Gears of Change
October 2009 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Patch Size: 4,504k (Client: 3,591k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Augmentation gems. I'll never be able to use one of those at my level. I can only imagine the power that must flow through an adventurers as that wave of color washes over them when they learn a new augmentation and there are many more to learn now."
- Town Crier tells you, "First my cousin tells me that there are strange mechanical creatures. Now he's telling me you can make all sorts of devices with some form of crafting they brought with them. I'm not sure how much of this I can really believe."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you gone to see Sean the Speedy yet to hear about the next set of Explorers' Society map markers to find?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've always wanted to see a scarab come to life and fly away and now I have."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors of an army of mechanical men are marching through the Direlands!"
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems like the Woron Family is happily reunited, thanks to the intrepid adventurers who answered their calls for help."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Rand the Hunter has updated his creature bounties. Find him in Holtburg to see what he's marked this time."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are strange reports from adventurers who have been exploring the Eastern shore of the Inner Sea."
- Town Crier tells you, "Woosh! Woosh! That sound is all I seem to hear any more. All these large weapons being flailed around, it seems dangerous to me."
- Town Crier tells you, "All you map hounds are encouraged to see Sean the Speedy in Holtburg. Word is he's got a thing for, ahem, dangerous places this month."
- Town Crier tells you, "It also seems that Sean the Speedy has finally finished his rounds of hiding markers, and has a special reward for those who find all of them."
- Town Crier tells you, "Formerly undesirable materials now seem to be in demand by crafters. If I can remember right those materials are Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Amber, Pyreal and ... err... right! Gromnie Hide."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have been keeping track of a lot of new information, there's so much going on. I don't have everything set yet but I know of Augmentation trainers in Cragstone, Ayan Baqur and Hebian-to, there are more I know but not their locations."
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear that Ries Woron enjoys telling the tale of the Unknown Warrior. If you'd like to hear a story told with so much detail you feel you are actually there, you should seek him out above the tavern in Baishi."
- Town Crier tells you, "If you have heard tell of "Gearcrafting" it seems it may be true. I saw someone running around with some kind of magnifying glass that seemed to help him kill creatures."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin told me he saw an army of mechanical men digging for something in the northern Direlands. I wonder what they're looking for."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rand the Hunter has marked a new set of creatures for bounties. This time I hear he's in a mechanical mood. Find him in Holtburg if you feel up to the task."
- Town Crier tells you, "Oh just like everyone else, my advice is only good enough for a paltry amount of pyreals! Well thank you, Mr. Pyrealbags this'll go a long way toward providing for my family. I'm sure that an egg will feed me, my three kids and my spouse... you have no idea!
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "See! See what the Virindi have brought on us now?!? First Applesause, now killer robots!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So I hear there is no trouble involving Ries Woron lately, who would of guessed after months of nothing but whining. Oh I've been hurt, oh my wife is missing, almost as bad as listening to my ex-wife."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You don't think I ended up here on accident do you? I saw a portal and figured whatever was on the other side was better then what was at home."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Heh, I think Rand the Hunter is trying to send us a message with this month's bounties. And that message is that Nurino may not be as crazy as I recently thought he is. Either that, or someone's been passing some really good Stout around."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I found this great pack lately. It holds even more Stout than the Colosseum Packs. Great for exploring without getting too thirsty."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So I went to Baishi to have a drink and there is none other than Ries Woron. He starts rambling on and on about the Unknown Warrior and the adventures in their hideout. Luckily I could drink faster than he could talk and he left me alone, or I passed out, I don't really remember."
New UI and Game Changes
- All accounts upgraded to Throne of Destiny status.
- New equipment item called the Trinket introduced.
- You can now track quests using the new Quest Journal.
- User Interface
- Bug Fixes
- Workaround implemented that fixes chat fail to enter on login errors.
- New Two Handed weapons added to the loot system.
- New Skills:
- Updated Skills:
- Assess Creature - Formula changed from (Focus + Self) / 2 to no formula. Gained new abilities via Gearcrafting.
- Assess Person - Formula changed from (Focus + Self) / 2 to no formula.
- Deception - Formula changed from (Focus + Self) / 4 to no formula. Gained new abilities via Gearcrafting.
