From AC Community Wiki
May 2007 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Town Crier Rumors
Viamontian Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "We have it on good authority that the Bloodless town of Cragstone is still under siege by the noisome Drudges. Apparently they cannot defend their town themselves so they wish to hire others to do it for them."
- Town Crier tells you, "His Majesty's most learned and powerful sages have reported swirling eddies and odd concentrations in the mysterious realms of portalspace. One wonders what it could portend."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Bloodless of Cragstone allowed the Drudges to build a fort right under their noses. Never allow an enemy a foothold!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Our noble King has taken an interest in the problems with Banderlings near the Bloodless town of Ayan Baqur. All those capable are encouraged to gather more information."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hear ye, Hear ye! All soldiers of able body and mind are invited to not go to Kryst, where the Bloodless queen has gotten her troops into trouble and now needs to be bailed out... again."
- Town Crier tells you, "Against Mosswarts!"
- Town Crier tells you, "King Varicci is a little concerned. All this agitation among the lesser humanoids like the Banderlings and the Mosswarts... While in public he scoffs at it, but through more discreet channels he's been indicating that if Viamontians want to go and investigate the situation, they are more than welcome to do so."
- Town Crier tells you, "His Majesty's scholars have found disturbances in portalspace. While they have not been able to confirm their findings, they believe this may be the work of some unusual activity among those mysterious Virindi. Should they think to think to take over Sanamar as they took over that cluster of Bloodless hovels in Ayan Baqur, they will find that the people of Viamont are not so easily bent."
- Town Crier tells you, "Our noble and illustrious monarch, King Varicci has sent aid to the Bloodless Queen to help end the mystery of the altered Banderling, 'Harraag'. With a properly skilled Cinghalle Investigator on the hunt in the Bloodless town of Ayan Baqur, there will be answers in no time."
- Town Crier tells you, "A representative of Cragstone has asked for our best hunters to pay him a visit in his hometown. He claims he can reward those who help cull the Drudge population. If you wish to amuse yourself for a time with the Bloodless you should seek Jarvis Hammerstone in Cragstone."
- Town Crier tells you, "His Majesty has asked for our warriors and mages who are not currently in service to pay Cragstone a visit. He believes that fighting the Drudges entrenched there will prove educational to our younger warriors who have not yet besieged a town."
Mainland Town Criers
- Town Crier tells you, "Word is that the people of Cragstone are hiring hunters to kill off some of the flood of Drudges in their town."
- Town Crier tells you, "Messengers from Cragstone have sent word of Drudges constructing something near their town."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hear ye, Hear ye! All soldiers of able body and mind are asked to travel to the town of Kryst, where the forces of New Aluvia stand in defense against an incursion of hostile Mosswarts!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Scholars report a strange agitation in the currents of portalspace... What could it mean?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors of continued Banderling activity near Ayan Baqur. I wonder if the Guards are going to do anything about it?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Honestly, is anyone shocked that the mysterious gathering of Mosswarts turned out to be a bad idea for Isparians? Probably that incompetent git Hrothgar, but the rest of us weren't surprised."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have reports that the Drudges who have been raiding Cragstone have built a fortification on a hill west of town. You may want to see if you can be of service to the people of Cragstone."
- Town Crier tells you, "A friend of mine was in Ayan Baqur, and saw one of the Royal Guards working with a Viamontian Investigator. Dereth is indeed full of wonders."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Drudges keep raiding Cragstone for their food and resources. Even with the large contingent of warriors, archers and mages defending the town from the attacks they keep getting through. Jarvis Hammerstone has asked for those willing to help to speak to him about hunting the Drudges."
