase evidence of past transgressions against the King. I know you Bloodless dogs are fickle in your loyalties, so if you made the mistake of working for the rebels or Queen Elysa in the past, you would do well to visit him. Oh, and do not believe the rumors about a similar agent in Ayan Baqur who offers immunity in the other direction... I know the Royal Archives are inviolate."
- Town Crier tells you, "Do not listen to that old drunken fool Ulgrim. There is nothing on his island but ridiculous little creatures and that even more ridiculous little man."
- Town Crier tells you, "Word from the Bloodless lands is that a group of bandits in the southern Direlands is developing some fearsome new weapon. Seek out a woman named Xandra Har in Wai Jhou if you're interested."
- Town Crier tells you, "So it seems now that the Sclavus Hassha also has some access to some kind of artifact that would prevent hostile mages from casting harmful spells on your weapons... Though I believe it also keeps you from casting additional spells on your weapon, as well."
- Town Crier tells you, "The child of Count Alduressa has been reported near the keep of the Knights of Karlun. He's seeking aid in contacting the Master Armorers of the Bloodless. I wonder what he's up to?"
- Town Crier tells you, "An agent of the Crown is seeking aid in the return of a treasure, unlawfully stolen from the royal vaults. Seek out Turien di Furza, in Sanamar, for more information. Be warned, there are reports of a person in Silyun and a Bloodless in Yaraq eho also seek this treasure."
- Town Crier tells you, "Spymaster Dialossa doesn't care if you're loyal to the King or not. He'll even let Bloodless who have helped the rebels aid him -- he's that desperate for information."
Mainland Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "Hear ye, hear ye! Her Majesty seeks valorous souls to volunteer for a mission. Seek out Lieutenant Allandal at Plateau Village -- that's correct, Lieutenant Allandal, not Lord Marsan."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumor that there is a new Master Armorer on the Halaetan Isles, who is looking for information on the Shadow Armors."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear that the hatch on Ulgrim's Island remains closed. I bet that silly old man just stuck a piece of wood on the ground with a handle on it."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard tell that there are unscrupulous folk about who have some way to get rid of any evidence that people have worked for King Varicci or Queen Elysa..."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are reports that a valued treasure has been stolen from Sanamar, and many different factions are seeking it. I've heard of three different factions so far. I wonder why this treasure is so important?"
- Town Crier tells you, "That new woman in Wai Jhou is really obsessed with bandits these days. She thinks they're up to something nefarious. Well, of course they are -- they're bandits!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I was chatting with Xandra Har of Wai Jhou yesterday. She's convinced that some bandits in the southern Direlands are developing a new super-weapon. She's looking for people to retrieve it for her."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rumor has it that no one has any idea what happened to the force that Queen Elysa sent out to Fort Tethana. Not even the people in Fort Tethana, so they've started their own investigation."
- Town Crier tells you, "Word is that mysterious folk in Sanamar and Ayan Baqur have ways of erasing your past history in royal archives, so that the Grand Mother of Silyun or the Grand Knight of Sanamar won't know you once worked against them. If that's the case, who can be trusted?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I'm not the sort of person who would go into the Cells of the Black Book, but I have heard that there is a new sort of artifact available in there, which can render a weapon or casting device unenchantable..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Some people have claimed that they have seen something dark moving through the jungles of Ulgrim's Island. Could be smoke from the dormant volcano."
