Quiet Before the Storm
August 2010 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Patch Size: 1,725k (Client: 4556k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems those who are skilled in the art of assessing their opponent have discovered a new ability."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors of a new discovery on the island known as Moarsmen City. I am too afraid to go there myself but maybe you'll be brave enough to check it out."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors that the Iron Blade Gear Knights have begun erecting walls around their excavations in the Direlands. That can't be good..."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Explorer Society has picked new challenges for adventurer's to take part in."
- Town Crier tells you, "In response to elevated Iron Blade activity, the Gear Knights under Primus Atamarr have increased their involvement in the invasion area, and are offering rewards to adventurers that help them."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Explorer Society is asking adventurer's to aid Lord Kresovus is retrieving a Coda, battle the creature known fondly as the Son of Pooky, and even to travel to Bur! Head to the town of Kara to find out more."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Societies have discovered long lost tunnels that travel under the island of Moarsmen City. They are asking their members to investigate them further. If you are a part of a Society, you may want to head there to provide aid to your brothers."
- Town Crier tells you, "Those who have studied the art of assessing other warriors have discovered a way to determine the weaknesses in their opponents armor."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "All those fools who I laughed at for training their senses to assess the abilities of other humans finally found a new trick. I hope they remembered to factor in the boost in damage resistance you get from being drunk."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Heh, I bet a Reedshark eats Atamarr's scroll too. Stupid Reedsharks..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "More stuff happening on Moarsmen City these days, I hate a dry desert almost as much as I hate a dry town."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Explorer Society is asking people to go hunt down the Son of Pooky. What did that little rabbit ever do to them? I'd rather have a drink with him myself, he's my kind of... rabbit I guess."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I bet those people think their assessment skills will reveal the quality of my robe for them. Well maybe I will just take it off then, let's see them assess that."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Long lost tunnels underneath Moarsmen City were found which lead to an old underground temple like area which no one knows the history of. Man, never heard something like that before..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Explorer Society expects me to go to Bur now too huh. The last time I went there the creatures of that world tried to make me the supreme overlord of the whole place, but it smelled funny so I left."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Those unfriendly Gear Knights up north are building walls now? Well, that makes it simple, just send someone in there to finish them all off, so they're trapped inside, and then people can sit up on the walls and shoot them like, well, Gear Knights in a walled-in area, or something..."
- Sunstone and Opal Gauntlets Quest - Ruined Amulet now available for the Two Handed Combat gauntlets.
- Monthly Explorer Society Quests
- WARNING: These quests are standalone quests, the xp bonuses are strictly handled by the NPCs in Kara, speak to them after finishing to get your bonus. Also your timer for the bonuses depend on when you completed last month's set of quests, speak to each NPC to find out if your timer hasn't expired yet. More details here.
- Ansar El-Kerdany: Balor's Rescue - 638,000,000 xp (100% up to level 180), timer: 27 days. (Only need to get the Coda no need to get Lord Kresovus involved in order to get the reward, go straight to the Shadow Lugian Stronghold and loot coda and return to Kara. (no flagging needed) )
- Esmond Fielding: Son of Pooky Quest - ??xp (50% up to level 180), timer: 13 days.
- Niccolo De Luca: Falatacot Medallion - 160,000,000 xp (25% up to level 180), timer: 6 days.
- Lintareal - Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp
- Squire Tylaen - Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp
- Jin Kyong - 92.1S, 50.3W (Celestial Hand Nyr'leha Beach Fort)
- Chun Hei - 91.4S 53.8W (Eldrytch Web Nyr'leha Beach Fort)
- Myung Hee - 93.6S 51.8W (Radiant Blood Nyr'leha Beach Fort)
- Forgotten Tunnels - Map - Moarsman City (180+, no tie/recall/summon)
- 92.9S, 56.4W (0x8B020292)
- 93.1S, 56.9W (0x8B02026B)
- 93.6S, 56.6W (0x8B020282)
- Direlands Gear Knight Invasion Area - Walls built around the burrows Direlands Gear Knight Dungeon and the Mana Siphon (see pictures below); Gear Knights now doing missile attacks or wearing shields comparable to the Shield of the Gold Gear and the Aegis of the Gold Gear
- Direlands Gear Knight Resistance Camp - New NPCs: Squire Tylaen and Lintareal.
|Shield of the Gold Gear||Aegis of the Gold Gear||Scroll of Gear Knight Invasion Area Camp Recall||Armor Upgrade Kit Containment Gem|
|Weapon Upgrade Kit Containment Gem||Crate of Gear Blade Slashing Arrowheads|
|Atamarr's Aetherium Aegis||Ornate Gear Marker||Iron Blade Shield||Iron Blade Aegis|
|Aetheria Powder (Red)||Wrapped Bundle of Gear Blade Slashing Arrowheads||Gear Blade Slashing Arrow||Gear Blade Slashing Bolt|
|Ruined Amulet of the Two Hander|
No new titles this month.
Icon(s) Item(s) 6DFC Energy Ring 6DFD Orange Energy Crystal 6DFE Glimmering Shard 6E03 Iron Blade Aegis 6E04 Iron Blade Shield 6E07 Atamarr's Aetherium Aegis 6E08 Shield of the Gold Gear 6E09 Gear Knight Invasion Area Camp Recall 6E0A Ornate Gear Marker 6E0D Ruined Amulet of the Two Hander 6E0E Crate of Gear Blade Slashing Arrowheads 6E0F Gear Blade Slashing Spike
Click image for full size.
Aerial Overview on the new wall structures at the Direlands Gear Knight Invasion Area
Gear Knight Walls at the Direlands Gear Knight Invasion Area
- There is an inconsistency with the field generators inside the Forgotten Tunnels with 2 on the south side and 1 on the north side, it appears the doubling on the south side was an error.
- The intended change to move the portal for the Castle of Lord Mhoire Quest to the west statue caused the statue to disappear. For this month there is a permanent portal in the middle of Hebian-To at 39.0S 83.3E that takes you to the Mhoire Castle Courtyard.
- When the Ruined Amulet of the Two Hander is applied to Sunstone Gauntlets the icon and name do not change.
- The Shield of the Radiant Blood has an incorrect name of "Kite Shield".