- Town Crier tells you, "Word from the Arcanum is that there have been disturbances in portalspace, that they think are tied to Virindi activity somehow..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "This is my favorite time of year out here in Ayan Baqur. There's a pleasant breeze in from the sea, and for a couple of weeks the flowers are so fragrant you almost can't smell the rotten stink of Berkholt's cooking."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Everyone is talking about the new Drudge fort near Cragstone. You'd think they'd never seen a Drudge fort before! Those poor people of Dryreach remain surrounded by Banderling hordes and we decide that all out war against the Drudges tinkering in Cragstone is the best plan of action. Who's running this place? I demand to be heard!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Can you smell it? In the air? There's a static smell on the wind... It smells of trouble... And apples. Oh, yes, you know what I mean."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Do the Mosswarts wake up in the morning and spin a wheel to determine who they're going to worship that day?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Anti-Drudge legislation that is being passed in Cragstone cannot be allowed to continue. Yes, Drudges are annoying and mischievous and, yes, Drudges will grab anything not nailed down. But I ask you, are the Drudges our enemies?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm sorry, what was your question again? Bring me a stout and I might remember. That was a hint, kid."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I can tell you exactly what's going on in portalspace. I was just there. What do you mean, you've seen me standing here since morning? I tell you, I was taking a slow road through portalspace, just to see the sights..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "We should use a peaceful, guiding hand in our dealings with these creatures. We can help them become contributing members of Derethian society, no less deserving than we humans or the Lugians or Tumeroks. It's in our future, I tell you."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh no, don't ask me what the Virindi are up to! Haven't you heard about all those strange doings in portalspace? No? You must not drink in the right taverns, then. Everyone who's anyone in portalspace has been talking about it lately."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know these problems on the Vesayens with the Mosswarts? You don't see the Merwarts having these sorts of problems, do you? And why is that?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm sure you can guess."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Okay, I'll tell you what the Virindi are up to in portalspace. They're replacing the portalspace we all know and love with Virindi crystals. Now let's see if anyone notices the difference..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've been working on some Olthoi Bait in case they decide to come back. Through long and arduous testing I've discovered that they can't resist stuffed mushrooms. Just walk through a dungeon dropping those things in a line and you can ambush a whole swarm while they're gobbling them up."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I received my doctorate by messenger yesterday. I wrote a thesis for it titled "Controlled Fermentation in a Third Stage Distillation Matrix under Endothermic Excitation.""
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You may call me Professor Ulgrim, or my informal title, "Yeast Master.""
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "My birthday is coming up soon, did you know? I once pledged to give up stout on the day after my 30th birthday. Good thing I'm turning 29 this year."
- Aerbax's Prodigal Drudge
- Aerbax's Prodigal Mosswart
- The Archivist Quest
- Altered Drudge Kill Task
- Augmented Drudge Kill Task
- Drudge Lurker Kill Task
- Drudge Stalker Kill Task
- Drudge Ravener Kill Task
- Mosswart Townsfolk Kill Task
- Large Royal Guard presence now found in Kryst (74.3S, 84.6E)
- Ennio di Cinghalle - 59.6S, 87.7W in Ayan Baqur
- Researcher Tharin
- Sergeant Brigitta
- Sergeant Shanks
- Visiting Shaman
- Chaos Virindi Cave - 58.6S, 81.5W near Ayan
- Archive -
- Drudge Fort - 25.4N 45.9E near Cragstone
- Drudge Fort Cave - Inside the Drudge Fort
- Mosswart Holding - Located in Mosswart Town
- Mosswart Worship Cavern - 41.1S, 48.8W in East Direlands Swamps
|Aerbax's Prodigal Drudge|
|Drudge Fort Blueprints||Cave Door Key||Bonecrunch's Chest Key|
|Bonecrunch's Chest||Bonecrunch's Hammer||Drudge Scrying Orb|
|Protective Drudge Charm||Scroll of Flame Chain||Wall of Fire|
|Aerbax's Prodigal Mosswart|
|Blessed Spear of the Mosswart Gods||Pile of Stained Papers||Piece of Paper|
|The Archivist Quest|
|Virindi Message Shard (The Archivist)||Observations: Harraag|
|Drudge Kill Tasks|
|Cull the Drudges|
- Flame Chain - "Shoots 5 bolts of flame in a row at the target. Each bolt does 24-46 of fire damage to the first thing it hits. This spell is more effective for long range attacks."
- Royal Investigator
- Defender of Kryst
- Cragstone Knight
- Cragstone Firefighter
- Hoogan's Hero
- Guardian of Cragstone
- Altered Hunter
- Augmented Hunter
- Drudge Doom
- Stalker Stalker
Click image for full size version.