On Bended Knee
November 2004 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
- A narrated synopsis of the Burun story arc as told by Antius Blackmoor.
Town Crier Rumors
- You give Town Crier 10 Pyreals.
- Town Crier gives you Violet Ball.
- Town Crier tells you, "What's this? You say it's the answer to the riddle, "The answer starts after you...?" After you? Why, after "u" comes "v," the first letter of violet! That's it!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Pack dolls! I got a little Bael'Zharon dollie. What did you get?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Whither Nuhmudira? People in high places want to know."
- Town Crier tells you, "My friend, who's a wonderful cook, whipped up a batch of field rations for me. A wonderful mix of meaty, nutty, fruity, cinnamony goodness!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Hear ye, hear ye! High Queen Elysa is sending out a search party to discover Nuhmudira's whereabouts. All who are interested in participating in this search should report to the Arwic tavern for details."
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard the Council of Sages wanted to make a Pack Elysa and a Pack Borelean, but the High Queen said no. I guess they couldn't come to a good licensing agreement!"
- Town Crier tells you, "By the Black Breath, have you tried the new elaborate mana rations? Their heavenly taste is out of this world! They beat out apple candy by a long shot, in my humble opinion. And they're good for you, too!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Goodness! I never thought I'd have a little Olthoi Queen to call my own. She'll look sharp in my apartment!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard a secret, but it'll cost you more than that."
- Town Crier tells you, "A wee young girl recently breathed a soft whisper in my ear of a new island discovered to the east. Now, how could such a slip of a thing have come by such intriguing information? And further, how did I become the purveyor of every rumor and tale bandied about by the merest inhabitants of our fair land, content to be reimbursed only by the occasional paltry coin and tarnished treasure? How indeed? Alas! The psychological perambulations of my vocational existence slow the imagination, my friend."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard the farmers tell of terrible portents in our land. Cows refuse to give milk, and the butter never churns. Yeasted breads fail to rise, and the apple cider from our harvests has turned to vinegar. I hear our doom coming, I tell you. Doom."
- Town Crier tells you, "We haven't heard from Nuhmudira in quite some time. I wonder what she can be up to?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I love the fall season. The smell of pumpkin pie and spiced apple cider waft from the taverns, and the trees adorn themselves with their autumnal shades. The air turns to the slightest bit of chill, and a young man's fancies turn to thoughts of... ahem. Where was I? Ah yes, I love the fall!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Attention! High Queen Elysa needs your help on a mission of grave importance. Her representative is waiting at the Arwic tavern to brief willing adventurers."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hey! Did you get a Pack Levistras? My cousin got one and he says it's his favorite, but I really like my buddy's Pack Gaerlan, too!"
- Town Crier tells you, "The winds are changing, and I've got a shiver going up my spine. My gut tells me that the Burun shall strike again in even greater numbers and strength. But when? When?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I just made me a bag of nummy health rations. Delicious!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Shorry, can't talk now. Mowph's full! Rashonsh!"
- Town Crier tells you, "An adventurer told me about a puzzle with a bunch of marbles and mislabeled bags. I wonder if that's where all my marbles went..." :Town Crier tells you, "Hear ye, hear ye! High Queen Elysa is sending out a search party to discover Nuhmudira's whereabouts. All who are interested in participating in this search should report to the Arwic tavern for details."
- Town Crier tells you, "The oddest folk come to me in the dark of the night while I'm standing here. One wizened character snuck up behind me and hissed into my ear that a new island has been revealed to the east. I whipped around to confront who had spoken, but slap me now if he hadn't disappeared. Poof! No doubt others will come by to tell me even stranger tales... I get that a lot."
No new messages this month.
- The Burun Kukuur, Reeshan, has found a way to transfer his girth to an undiscovered area of Izji Qo's temple. His presence can be felt within the temple, but his whereabouts are unknown.
- Kivik Lir's temple is briefly surrounded in a corona of magical energy. Deep within the temple another Burun King has crossed the vast divide!"
- A chain of magical explosions sear the desert sands near Fadsahil's shop.
- Somewhere in the depths of Liazk Itzi's temple another Burun King has forced his way through the portal and arrived on Dereth!
- A massive wave of magic pulses out from Ixir Zi's temple in the Blackmire Swamp. A second Burun King has found his way to Dereth!
