Learning From Experience
From AC Community Wiki
January 2011 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Patch Size: 4,576k (Client: 702k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors of an Olthoi Hunter that has moved onto Olthoi Island."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard many adventurers speaking of how their questing experiences have been far more rewarding, and in some cases, even illuminating."
- Town Crier tells you, "A small group has moved up near the Gurog, and is seeking help from adventurers."
- Town Crier tells you, "Two Hunters and an Archmage from the Arcanum have moved up to the area held by the Gurog, and are rewarding adventurers for assistance with their tasks in the area."
- Town Crier tells you, "Questing in general is now rewarding greater experiences than it used to. Several quests have also begun to strengthen an adventurers Luminance."
- Town Crier tells you, "An Olthoi Hunter has begun to help the small town on the west end of Olthoi Island, and is rewarding people for killing those smart Olthoi."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've been seeing more of those mutated creatures out in the icy hills lately. I doubt that could be a good thing but I also doubt that I care, they don't scare me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Some strange fella started collecting glands from those new olthoi that have been roaming around. I don't know why someone would want those filthy things. They smell worse than month old stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I found 13 gifts last month, how many did you find?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Only one stout? It takes more then that to have an effect on me these days. Wonder if that means I have a problem..... nah probably not."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Seems folks are desperate for some adventurers to help them out with their problems. I've seen people rewarding two and four times what they used to. I'd still rather just get drunk all day then help some sniviling weak townsperson."
- Gear Crossbow Quest - One of the Walls of Ice was changed to a Frozen Stone Wall and vice versa in the Frozen Cave. In the map, the frozen stone wall at the very top right hand side is now a wall of ice. This means there is a route to reach the end of the dungeon with simple physical attacks but it is much longer than before.
- Monthly Explorer Society Quests
- WARNING: These quests are standalone quests, the xp bonuses are strictly handled by the NPCs in Kara, speak to them after finishing to get your bonus. Also your timer for the bonuses depend on when you completed last month's set of quests, speak to each NPC to find out if your timer hasn't expired yet. More details here.
- Quests for January :
- Most quests had their xp rewards improved this patch, see the complete list here (in progress):
- Many Trophies were also updated, see the complte list here (in progress):
- Luminance rewards added to the following quests:
- Archmage Ichihiri - 83.8N 4.3W
- Hunter - 83.8N 4.3W
- Mayor Trenlach - 69.5N 80.6E (Olthoi Island)
- Kaneth al-Evv - 69.5N 80.6E (Olthoi Island)
- Level 265 Bloodstone spawn in the ice area.
- Many of the broken portals and their bunkers have been removed.
|Snow Tusker Kill Task|
|Snow Tusker Blood Sample|
|Kaneth al-Evv (Alt. Currency)|
|Mutated Olthoi Gland||Olthoi Token of the Key||Olthoi Token of Luminance||Olthoi Token of the Experience|
No new titles this month.
No new icons this month.
Click image for full size.
- Kaneth al-Evv Live.png
- Snow Tusker Leader kill message claims to require 20 kills, not 10. NPC still rewards after 10. NPC will not reward if you reach 20 kills.
- Mayor Trenlach tells you, "If you give me one of his tokens as proof of your assitsance, I'll be glad to reward you."