- Leadership - Gained new abilities via Gearcrafting.
- Loyalty - Gained new abilities via Gearcrafting.
- XP Passup
- Quest XP now passes up from Vassals to Patrons to Monarchs.
- Iron Blade Commander
- Aetherium Ore Collection
- Mana Siphon Destruction
- Gearknight Lesser Lords
- Gold Gear Trooper Kill Task
- Silver Scope Trooper Kill Task
- Copper Cog Trooper Kill Task
- Iron Blade Trooper Kill Task
- Bronze Gauntlet Trooper Kill Task
- Gear Knight Champions
- Special live event honoring Same T'ing of Harvestgain - see 10/27/09 - Honor of Same T'ing.
- Special live events are scheduled for all day Monday, Nov. 2nd. Post details at 11/02/09 - Asheron's Call 10th Anniversary Events.
- Grael's Summoning Chamber and Tracking Grael (Red Rune Weapons)
- Mana Forges - Timer removed from token turn-ins (previously 2 weeks per token). For example the tokens from the Lord Mhoire Quest.
- Attribute and Skill Redistribution - Two Handed Combat Warden of Enlightenment statue added to Temple of Enlightenment and all gem timers reset.
- The Temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment have had the timer for their use reset for the 10th Anniversary.
- Thugs Part IV - Talk to Ries Woron to be portaled into the Thug Hideout. The portal at 65.8S 77.2E to the Thug Hideout is gone.
- The key to the second locked door is in a locked chest.
- Kill all the thugs to trigger the brick wall to open.
- The walkways by The Unknown Warrior platform remain open after attacking and killing him.
- Dereth Exploration - 10 new Markers were added.
- Monthly Game Hunter - New kill tasks.
- Lord Mhoire Quest - Emblem turnin timer removed.
- Lady Mhoire Quest - Emblem turnin timer removed.
- Quests updated with Two Handed Weapons:
- Akemi Fei - 38.9S 83.3E in Hebian-To, second floor of the mage shop
- Al-Shashqa - 12.3S 75.0W
- Alex Brummel - 24.9N 48.5E in Cragstone windmill
- Alishia bint Aldan - 60.0S 87.8W in Ayan Baqur
- Anfram Mellow - 60.0S 87.8W in Ayan Baqur
- Arcanum Salvage Vendor - 41.8S, 15.8E in Xarabydun (surface)
- Ayala bint'Shashqa - 35.2N, 39.3E inside the Pet Shop near the Obsidian Span
- Ayesha bint'Shashqa - 41.8S, 15.8E in Xarabydun (surface)
- Carlito Gallo - 87.4N 70.5W in Silyun
- Dame Alistra - 33.4S, 6.3E
- Dame Trielle - 12.3S 75.0W
- Emily Yarow - 24.9N 48.5E in Cragstone windmill
- Gan Fo - 38.9S 83.3E in Hebian-To, second floor of the mage shop
- Gustuv Lansdown - 24.9N 48.5E in Cragstone windmill
- Jin Ato - 33.4S, 63.3E
- Kilaf - 13.7N, 0.7E in Zaikhal
- Lieutenant Faen - 33.4S, 6.3E (Silver Scope Trooper Kill Task)
- Lieutenant Grenlin - 33.4S, 6.3E (Bronze Gauntlet Trooper Kill Task
- Lieutenant Micham - 33.4S, 6.3E (Iron Blade Trooper Kill Task)
- Lieutenant Zin - 33.4S, 6.3E (Copper Cog Trooper Kill Task)
- Missive - 33.4S, 63.3E (sells Refining Polish (Mana) and Refining Polish (Stamina) used in gearcrafting)
- Neela Nashua - Bandit Castle
- Rahina bint Zalanis - 13.7N 0.7E in Zaikhal top of building (+10 Magic Aug 2 bill)
- Raphel Detante - 87.4N 70.5W in Silyun
- Rossu Morta Quartermaster - Inside Rossu Morta Chapterhouse
- Sir Stavitor - 33.4S, 6.3E (Gold Gear Trooper Kill Task)
- Sir Yanov - 12.3S 74.9W (Gear Knight Kill Task)
- T'ing Douzen - 12.3S 75.0W (Aetherium Ore Collection)
- Whispering Blade Quartermaster - Inside Whispering Blade Chapterhouse
- Inner Sea Gear Knight Invasion Area - A new outdoor hunting and questing are for level 30-60 characters.