- Off the western shore of the Direlands a soft pulse of energy forms. The energy steadily grows until it crashes into the ocean waters and reveals a partially exhumed temple in the sands.
- An assault of mana pounds the western surf and then becomes silent. Residents at Ayan Baqur are taken aback at the appearance of a spectral being.
- A massive wave of magic swells from beneath the surface of the world in the vicinity of Izji Qo's temple. The Burun King, Reeshan, has surfaced once again!
- Antius Blackmoor
- Guard Audrey - 33.4N, 56.8E in Arwic
- Cragstone Royal Guards
- Jif Loz
- Hevk Loz
- Kir Loz
- Watcher of the Dead
- 12.8S, 58.9W (Reeshan)
- 21.7S, 47.6E (Kiree)
- 40.8S, 11.7E (Broodu)
- 51.4S, 67.9W (Keerik)
- 38.1S, 47.3W (Rehir)
- 60.1S, 88.1W (Browerk)
- Nuhmudira's Hidden Cottage
- King Reeshan
- King Kiree
- Kings Broodu
- Kings Keerik
- Kings Rehir
- Xi Ru's Island & King Browerk
- Soul Stone Quest
|5th Anniversary Pack Dolls|
|Pack Martine||Pack Gaerlan||Pack Ancient Olthoi Queen|
|Pack Levistras||Pack Burun Kukuur||Pack Asheron|
Happy Fifth Anniversary! As part of the celebration, the Council of Sages has placed a gift in your backpack. Treasure it well!
|Clutch of Kings|
|Noble Helm||Noble Coat||Noble Leggings|
|Noble Gauntlets||Noble Sollerets||Burun Kukuur Floatee|
|Portal Gateway||Stomach Wall||Combined Kukuur Hides|
|Title Token 'Kingslayer'|
|Clutch of Kings (Broodu)|
|0 1 1 2 3 5||3 1 4 1||2 3 5 7 11|
|Broodu's Hide||Salvaged Granite (Quest)||Salvaged White Sapphire (Quest)|
|Salvaged Sunstone (Quest)||Lesser Direlands Device||Gem of Inner Will|
|Clutch of Kings (Keerik)|
|Shell Table||Left Shell||Center Shell|
|Right Shell||Keerik's Hide||Salvaged Aquamarine (Quest)|
|Salvaged Emerald (Quest)||Outland Portal Device||Enscorcelled Robe|
|Gem of Perfect Balance|
|Clutch of Kings (Rehir)|
|Sword (Rehir)||Spear (Rehir)||Mace (Rehir)|
|Axe (Rehir)||Blue Sword||Green Spear|
|Red Mace||Purple Axe||Rehir's Hide|
|Salvaged Jet (Quest)||Salvaged Red Garnet (Quest)||Olthoi Lands Portal Device|
|Gem of Inner Might||Marksman's Robe|
- Noble Crossbow - Modifier increased to +180%
- Noble Longbow - Modifier increased to +150%
- Hollow Bow - Damage Mod now +150% (up from 125%)
- Hollow Crossbow - Damage Mod now +210% (up from 125%)
- Deadly Hollow Sword - Damage now 33-55
- Arcanum Salvaging Self I
- Arcanum Enlightenment I
- Arcanum Salvaging Self II
- Arcanum Enlightenment II
- Arcanum Salvaging Self III
- Arcanum Enlightenment III
- Arcanum Salvaging Self IV
- Arcanum Enlightenment IV
- Arcanum Salvaging Self V
- Arcanum Enlightenment V
- Arcanum Salvaging Self VI
- Arcanum Enlightenment VI
- Arcanum Salvaging VII
- Arcanum Enlightenment VII
- Nuhmudira's Enlightenment I
- Nuhmudira's Wisdom I
- Nuhmudira's Enlightenment II
- Nuhmudira's Wisdom II
- Nuhmudira's Enlightenment III
- Nuhmudira's Wisdom III
- Nuhmudira's Enlightenment IV
- Nuhmudira's Wisdom IV
- Nuhmudira's Wisdom V
- Nuhmudira's Enlightenment V
- Nuhmudira Enlightenment VI
- Nuhmudira's Wisdom VI
- Nuhmudira's Enlightenment
- Nuhmudira's Wisdom VII
Click image for full size.