Oswald's Dirk Quest
|Walk Through ___ Maps ___ Items ___ XP ___ Images ___ Lore & Dialog ___ Notes|
- You must have Lockpick to complete this quest.
- If you are flagging for the Heart of Innocence Quest, you are flagged once you enter the Fir Tree portal. No Lockpick is required up to this point.
Part 1: Access to the Secret Lair (The Fir Tree)
- To begin, speak with Aaminah at 60.0S, 87.8W in Ayan Baqur.
- Head up to the roof of the building behind Aaminah and pick up the Empty Mug, Half Empty Cider, Strands of Silk, and Sweet Smelling Bark.
- While in Ayan, hand the Half Empty Cider to Ulgrim the Unpleasant at 59.7S, 88.0W.
- Now head to Sawato and speak with Ro Bi-Jor, Apprentice Tailor at 28.5S, 59.2E.
- Proceed to show Ro Bi-Jor, Apprentice Tailor the Strands of Silk.
- Now pick up the Dusty Sollerets, located on the floor next to Ro Bi-Jor, Apprentice Tailor and hand them to him.
- Head to Rithwic and find Celcynd the Dour in the bar at 10.7N, 58.1E. Hand him the Empty Mug and the Sweet Smelling Bark.
- Now, from Glenden Wood, run to 32.1N, 25.6E and use the Chunk of Wood, lying on the ground. You'll receive a Wooden Tablet and this message:
- You pick up a sliver of the bark. As you do another appears in its place.
- Once you have your Wooden Tablet, you're flagged to enter the Fir Tree portal, located at 80.0N, 45.5W. The tablet has no further use and can be discarded.
- Fir Tree teleports you with Access to the Secret Lair.
- I see you've found my lair. Well... good for you. If you've come to join me all you need do is pass my tests, alone. You do that and I just might take you on as an apprentice in the less savory arts. You fail and well anything you drop will be mine.
- Perhaps if you are an astute observer you'll find my true intentions at some later time. Either way I congratulate your efforts thus far.
Part 2: Trials
Trial #1: Trial of the Vagabond
- From the Fir Tree drop, enter the Trial of the Vagabond portal to your left.
- You're a brave one aren't you? Well I guess we'll see how savvy you are too. The only way to leave this room, aside from being a yellow coward fleeing to the lifestone, your home or your master's mansion, is to solve the puzzle there on the pedestal. But you'll need to be an accomplished vagabond to finish that puzzle. Oh and one more thing, the puzzle box has a built in failsafe to see that unaccomplished vagabonds are punished for trying to be something that they are not.
- Buff your Lockpick and use to the Puzzle Box nearby. If your skill is high enough, it will portal you to with Vagabond Passed.
- If successful (passed the skill check), you'll be portaled to the next trial, the Test of Cunning.
- You've done well thus far--but now comes the test of cunning. There are two ways out of this next room: Death and out through the portal you can see across the length of this chamber. Good luck.
Trial #2: Rolling Balls of Death
- This trial consists of Rolling Ball of Deaths. Starting to your left (West), jump up on the platform and then work your way across the suspended jumps until you reach the far side.
- Warning: If you fall, you'll be killed and will not be able to recover your body. You do drop Death Items in this dungeon, so don't carry anything you can't afford to lose!
- Once you reach the other side, jump against the back wall and then enter the Eagle's Sight portal to access the next trial.
Trial #3: Eagle's Sight
- From the drop, you'll notice a Target, directly across the room to the North. Using a Critical Strike weapon, continue to attack the Target until you land a Critical Hit.
- Warning: This is a hot drop, and you'll be attacked by Invisible Assailants continuously until you've passed the trial.
- Once you've landed a critical hit, you'll be instantly portaled to the next trial, Bobo's Babysitter.
- You made it through three of four, but now lies the most difficult. There is only one right answer here. There are four little tuskies here; the fifth, much larger one is their baby-sitter. You'll need to talk to the babysitter and decipher his riddle or be sent away from this place for a time; shall we say a week? There can be no mistakes now... think really hard on this one.
Trial #4: Bobo's Babysitter
- Speak with the Babysitter and you'll receive 4 balls: Blue Ball, Red Ball, Green Ball, and Yellow Ball.
- Hand each ball to the appropriate statue of Bobo's kid:
- Once you've handed all 4 balls to their respective statues, talk with the Judgment Statue on the North wall to complete the trial.
- If you're correct, you'll receive Oswald's Key and be portaled to Oswald's Room.
Part 3: Oswald's Room
- From the drop, open the door to your left (West) and use Oswald's Key to open Oswald's Chest, where you'll find Oswald's Dirk and a Magnificent Bracelet. Take the bracelet to Aaminah in Ayan for an experience reward.
- Note: The chest only has a 700 difficulty, so with it it can be picked with high enough skill, allowing you to obtain more than one dirk (managed to pick with Vagabond's Gift and 433 skill).
