Player Versus Player
|Main game topics:||Getting Started | Gameplay | Player Character | Items | World | Patches | Live Events|
|Sub-topics:||Combat | Crafting | Game Mechanics | Grouping | Hobbies | Housing | Magic | Player Versus Player | Trading | Travelling|
Related topics: Category:PVP
Player Versus Player (PvP) refers to any content where players compete against each other, as opposed to against the game's Non Player Characters. In AC, PvP usually refers to characters with the status of Player Killer or Player Killer Lite, but may also refer other content such as Chess.
Main Article: Player Killer
- Player Killers can take part in special content such as Land Control and the Water of Stasis Quest.
- On the world of Darktide, all characters are permanently set to PK Status.
- On the other worlds, Non Player Killers (NPKs) may switch between PK and NPK status by using special altars.
Player Killer Lite
Main Article: Player Killer Lite
Introduced in Groundswell, Player Killer Lite (PKL) status is similar to PK, but with less risks and rewards. PKLs may only harm other PKLs. When killed, PKLs do not lose vitae or drop items, and the killer will not gain experience. PKLs appear as a pink blip on the Radar.
- On the world of Darktide, characters may never enter PKL status.
- On the other worlds, NPKs may enter PKL status by entering the /pklite command. PKLs are reverted back to NPK status on death, on logging out and back in, or on use of an NPK altar.
Main Article: Olthoi Play
Introduced in From Darkness, Light, Olthoi Play is a system designed to allow players to jump right into the higher level Player vs. Player action without the need to spend vast amounts of time leveling and collecting gear. The downside is that Olthoi Play is highly restricted. Olthoi PKs appear as a red blip on the Radar.
- Olthoi may be created on all servers.
- Olthoi are permanently set to Player Killer (red) status, regardless of server.