August 2009 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Patch Size: 739k (Client: 4,480k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "There's more activity with those bandit camps in the Sho lands. Speak to Carolyn in Baishi for more information."
- Town Crier tells you, "Did you hear about that madman who tried to imprison a bunch of Moarsmen? Sounds like things are getting out of control on Freebooter Isle."
- Town Crier tells you, "I don't even know what to make of that town of Mar'uun any more. One minute it's there, the next it's destroyed, then it's back again..."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The secret societies have made it easier to travel to Moarsman Island and Freebooter Isle."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Rand the Hunter has updated his creature bounties. Find him in Holtburg to see what he's marked this time."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you gone to see Sean the Speedy yet to hear about the next set of Explorers' Society map markers to find?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Scouts report coming across a new Apostate Virindi excavation out in the Direlands."
- Town Crier tells you, "Rand the Hunter has marked a new set of creatures for bounties. I have heard that he is paying special attention to those mysterious Ruschk this time. Find him in Holtburg if you feel up to the task."
- Town Crier tells you, "So now the lost town of Mar'uun seems to have... reappeared. Obviously they are having some problems with portal stability. You may want to head out there and see if there is any way you can help."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Arcanum is investigating a new facility that the Apostate Virindi have opened up in the northeastern Direlands. They seem to be digging up some ancient artifacts. Seek out Felizio Calmasi near the tavern in Cragstone for more information."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard of some problems with an attempt to construct a prison camp to contain Moarsmen, over on Freebooter Isle. Speak with Gate Warden Kris on Freebooter Isle to learn more."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have received reports that there are new developments afoot with the bandits threatening Lin and Baishi. Pieces of a puzzle are coming together, one might say. Seek out Carolyn in Baishi if you are interested."
- Town Crier tells you, "All you map hounds are encouraged to see Sean the Speedy in Holtburg. He's marked the next ten Explorers' Society sites around Dereth for your exploration and amusement."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've heard that Rand has decided all his fellow hunting enthusiasts need to start whacking Ruschk now. I always knew that he secretly hated hunters..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "There's word that the Apostate Virindi are digging up something new in the Direlands. Ha! Good luck to 'em! What can possibly be new and exciting in the Direlands?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Well, sure, it's impressive that the secret societies installed direct paths to Moarsman Island and Freebooter Keep. But who in their right mind wants to go to those godforsaken hunks of rock? I'm a drunk old crank and even I know better."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, looks like Carolyn Woron is sending people out on further wild goose chases. And I mean it, it's literally a wild goose. First one I've heard of since I've been on this benighted world. If you find it, bring it here. I find myself craving the taste of wild goose. And bacon, for that matter. Mmmm, bacon..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So wait, now Mar'uun is back, and they need help again. Honestly, doesn't that whole town just seem a bit too attention-needy?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I've just about had it up to here with those desperados threatening Lin and Baishi. Don't they have anything better to do? I bet if I sent a few kegs of stout over there, they'd settle down real quick. A man's mind turns to mischief when he hasn't got anything to drink."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Yep, no more new calamities at the Crystalline Crag. I decided to stop tormenting those poor buggers. They made me mad when they tossed me out of their tavern for being too drunk. I hope they've learned their lesson!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "No, you don't have to investigate the new Apostate Virindi dig site. I know exactly what is going on there. The Virindi are excavating an ancient and yet strangely well-preserved store of applesauce. Woe to us all if they get their hands on that long lost sauce."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Well, look, you can go running around Dereth finding Sean the Speedy's little markers if you want. But you'll never escape this essential truth: wherever you go, there you are."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So some fools tried to imprison a bunch of slavering, acid-blooded, muck-dripping Moarsmen, servants of an archdemon of decay. What were the odds something would go wrong? Honestly, anytime anyone on this island gets the ambition to do anything more than sit around and drink stout, bad things are bound to happen."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I suppose you could go talk to that old fool Felizio about what's going on with the new Apostate Virindi excavation. I mean, if you want the Apostates to turn your brain into applesauce and then feed it to their Hea running dogs through a straw."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I hear Mar'uun is back. Sort of. But they still need help or they won't be back for much longer. I can't tell if what's going over there just makes no sense, or if I was too drunk to remember properly when I heard about it."
New UI and Game Changes
- User Interface
- Rescue Fiona Woron - Recue Ries Woron's wife from the thugs. Reward is a Braced Mana Forge Key.
- Apostate Excavation Investigation - The Apostates are looking for more Aetherium and the Arcanum wants you to investigate. Reward is 297 mill and a Mana Forge Key.
- Moarsmen Jailbreak - Kill some escaped Moarsmen in a dungeon on Freebooter Isle. Reward is 125 million xp and a Mana Forge Key.
- Portal Space Rifts - Help Marcus close the portal rifts that have been appearing in Mar'uun. Reward is 100 million xp and a Mana Forge Key.
- Dereth Exploration - 10 new Markers were added.
- Monthly Game Hunter - New creatures to hunt:
- Knights of Karlun Quest updated - quest is now repeatable.
- Olthoi Pincers & Tusker Tusks updated - title tokens removed, titles awarded directly.
- Society Armor updated - Armor Writ timer reduced from 3 days to 1 day.
- Monster Fights & Carenzi Races updated - events are now triggered by players. Creatures in the Monster Fights now spawn with 1 of 11 random weapon choices.
- Tainted Ley Line Nodes & Blight Lord Lair Quest updated - Blighted Mana Crystals now have a 100% drop rate.
- Ries Woron's Story appears to be retired.
- Felizio Calmasi - Found at 25.7N 48.8E in Cragstone. Starts the Apostate Excavation Investigation Quest.
- Gate Warden Kris - Found at the Moarsmen Prison on Freebooter Isle at 56.4S 96.9E. Opens the door to the Prison.
- Avarin - Found at the Moarsmen Prison on Freebooter Isle at 56.4S 96.9E. Gives kill tasks for the Moarsmen in the Prison.
- Prison Guard - Found at the Moarsmen Prison on Freebooter Isle at 56.4S 96.9E.
- Fiona Woron - Found at the end of the Thug Hideout dungeon. Part of the Rescue Fiona Woron Quest.
- Trapped Townsperson - Found locked inside the Thug Hideout.
- Apostate Excavation 150+ (Quest Flag) - 24.6S 56.2W in Direlands
- 56.4S 96.9E - Moarsman Prison, on Freebooter Isle.
- Society Strongholds updated - Master Statue of 'Freebooter Isle' Transport and Master Statue of 'Moarsman City' Transport added to drop point room. Use to be transported to their respective isles. Requires Master rank in the society.
|Society Stronghold Statues|
|Master Statue of 'Freebooter Isle' Transport||Master Statue of 'Moarsman City' Transport|
|Rescue Fiona Woron|
|Portal Space Rifts|
|Rift Opening Device||Rift Closing Device||Portalspace Rift|
|Apostate Excavation Investigation|
|Apostate Excavation Laboratory Key||Excavation Master's Message Shard||Apostate Excavation Master's Orders|
- Scheduled Hotfix Friday August 21st 10am -12pm Eastern to address an issue on the quest known as Thugs Part III, where if players talk to the NPC Fiona Woron before handing in the item, the NPC will lock up not allowing anyone else to complete the quest.
The Electric Zenith is listed as Creature Type: Elemental. The other three Zeniths are listed as their specific elemental type.