- Direlands Gear Knight Invasion Area - a new outdoor hunting and questing are for level 150+ characters.
- 12.3S 75.0W - Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp
- The Night Club opened on Nov. 6th (?). Night Club Attendants can be found in Cragstone, Hebian-To, Zaikhal and Sanamar near the statues. A new edition of the Night Club Shirt is available.
You are eligible for the 10th anniversary pet!
Make sure that you have free space in your pack. Go to Ayala bint'Shashqa, the Arcanum Tinkerer, in the Pet Shop near the Obsidian Span at 35.2N, 39.3E.
|Bronze Gearknight Gear|
|10th Anniversary Night Club|
|10th Anniversary Night Club Ticket||Night Club Shirt (2009)|
|Explorer's Backpack||Explorer's Backpack Token|
|Glyph of Gearcrafting|
|Gearcrafting: Virindi Essence|
|Virindi Servant Essence||Virindi Master Essence||Virindi Councillor Essence||Virindi Inquisitor Essence|
|Virindi Consul Essence|
|Bronze Horn of Leadership||Silver Horn of Leadership||Gold Horn of Leadership||Pyreal Horn of Leadership|
|Platinum Horn of Leadership|
|Poor Lense||Well Crafted Lense||Finely Crafted Lense||Exquisite Lense|
|Magnificent Lense||Nearly Flawless Lense||Flawless Lense||Utterly Flawless Lense|
|Direlands Gear Knight Invasion Area|
|Aetherium Ore||Aetherium Power Core||Large Aetherium Power Core||Mana Siphon|
|Unstable Mana Stone|
|Inner Sea Gear Knight Invasion Area|
|Depleted Aetherium Ore||Gear Knight Core Fragment||Gold Aetherium Core Fragment||Large Aetherium Power Core|
|Large Gold Aetherium Core Fragment|
|Salvaged Amber||Salvaged Diamond||Salvaged Gromnie Hide|
|Salvaged Pyreal||Salvaged Ruby||Salvaged Sapphire|
|Two Handed Weapons: Loot Weapons|
|Khanda-handled Mace||Great Star Mace||Quadrelle||Tetsubo|
|Attribute and Skill Redistribution Update|
|Gearcrafting Gem of Forgetfulness||Two Handed Combat Gem of Forgetfulness||Two Handed Combat Gem of Enlightenment|
|Training Academy Quest Update|
|Infused War Magic||You no longer need any Foci or component to cast War Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.||2 billion||No||Raphel Detante||Silyun|
|Infused Life Magic||You no longer need any Foci or component to cast Life Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.||2 billion||No||Akemi Fei||Hebian-to|
|Infused Item Magic||You no longer need any Foci or component to cast Item Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.||2 billion||No||Gan Fo||Hebian-To|
|Infused Creature Magic||You no longer need any Foci or component to cast Creature Magic spells, though you still require scarabs and tapers.||2 billion||No||Gustuv Lansdown||Cragstone|
|Master of the Steel Circle||Your effective melee skill when using any melee weapon is increased by +10.||2 billion||No||Carlito Gallo||Silyun|
|Master of the Four Fold Path||Your effective magic skill when casting any spell is increased by +10.||2 billion||No||Rahina bint Zalanis||Zaikhal|
|Master of the Focused Eye||Your effective missile skill when using any missile weapon is increased by +10.||2 billion||No||Kilaf||Zaikhal|
|Frenzy of the Slayer||Damage rating of 3 which increases all damage you do with any attack||2 billion||No||Neela Nashua||Bandit Castle|
|Eye of the Remorseless||1% increased chance of a critical hit||4 billion||No||Anfram Mellow||Ayan Baqur|
|Hand of the Remorseless||3% increased damage for a critical hit||4 billion||No||Alishia bint Aldan||Ayan Baqur|
|Iron Skin of the Invincible||Damage reduction rating of 3 which reduces all damage you take||2 billion||No||Emily Yarow||Cragstone|
|Tristra's Essence||Specialize the Gearcraft skill||1 billion||No||Alex Brummel||Cragstone|
- Bronze Gauntlet Guardian
- Bronze Gauntlet Heavy Scout
- Bronze Gauntlet Lesser Lord
- Bronze Gauntlet Trooper
- Copper Cog Guardian
- Copper Cog Heavy Scout
- Copper Cog Lesser Lord
