Keep Your Enemies Closer
From AC Community Wiki
September 2001 - Announcements Page
An Open Letter to the Players
An Open Letter to the Players 2
Letter to the Players
Lore Article on Housing
New Map of Dereth
Town Crier Rumors
- Diyas al-Yat tells you, "I've been told the Virindi have a new set of outposts in the southern mountain area. So it seems they are beginning to move into Osteth..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Take cover! It's another roving Virindi death squad!"
- Town Crier tells you, "What in the heck is a Diamond Lord? My cousin complained about being lit up most horribly by something called a Diamond Lord."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hey, the seasons are turning again! You can tell, among other things, by the thickness of the coats that trappers are taking off Ursuins."
- Town Crier tells you, "Did you get yourself a banner? I'm kind of partial to those stylish Falcon banners, myself."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The tide of the seasons has turned into fall, as evidenced by the coats and shells of local fauna."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Between their surprise raids on small groups of humans and their recent military push with their Tumerok allies to attack our three capital cities, the Virindi are a bigger menace than ever!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The intrepid explorer, Ardry the Dubious, has unearthed new Virindi installations in the Osteth desert, where they seem to be creating minions that look very much like humans!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Travelers report seeing groups of Diamond Golems with some sort of "Diamond Lord" leading them! Are golems developing some kind of hierarchy? Woe to us if they start to get organized!"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Creatures of Dereth seem to have changed their habitation patterns! Who knows what they'll do next?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Mages in Dereth report being able to more accurately judge when their spells will wear off! Huzzah!"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the mage told me he was attacked by a human in purple armor with one of those Quiddity weapons. What's going on now?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Land sakes! Looks like the crazy creatures of Dereth have gone and shifted their migration patterns again!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Diamond Lords! That's all people are asking me about these days! Who cares about the Diamond Lord? I'm the Beer Lord! Arrr!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Arrr, looks like the critters of Dereth have gone and moved their nests around again. Well, good for them. Me, I like my spot here by the wall. Makes me feel rooted in the community."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Yarrr, look at me, I have no head! Oh, wait, I'm not wearing that thing... Well, heck, where did I put it? So easy to misplace..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Candeth Martine came through here the other day. He said he'd teach me the secrets of his magic in exchange for my Virindi-repulsion techniques. I slapped him on the back of his glowing head and sent him packing."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I hear tell that Aliester the Loquacious is retiring. Well, good riddance to him, the wordy prat. Only man who ever beat me in a drinking contest... Wait, you didn't hear me say that."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Yeah, I think it's about time I opened up that other island... Be respectful when you get there, though. It's my island."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm a learned sage! I shouldn't have to put up with this shabby treatment! Get me another stout, kid!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know why the Obsidian Plains aren't so dense with critters any more? They heard about how righteously I regulated the Virindi, and now they're quaking in terror for miles around."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Those mansions I've seen are pretty nice, but nowhere near as nice as the fortress I built for myself on Asherons Island."
New UI and Game Changes
- Creature Spawns
- The outdoor creature spawns have been redistributed. You can view a map displaying the changes here.
- User Interface
- The right panel can now stretch to adjust for higher screen resolutions.
- A spell duration countdown timer has been added to the active spells list.
- The Compass can now display the player's coordinates.
- Players can now have a full-sized chat box without using a right panel.
- Players can elect to have their sounds turn off when they alt-tab away from the client.
- Tibri the Cavedweller - No longer keeps her spear when handed it.
- Northern Infiltrator Keep - 15.4N 5.0E, northeast of Zaikhal
- Southern Infiltrator Keep - 52.3S 24.9E, south of Khayyaban
- The Asteliary - 10.2S, 17.5E, southwest of Samsur
- The first 1,000 houses added to the world in preparation for the upcoming expansion Dark Majesty.
- 800 Cottages (unnamed settlements) added. See The Gathering Storm page for the list of cottage settlements after they have been named and received portals.
- 170 Villas (unnamed settlements) added.
- 30 Mansions added:
- Artifex South Mansion - 19.9N, 41.3W
- Baishi North Mansion - 41.5S, 65.5E near Baishi
- Banderling Conquest Mansion - 33.4S, 49.8E near Sawato
- Danby's Outpost Mansion - 23.0N, 32.8W near Danby's Outpost
- Desert March Mansion - 10.4N, 5.7W near Zaikhal
- Desert Path Mansion - 16.9S, 26.3E
- Empyrean Shrine Mansion - 84.0N, 35.1W near the Beach Fort
- Forking Trail Mansion - 66.4S, 18.6E
- Frostfell Festival Stone Mansion - 62.3N, 28.8W near Stonehold
- Hilltop Mansion - 14.2N, 41.5E near Rithwic
- Isle of Tears Mansion - 25.6N, 54.3E near Cragstone
- Kara Mansion - 84.7S, 45.0E near Kara
- Mayoi Mansion - 66.1S, 80.8E
- Nanto North Mansion - 47.1S, 79.3E near Nanto
- Obsidian Plains Mansion - 71.2S, 56.1W
- Point Tremblant Mansion - 97.0N, 4.1E
- Power Plant Mansion - 27.3N, 11.9E near Glenden Wood
- Roadside Mansion - 63.1S, 21.6E near Qalaba'r
- Saadia's Retreat Mansion - 50.3S, 76.8E near Lin
- Samsur Crater Mansion - 0.6S, 24.9E
- Seaside Mansion - 33.8N, 69.0E near Arwic
- Tou-Tou Estate - 36.2S, 89.0E near Tou-Tou
- Two Pillars Mansion - 27.4N, 33.5E
- Two Sand Bars Mansion - 83.0S, 59.9E
- Underground Forest Mansion - 27.9N, 21.0E near Glenden Wood
- Virindi Complex Mansion - 72.9N, 32.7E
- Witshire Mansion - 28.6N, 39.8E near Cragstone
- Yanshi Mansion - 12.7S, 52.0E near Yanshi
- Yaraq Mansion - 23.2S, 4.0E near Yaraq
- Zaikhal Mansion - 15.0N, 8.7E near Zaikhal
- Lone Cottages/Villas:
|Basalt Blade||Crystal Sword||Dark Sorcerer's Phylactery||Diamond Shield|
|Energy Crown||Gauntlets of Marksmanship||Heavy Ursuin Coat||Obsidian Axe|
|Osseous Mace||Serpent's Fang||Scroll of Dark Rain||Soul Staff|
|Robe of the Tundra|
|Translated Northern Infiltrator Note||Translated Southern Infiltrator Note||Translated Asteliary Crafter's Note||Simulacra Rumor|
|Northern Infiltrator Message Shard||Southern Infiltrator Message Shard||Asteliary Crafter's Message Shard|
Click image for full size.