Related topics: Combat, Skills, Finesse Weapons, Light Weapons, Heavy Weapons
- Characters with a weapon equipped in their shield slot will enter the dual wield state with a different stance and animations.
- Your character will launch alternating attacks, first right then left, with the equipped weapons.
- The power bar fills between each attack. As an example, you'd see right attack, power bar, left attack, power bar, right attack, etc.
- Weapon animations for Dual Wield are 20% faster than other one handed styles.
- When wielding two weapons your attack bar fills up 20% faster.
- To hit check for off hand attacks use the lower of Dual Wield skill and the attack skill of required by the weapon.
- Your character will benefit from spells on both weapons provided they do not overlap.
- Attack mods for all attacks are determined by checking the main hand and the off hand and using the highest.
- Defense mods are determined by checking the main hand and the off hand and using the highest.
- Because you swing faster you have more chances to proc various effects.
- Characters starting with Dual Wield will find two of each of their training weapons for which they trained a Melee Skill
- The effectiveness of the off-hand Rend/Vuln level is determined by your Dual Wield skill. For ex. if you are max heavy weapons and your DW skill is 220. your off hand heavy rended weapon will only rend the equivalent of Vuln II.
- During the Spring 2014 patch the following changes were made;
| Magic Skills
||Arcane Lore, Creature Enchantment, Item Enchantment, Life Magic, Mana Conversion, Void Magic, War Magic
| Combat Skills
||Finesse Weapons, Heavy Weapons, Light Weapons, Missile Weapons, Two Handed Combat
| Secondary Combat Skills
||Dual Wield, Dirty Fighting, Recklessness, Sneak Attack, Summoning
| Defense Skills
||Magic Defense, Melee Defense, Missile Defense, Shield
| Crafting Skills
||Alchemy, Armor Tinkering, Cooking, Fletching, Item Tinkering, Lockpick, Magic Item Tinkering, Salvaging, Weapon Tinkering
| Miscellaneous Skills
||Assess Creature, Assess Person, Deception, Healing, Leadership, Loyalty, Jump, Run
| Retired Skills
Appraise Armor, Appraise Item, Appraise Magic Item, Appraise Weapon, Axe, Bow, Crossbow, Dagger, Gearcraft, Mace, Spear, Staff, Sword, Thrown Weapons, Unarmed Combat