- Town Crier tells you, "A Master Armorer, from the famed Viamontian Alduressa family, is seeking assistance in learning more about our Shadow Armors. If you're interested in aiding this armorer, he can be found near the stronghold of the Knights of Karlun. I'm not sure I'd help him. What if he's just helping that maniac Varicci?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Agents in Sanamar, Silyun, and Yaraq are seeking a treasure stolen from the vaults of Sanamar. Though it amuses me that someone stole something from a place Varicci thought was safe, what could have been stolen that has so many different groups seeking it?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Watch out! There's an Angry Cow behind you!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Just yanking your yumi! You should have seen your face! You looked like a Mite hit you with a lightning bolt."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I know what was stolen from Varicci's vault. It was his sled from his childhood. He used to ride it down the hills of Corcosa, breaking down the walls of other kids' snowforts, ripping the hearts out of snowmen, that kind of thing."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I visited my house yesterday and I noticed something dark in the jungle on the neighboring Golem Island. I wonder what's going on over there. Generally I leave them alone and they leave me alone, but I won't hold to any Shadows moving in!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant says, "It's thirsty work, setting up shop back in the desert."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, I'm old friends with Xandra Har. I don't believe what she says about that great muckety-muck weapon, though. She's a bit of a drinker, I'm afraid."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Did you hear about the armies that went missing?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I know this will shock you, but I didn't do it."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "But I could have if I wanted to."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ah, so an Alduressa armorsmith is out and about in Dereth, eh? Good, I've been meaning to have another codpiece made."
- Bandits of the Creepy Chambers
- Loyalty Reset Quest
- Ulgrim's Hatch
- Sword of Bellenesse
- The Dark Spiral Quest
- Alduressa Shadow Armor Quest
- Water of Stasis Quest
- Attribute and Skill Redistribution
- The temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment both now have the option for players to turn in unused tokens that may have been mistakenly picked up to an NPC. They will then be able to pick up another token in its place.
- Timers split up on the attribute gems so that players can not make the mistake of picking up 18 of one type of token. Players can now only pick up 9 of thelower andraise tokens respectively. As a side effect of this change, all players will have their timers reset for changing attributes. This will not affect the timers on skill changes. Players will be able to keep all of the tokens they already have.
- The books in the temples of Enlightenment and Forgetfulness have been updated to reflect all of the recent changes to the temples.
- Bhravarn ibn Salizim
- Iian di Alduressa
- Lieutenant Allandal
- Lieutenant Dialossa
- Lieutenant Durgan
- Lucari di Bellenesse
- Turien Di Furza
- Ulgrim the Unquiet
- Xanda Har
- Cave of the Escaped Thief - 71.1N, 50.2W
- Creepy Chambers - 80.1S 60.0W
- The Dark Spiral - 16.1N 68.9W
- Inner Burial Chamber
- Ruschk Burial Mound - 91.5N, 68.8W
- Sclavus Umbral Forge - 34.1N, 50.6W
- Shadow March - 15.9N, 68.8W in the North Direlands
- Ulgrim's Bookcase - 41.9S, 16.1E in Xarabydun
- Ulgrim's Mysterious Hatch - Now accessible.
|Shadow Slayer (Live Event)|
|Alduressa Shadow Armor Quest|
|A Letter to Jibril ibn Rashid||A Letter to Alean the Steel Forger||A letter to Koga Hideki|
|Tome on the Metallurgy and Crafting of Shadow Armors||Crystal Shard Sample||Shadow Shard Sample|
|Bandits of the Creepy Chambers|
|The Bandits of the Creepy Chambers||Armoredillo Key||Spinning Staff of Death Chest||Spinning Staff of Death|
|The Dark Spiral|
|Lord Marsan's Log Book||Lore of the Dark Spiral||Tethana Manifesto||Shield of the Strathelar Elite|
|Viamontian Pennant of Loyalty|
|The Sword of Bellenesse||Replica Sword of Bellenesse||Shield of Sanamar||Shield of Silyun|
|Loyalty Reset Quest|
|Inner Burial Chamber Portal Sending Gem||Aste Soul Renderer's Key||Essa Soul Renderer's Key||Aste Soul Renderer's Chest|
|Essa Soul Renderer's Chest||Umbral Crucible||Umbral Crucible Base||Umbral Crucible Top|
|Ruschk Funerary Fetish|
|Black Ball||Black Ball in a Stein||Rare Pink Pack Idol||Rare Red Pack Idol|
|Water of Stasis Quest|
|Water of Stasis||Font of Stasis|
Click image for full size.