- [OPTIONAL] Loot the Heart of Innocence on the desk nearby.
- [OPTIONAL] Using your Lockpick, you can optionally open the several locked chests nearby for some poor man's loot.
|Fir Tree||80.0N, 45.5W||--||5F45||--||--|
|Task Required||Max Experience||Percentage & Level Cap|
|Hand in token looted from Oswald's Chest to Aaminah in Ayan||24,000,000xp||
??% up to level ??
|See Level Costs for per level information.|
Lore & Dialog
You give Ro Bi-Jor, Apprentice Tailor Dusty Sollerets.
Ro Bi-Jor, Apprentice Tailor tells you, "Oh my. This does look bad, but I swear. I've never been to the desert. I've spent most of my life just around this area, I'm a tailor, not a kidnapper."
You think back to the way the scene looked. The tracks left there were distinctly boots, not sollerets. Someone is trying to frame this poor girl.
Ro Bi-Jor, Apprentice Tailor tells you, "You have to believe me."
You give Ro Bi-Jor, Apprentice Tailor Strands of Silk.
Ro Bi-Jor, Apprentice Tailor tells you, "This looks like the silk that I used to make a shirt for Jaleh al-Thani. Oh I remember it very well. He asked for a shirt made in a very ornate and overly pretentious way."
Ro Bi-Jor, Apprentice Tailor tells you, "This was the first item that my master had me craft. When Jaleh came to collect it he pointed out a tiny flaw in my weaving and demanded the cost be lowered. It was, but so was my pay. I was very angry with him. Very angry with him."
Ro Bi-Jor, Apprentice Tailor tells you, "I have heard that he is missing. Surely you don't think that I had anything to do with it. Please you must believe me. Look at my sollerets if you don't."
You give Ulgrim the Unpleasant Half Empty Cider.
Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Something doesn't smell quite right about this stuff. You got it from Jaleh's, eh? Well I've no love for the money grabbing b--. Say you don't think that I had anything to..."
Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Well of all the insane ideas to pop into people's heads. Be off with you! I've better things to do than deal with some hack investigation."
Ulgrim swigs the brew.
Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Whew! Tangy. Yup, that was definitely not right. I feel kind of sleepy. You have any more Ale?"
You give Celcynd the Dour Empty Mug.
Celcynd the Dour tells you, "You found it. Oh bless you, I had lost it, thought I did but someone stole it left me with an empty mug loop on my belt and no cup with which to hold my drink. But bless you, you found it!"
Celcynd the Dour tells you, "It smells of Ayan Baqur, I've caught the scent before, the desert and dirt and the dirty pyreals. So filthy and unclean."
Celcynd the Dour tells you, "But you, you've a chip or chunk of a tree from the Tiofor Forest around Glenden Wood on you. I can smell it. Might I see it?"
You give Celcynd the Dour Sweet Smelling Bark.
Celcynd takes a deep breath of the Bark.
Celcynd the Dour tells you, "Ah, the smell of fresh firs and the air around Glenden Wood. Indeed that is where this came from. Somewhere near the city and surrounded by firs. May I keep it?"
Celcynd the Dour tells you, "Oh thank you. It reminds me of the area near the Glenden Wood Prison the trees there smell so nice throughout the year."
Babysitter gives you Blue Ball.
Babysitter gives you Red Ball.
Babysitter gives you Green Ball.
Babysitter gives you Yellow Ball.
Babysitter tells you, "These are four funny tuskers. Each likes to play with a ball, but they will only play with a ball of their favorite color. Speak to them to learn whose favorite color is which. But be warned:"
Babysitter tells you, "One is a liar, One always tells the truth, one alternates between the truth and fiction and the last, whose rules for telling the truth when he makes three statements are different than the other three tuskies."
Babysitter tells you, "One final note: The tuskies like the color of the balls dependent on their age. The youngest likes the green ball. The oldest likes the blue ball. The second oldest likes the red ball. The second youngest likes the yellow ball."
Babysitter tells you, "When you think you have figured out the puzzle hand the balls to the children. Then use the statue on the other side of the room to see if you are right so you can pass into the master's room."
You give Aaminah Magnificent Bracelet.
Aaminah tells you, "I had no idea he had gotten me such a beautiful bracelet. I've never seen it before now."
Aaminah tells you, "Thank you so much for bringing me this, I will miss that wonderful man."
You've earned 24,000,000 experience.
You must wait 12d 23h 39m 28s to collect the bracelet again.
- This quest is a pre-requisite for the Heart of Innocence Quest.
- During the Reforging the Past event, the Magnificent Bracelet was introduced, adding an experience reward to this quest.
- During the Learning From Experience event, the experience reward was increased from 18,000,000 (100% up to level 70) to 24,000,000 (??% up to level ??).