- Copper Cog Trooper
- Gearall the Shield
- Gold Gear Guardian
- Gold Gear Heavy Scout
- Gold Gear Lesser Lord
- Gold Gear Trooper
- Invading Copper Cog Phalanx
- Invading Copper Cog Squire
- Invading Copper Cog Knight
- Invading Iron Blade Commander
- Invading Iron Blade Phalanx
- Invading Iron Blade Squire
- Invading Iron Blade Knight
- Invading Silver Scope Phalanx
- Invading Silver Scope Squire
- Invading Silver Scope Knight
- Invading Bronze Gauntlet Phalanx
- Invading Bronze Gauntlet Squire
- Invading Bronze Gauntlet Knight
- Iron Blade Guardian
- Iron Blade Heavy Scout
- Iron Blade Lesser Lord
- Iron Blade Trooper
- Turgos the Hunter
- Silver Scope Guardian
- Silver Scope Heavy Scout
- Silver Scope Trooper
- Silver Scope Lesser Lord
- Warmaster Lurgiss
- Bronze Gauntlet Guardian
Click image for full size.
- All trinkets, even the Pathwarden Trinket, now display the special property of Critical Strike.
- Torches now have the icon of Cut Blue Gems.
- All the Medals of Vigor say in their description that they raise endurance, however they only raise stamina. So either it is a typo in their spell description or they affect the wrong attribute.
- The royal and princely weapons cannot be turned in for xp as they should. "Bhravarn ibn Salizim doesn't know what to do with that."
- On Nov 11th, many of the issues below were addressed with a hotfix. See here for details.
- Per Frelorn:
- Two Handed Mastery 7 Self and Other have the same name.
- Gearcrafting Mastery 7 Other doesn't have a unique name.
- Noble Armors do not have Two Handed Mastery spells on them.
- There's no statue in the Tusker King (Bobo) quest for Two Handed or Gearcraft
- Great BloodScorch is currently bugged, requiring Sword Skill instead of Two Handed Skill. It will be fixed next patch.
- The cleave effect of Two Handed Weapons can hit monsters that are far below the player. This will be fixed next month. Read more about the bug here
- Unable to apply Salvaged Leather to trinkets (they can be salvaged though).
- After applying pyreal to a Major Gearcrafting Armature, the description says: "... to add Major TBD." This should show the correct spell name.
- You cannot apply ivory to the deadly hollow 2h spear or phantom 2h spear, though they both say "Ivoryable."
- Two Handed Weapons are targeting some non creature items such as otlhoi doors on their second bonus attack.
- There have been unintentional side effects from the changes to the formulas of Assess Creature, Assess Person, and Deception. By default, all non-Aluvians have 0 Assess Person, and all players have 0 Assess Creature and Deception. This has made assessing creatures and people impossible unless you buff or train the appropriate skill. Read more about the bug here
- Some people have augmentations they did not purchase showing up in the panel listing their augmentations. It isn't known when they appeared.
- Damage trinkets do not stack with damage augmentations but should and this will hopefully be fixed next patch.
- The Epic Gear Craft Aptitude spell is incorrectly named "Epic Sword Aptitude", and is in the same spell group as Epic Two Handed Combat Aptitude.
- Finely Crafted Lense - In game name is a typo, "Finly Crafted Lense."
- Gustuv Lansdown tells you, "hen you use this gem, ..." - should be "When"
- Dame Alistra tells you, "...It is my chare to disrupt..." - should be "charge"
- Salvaged Amber (and all other new salvages) - "This Armeture [sic] can then be used..." - should be "Armature"
- Most of the gearcrafting items do not indicate they cannot be sold in their descriptions even though they can't be sold.
- All of the interactions of smelting pot of metal with sheet metal forms, medal molds, and handle molds gives "You poor the Platinum into the Sheet Mold." - should be "pour" not "poor."