|Related Pages Images References|
Oswald is an Aluvian assassin and secret mentor of Prince Borelean Strathelar. Like Nuhmudira, he has the power to give True Death (i.e. the person does not reappear at a Lifestone). He is described as having extraordinary green eyes and blond hair , and he prefers to dress in green.
Isparian Background and whereabouts on the Halaetan Isles
Oswald studied to become a master assassin, with for example Selaina the Subtle. He served as an assassin, together with MacTavish in the war between Aluvia and Viamont on Ispar. He arrived on Dereth after fleeing from Viamontian trackers  who were hunting him down after his attempted assassination of King Varicci I of Viamont. Oswald arrived on the Halaetan Isles, where it would seem all the portals to Auberean that appear in Viamontian lands send you. Oswald took a great interest in anything which had to do with the Ruschk. Later, after the Varicci II took the Royal Army through the portals, Oswald was captured and held in the Viamontian Royal Prison. He easily escaped, which angered the Viamontian King greatly. Selaina the Subtle received a contract to track down and kill Oswald.
Oswald was able to freely pass through the Fiun Barrier which had kept Dereth and the Halaetan Islands divided. It is unknown how he was able to do this, however, this may explain why Oswald's hidden lair in the Fir Tree is on the coast closest to the Halaetans.
On Dereth, Oswald was hired for many jobs. He killed Gertarh the Banderling who lived in the Thieves' Den near Eastham. He was hired by either Devana bint Hamudi or the Shagar Zharala to end the misery of her father Hamud ibn Rafik who had turned into a Shadow.[Citation Needed]  And most notably, Oswald killed the mayor of Ayan Baqur, Jaleh al-Thani He was hired first by another employer, then by Nuhmudira to assassinate High Queen Elysa Strathelar. He altered the magic of the shrines (Altar of Bael'Zharon and Altar of Asheron) in such a way, that neither Bael'zharon nor Asheron were tied to the souls of Isparians; instead, it will go to his first employer (players were since then able to go PK Lite). He did attempt to kill Elysa but did not succeed, Elysa fell in a coma of which she later recovered. Both Nuhmudira and Elysa were not his best friends after this.
Other deeds presumably attempted with more or less success was the stealing of the Bandit Shield , sharing his knowledge on how to make Spikes , the stealing of the Lens of Filinuvekta by one of his followers, Benedino. Somewhere during his time in Dereth, he and Nuhmudira fell out, and she is trying to get hold of him.
During The War of Blood and Shadow (the Grael arc) Oswald was made out to be less of a villain, when he became the secret mentor of Borelean Strathelar   and helped the people of New Aluvia stand up against Varicci II. Later Oswald brought the Ordina Rossu Morta and Whispering Blade together to fight against Grael.
He meets up again with Selaina the Subtle, their dialog ending with an attempt of Selaina to kill him, and her losing the fight. From the teaser it also becomes clear that Oswald is more and more willing to work with followers instead of alone.
He is also implied in the attempted assassination of Queen Elysa, being the one who prophesied this attempt.
|A note||Aged Page||An Interesting Note||Mysterious Note|
|Note scrawled in blood||Note to a generous host||Note to Alvirre||Oswald's Prison Journal|
|Page from a Journal||Seven Habits of Effective Adventurers|
- Chasing Oswald
- Heart of Innocence Quest
- Hamud's Demise
- Oswald's Dirk Quest
- Feud of Neydisa and Bandit Castle
Many Humans are found in locations associated with Oswald or his followers, such as
- Fir Tree - Location of Oswald's hidden lair (Oswald's Room)
- Heart of Innocence - where the remains of Jaleh al-Thani can be found
|Oswald's Chest||Oswald's Crystal||Oswald's Dagger||Oswald's Dirk|
|Oswald's Enhancement||Oswald's Throwing Dagger||Silver Key|
- also, the Weeping Weapons and the Elemental Weeping Weapons are probably created by or with the help of Oswald.
Oswald's attempt to assassinate Elysa (Reign of Terror Teaser)
- ↑ 2005/12 Through Sacrifice, Strength - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2004/12 - Assassination
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 2005/07 Throne of Destiny - Oswald's Prison Journal
- ↑ 2005/07 Throne of Destiny - Varette's Orders
- ↑ 2005/07 Throne of Destiny - Varette's Orders
- ↑ 2005/07 Throne of Destiny - Note to a generous host
- ↑ 2005/07 Throne of Destiny - Prison Warden's Orders
- ↑ 2005/07 Throne of Destiny - Chasing Oswald#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2000/05 - Heroes' Respite - Inscription on Oswald's Dagger
- ↑ 2000/05 - Heroes' Respite - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 2000/04 - Thorns of the Hopeslayer - Description of Corpse of Gertarh
- ↑ 2000/04 - Thorns of the Hopeslayer - Mysterious Note
- ↑ 2000/05 - Heroes' Respite - Hamud's Demise#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ The Brink of the Abyss
- ↑ 2003/06 Heart of Woe - Heart of Innocence (Text)
- ↑ 2003/06 Heart of Woe - Note scrawled in blood
- ↑ 2008/08 Ancient Powers - Asheron's Call Nostalgia Blog #1: Allan "Orion" Maki
- ↑ 2003/10 - Reign of Terror - Teaser 2
- ↑ 2005/01 Assault - Queen Elysa's New Year's Resolutions
- ↑ 2005/01 Assault - Nuhmudira's New Year's Resolutions
- ↑ 1999/11 - Release - Inscription on the Silver Key
- ↑ 2003/04 A Gathering of Colors - A note
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 2008/08 Ancient Powers - Adept Test#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2005/12 Through Sacrifice, Strength - Teaser
- ↑ 2006/12 Cold Tracks- Rollout Article
- ↑ 2007/01 Bridging the Vast Divide - Teaser
- ↑ 2006/08 - Shattering the Dark - Teaser
- ↑ 2007/09 Dark Materials - Teaser
- ↑ 2008/01 Recollections - Teaser
- ↑ 2010/06 Shifting Gears - Queen Elysa in Danger#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2003/11 Visions in the Darkness - Town Crier Rumors
- ↑ 2003/11 Visions in the Darkness - Hemmik the Sly#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2005/08 Friend and Foe - Counterfeit Writ#Lore & Dialog
- ↑ 2003/11 Visions in the Darkness - An Interesting Note