April 2012 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
No Developer Comments this month.
Patch Date: 12th April, 2012
Patch Size: 2,151K (Client: 4,632KB)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors that a group of people have found a way to strike back at Emperor Geraine."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Mhoire Castle has fallen from the sky!"
- Town Crier tells you, "There's been a lot more Lugian activity in Dereth lately."
- Town Crier tells you, "One of the House Mhoire Undead has been seeking assistance from powerful adventurers for a mission of vital importance. I wonder what he's up to?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Lord Kresovous has allowed a large number of younger Lugians to more actively join with the peoples of Dereth."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Back when we used to drink together Geraine never seemed so moody."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Now he's destroying castles when he's angry. Probably not a good thing if he becomes all the way unhinged."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I like all the Lugians that have been coming by lately."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Have you seen the size of their stouts?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I really never should of taught Geraine how to take control of the bodies of other beings."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Sorry about that."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm not sure who is the better to win between Geraine and House Mhoire."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Now Mhoire is getting his hands on some of Geraine's secrets."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm just an innocent drunk bystander. You can get involved if you want, just leave me a stout on your way out."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Not sure if you heard, but that so called Rare Jewelry seems to have changed."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I only use rare jewelry when I want to get weaker anyway."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Where are the Geraines hiding? Well I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I do believe I saw one on the road heading west out of Samsur, but I don't think that's the best way to get there."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The Halaetan Islands, Caul, he's definetly spread himself around."
New UI and Game Changes
- There are now more baby creatures on the landscape. Spring has been fruitful thus far!
- 5 new Contracts added.
- Lugians are now a playable race.
- With the addition of the Lugian race there is now an 11th character slot available to players.
- Shields & off-handed weapons can now be equipped after thrown projectiles such as Alchemy Phials.
- When an enchantment overwrites a previous enchantment, a replacement message is now displayed.
- Giving gems no longer displays the gem material name twice.
- 4/28/12 - FF - Kidnapped Travelers in Cragstone
- +Reaver of Dreams appeared near the Cragstone Windmill. He was Dev controlled.
- Doll of Violent Dreams and Marionette of Dream were around the Cragstone Windmill.
- After all the monsters were killed Reaver of Dreams talked to people. He then opened a portal to a cavern.
- Inside the cavern was a lightning coil trap that killed many people along with Marionette of Dreams, Marionette Knight of Dreams, a Whisper of Madness, and a Virindi Mage of Dreams.
- At the bottom of the cavern was a Luminance Wisp. Outside there was another Luminance Wisp.
- After finishing the cavern, Reaver of Dreams reappeared and Hero Tokens and Mana Forge Keys spawned on the ground around the windmill.
- Reaver of Dreams gave everyone at the event the title "Master of the Twisted Word" and said his farewells then left.
- Monthly Explorer Society Quests
- WARNING: These quests are standalone quests, the xp bonuses are strictly handled by the NPCs in Kara, speak to them after finishing to get your bonus. Also your timer for the bonuses depend on when you completed last month's set of quests, speak to each NPC to find out if your timer hasn't expired yet. More details here.
- Ansar El-Kerdany: (Monthly) - Dark Monolith Quest
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! We believe the Dark Monolith should be retrieved from the caverns in which it lies"
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "I warn you not to attempt this alone, you will need assistance from others to survive the dark and dangerous caverns."
- Esmond Fielding: (Bi-Weekly) - Silifi of Crimson Night Quest
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "This month we have decided that Maqudh al Nishadina could use a hand in retrieving a Ruby of Crimson Night."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Find the gem and bring it to him. Do this and I shall reward you."
- Niccolo De Luca: (Weekly) - Sword of Lost Light Quest
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "This month we have decided that you are ready to take on the Guardian of the Lost Light."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Defeat him, retrieve the Sword of Lost Light, and I shall reward you."
- Ansar El-Kerdany: (Monthly) - Dark Monolith Quest
- Fiery Refuge - 95.3S, 94.1W in the Caulcano
- Charged Refuge - 86.8S, 10.5E Take Artifice Cottages east of Arwic at 32.9N 59.6E
- Frozen Refuge - 93.9N, 45.4W near Eastwatch
- Acidic Refuge - 59.0N, 65.8E West of the Black Death Catacombs
- Cavernous Refuge - 7.3S, 13.4E best access from Jackcat Canyon settlement.
- Shadowy Refuge - 26.8S, 96.0E near Tou Tou
- Twisted Refuge - 62.7S, 64.9W on the Obsidian Plains
- See map of found locations on Discussion tab.
Exit to Mhoire Castle Courtyard - Now drops at 65.8s, 46.0w
Mhoire Castle Southwest Tower Portal - 65.5s, 46.2w
Mhoire Castle Southeast Tower Portal - 65.4s, 45.5w
Mhoire Castle Northeast Tower Portal - 65.1s, 45.9w
Mhoire Castle Northwest Tower Portal - 65.1s, 46.3w
|Contract for Aerbax's Prodigal Drudge||Contract for Aerbax's Prodigal Human||Contract for Chasing Oswald||Contract for Hunting Aun Ralirea|
|Geraine's Tome (1)||Geraine's Tome (2)||Geraine's Tome (3)||Geraine's Tome (4)|
|Geraine's Tome (5)||Geraine's Tome (6)||Geraine's Tome (7)|
|Alchemical Throwing Phials|
|Mana Phial of Imperil|
- Melee defense modifier increased to +14% on Alchemy Phials.
|Crown of Anointed Blood|
|Crown of Anointed Blood|
- Fixed a transparency issue with the Crown of Anointed Blood.
|Swift Strike Ring||Necklace of Iniquity||Ibriya's Choice||Dreamseer Bangle|
- Some Rare Jewelry items have been upgraded.
|Contract for Gurog Creation|
- Fixed an issue with name inconsistency.
No new titles this month.
Portal.dat (Ingame Icons)
Click image for full size.
- Characters with an off-hand weapon and a thrown weapon will not automatically revert to dual wield stance once the thrown weapon is removed, until a new weapon is placed in the main hand.
- The following items do not display on Lugians, and will be added in a future update:
- Though Lugians have Axe as a Mastery, Melee characters start out with a Training Mace, Training Dabus or Training Club
- One of the examples of a female Lugian name is Kresovous, though the existing Kresovous has always been titled a Lord.
- The Contract for The Gurog Creation has now been corrected as it had an issue with name inconsistency.
- Character Creation Screen for Lugians:"A stong (sic) people, with a great love for crafting and artifice"
- Geraine's Hosts: "Mhoire Soldier tells you, "This [sic] foolish beings give themselves to him, allowing him to roam the lands in complete safety."