Ithaenc Quiddity Seed Quest
|Walk Through ___ Maps ___ Items ___ XP ___ Titles ___ Images ___ Lore & Dialog ___ Notes|
To begin this quest, you must first have spoken with Asheron located in his sanctum. Since the introduction of this quest, Asheron has been replaced by an Emissary of Asheron located in the base of Asheron's Tower.
- OPTIONAL After you are flagged, head to Aun Aemaua located at 1.6N, 71.7W in Fort Teth. He will tell you to go to the Ithaenc Seed at Ithaenc Cathedral.
- The Ithaenc Quiddity Seed is located at rear of Ithaenc Cathedral. Use the Recall to Sanctuary, and head up the stairs to the read balcony.
- The drop is safe. Head down and speak with Shade of Dule.
- The dungeon is small, but full of deadly Virindi called Dream Marauders. At the end you will find the Thief of Dreams, a virindi boss that drops Avoren's Skull. Only one skull is needed per fellowship. Grab the skull and return it to Shade of Dule.
- Dule will summon a portal to the next dungeon. He will summon more portals if spoken too again, should anyone die or get lost.
- Inside the dungeon are powerful shadows and grievvers on a very fast respawn. It is best not to try to fight your way through. From the drop, head east down a ramp and continue east until you get to a locked olthoi style door. Wait there until the door is opened, and then go through and kill until it closes again. To open the door, one person should run east from the drop down the ramp, take a left (heading north), and press the button on the wall of the second room, then continue on to meet up with the rest of the group at the locked door. The button is a bit finnicky and may not open the door on the first press, so return and try again if the door remains closed. Once opened, the door stays open for a minute or two. Once everyone is through the door, mages can begin to vuln creatures in the pit below. This pit is the final room and location of the Shade of Bael'Zharon.
- When the group is ready, jump down in the pit. Melees are best to clear the grievvers while mages take out the Black breaths. The Shade of Bael'Zharon is a large creature, and wall and volley/blast spells are highly effective. Note that it's creature type is "Hopeslayer" so shadow slayer weapons and wands will not increase damage.
- When the Shade of Bael'Zharon is dead, everyone should loot the Claw of the Hopeslayer. He drops 10 claws, so you may have to kill again if your group is larger. He respawns in approx 5 - 10 minutes.
- Return the claw to Aun Aemaua for your rewards. Give the Quiddity Ingot back tot Aun Aemaua for the MMD reward. If you do not want the Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Light you can give them to the Emissary of Asheron for an additional xp reward.
- Note: The quiddity ingot was originally used to get to Aerbax, but was later changed to not serve any purpose.
|Ithaenc Quiddity Seed||82.7S, 93.4E||--||--||--||--|
|Avoren's Skull||Claw of the Hopeslayer|
|Braced Mana Forge Key||Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Light||Quiddity Ingot (Ithaenc)|
|Task Required||First Run Max Experience||Percentage & Level Cap||Repeated Run Max XP||Repeated Run Percentage & Level Cap|
|Give the Claw of the Hopeslayer to Aun Aemaua||129,932,574xp||
40% up to level 150
|64,966,287xp||20% up to level 150|
|Turn the Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Light into the Emissary of Asheron||16,241,571xp||
5% up to level 150
|16,241,571xp||5% up to level 150|
|See Level Costs for per level information.|
|Task Required||Title Reward|
|Give the Claw of the Hopeslayer to Aun Aemaua||Hope of the Past|
|See Titles for a list of all available titles.|
Click image for full size version.
Lore & Dialog
Aun Aemaua tells you, "Aha! Another worthy adventurer. You have spoken with Lord Asheron about the threats to the realm, have you? Excellent. I would have you seek out the Quiddity Seed that materialized in Ithaenc Cathedral down in the Vesayen Isles. It is a gateway to a strange realm, both of this world and not... A realm in which memories and dreams acquire tangible form... Aerbax wishes to destroy the realm's memories of the defeat of Bael'Zharon! Such a thing is not to be borne! You must take a group and journey into the Quiddity Seed, the device by which Aerbax manipulates our collective memories, and defeat his designs!"
The Quiddity Seed thrums in response to your touch, and a surge of portal energy washes over you, ushering you into a strange, half-real dream realm...
Shade of Dule tells you, "Human! You can help end my bizarre imprisonment here by that unjumped bag of air Aerbax. Some half-formed shade of the Hopeslayer himself awaits in the chambers below! An agent of Aerbax, a creature known as the Thief of Dreams, has taken the skull of Avoren Palacost, and seeks to destroy humanity's accomplishment in defeating Bael'Zharon! You must act quickly, and stop the Thief of Dreams from coming through here with the skull! Take the skull from him and bring it to me, and I shall open the way for you and your comrades to assault the shade of the Hopeslayer..."
Shade of Dule tells you, "Yes... you have the skull of little Avoren Palacost. Such a sweet-natured boy he was, the light of his father's life. What lengths we go to, for the sake of our offspring. But I suppose I would not know. Hand me the skull and I can help you find the Hopeslayer's lair, and hopefully you will be able to interrupt the schemes of this Aerbax upstart and free me from this ungracious prison."
You give Shade of Dule Avoren's Skull.
Shade of Dule says, "Well done! The skull of poor young Avoren. Ilservian's rage was so great... But this sentimentality serves no one, does it? I am now one step closer to freedom from this prison realm that Aerbax constructed. The Hopeslayer of this dream realm will never recover this skull, and will thus remain vulnerable... But you all have more work to do. You must defeat this shade of my former master. I believe your agent of Asheron waiting in the "real" world seeks some trophy of the encounter... A claw will do, and there ought to be enough claws on that beast to supply all of you..."
You give Aun Aemaua Claw of the Hopeslayer.
You've earned 129,932,574 experience. (level 180)
Aun Aemaua tells you, "Well done! What an exceedingly strange artifact! A claw of Bael'Zharon retrieved from the dream realm of the Quiddity Seed... You have done a great thing, by helping foil Aerbax's plans to destroy our memories of the triumph against Bael'Zharon. You certainly deserve your reward..."
Aun Aemaua has granted you the title "Hope of the Past".
Aun Aemaua gives you Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Light.
Aun Aemaua tells you, "And there is this curious artifact, some kind of mysterious ingot that seems to be a remnant of the Hopeslayer's energy from that strange dream realm... Perhaps you should hold on to it. It may be useful later."
Aun Aemaua gives you Quiddity Ingot.
Aun Aemaua tells you, "If you had a group of friends who helped you defeat the shade of Bael'Zharon, they will have to give me the claws they collected individually."
You allow Emissary of Asheron to examine your Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Light.
Emissary of Asheron tells you, "Perhaps you would rather have some experience in exchange for this?"
Emissary of Asheron tells you, "Very well."
You hand over 1 of your Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Lights.
You've earned 16,241,571 experience.