Risks and Rewards
September 2008 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "The Gambling Bosses put their heads together and came up an exciting new game. Come to Ayan Baqur to watch the new Carenzi races! Have a drink on the house when you mention this advertisement!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard that there has been a great increase of generosity by those who give out rewards in Dereth. Visit those patrons who request the most dangerous or difficult tasks, and see if their rewards have become... richer."
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems that the keeps of Freebooter Isle and Northwatch Castle will now be under increased guard patrols."
- Town Crier tells you, "There's a fearsome new specter in the Empyrean Graveyard! Some kind of shambling, tree-like monster, on fire and surrounded by fire spirits... Terrifying!"
- Town Crier tells you, "We have reports of increased secret society activities, especially at night-time, around the contested fortresses of Freebooter Isle and Northwatch Castle."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The Deru Trees of Marae Lassel and Freebooter Isle are under threat by forces of corruption! The monarchs of Dereth request intrepid adventurers to investigate this Blight!"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Mana-smiths can use certain emblems from the Graveyard for their work. They may reward you for these emblems."
- Town Crier tells you, "We have heard reports that a new, hideous form of the restless dead now stalks the burning forest of the Empyrean Graveyard. A tormented soul of a lost Dericostian lord has been forced into the shape of a tree, on fire and surrounded by fiery retainers... What horror!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Yes, as if this secret society business were not unsavory enough, now it seems that the Black Markets at Freebooter Isle and Northwatch Castle sell Blighted Weapons for a high, but not prohibitive price. It has been whispered that these weapons are intended as tools of murder."
- Town Crier tells you, "The bosses of the houses of chance are premiering a new attraction! Carenzi racing at Ayan Baqur! Watch the speedy wee beasties race through the dust of the Burnt Gem of the Direlands! What happens in Ayan Baqur stays in Ayan Baqur!
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Did you even know there was another Deru Trees out there? Hey, if a Deru Tree is devoured by an archdemon, and no one's around to know about it, is it actually a victory for the forces of rot and decay?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Listen to me, kid, it's not a good idea to go wandering around Northwatch or Freebooter Keep at night. There's strange things out in the night, and I mean stranger things than a thirsty old man who depends on the kindness of strangers to keep him hydrated and nourished."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That's your hint to get me a stout, kid."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, those Black Market guys are up to no good again. Distributing murderous weapons and whatnot. Well, it's a more dignified calling than what they used to do. Yep, they used to be Town Criers."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You know who's acting a little differently these days? The Virindi. I think even they're getting a little zonked in their tiny, buzzing brains from the weird magic in the air, drifting between the ley lines. Last thing you want to be around is a Virindi on the fritz! Woowee, what a mess."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Hey, kid. Put a bet on the Carenzi for me. On the cute one. A thousand pyreals. I'm good for it, you know me. If you win, you can keep half of it. Pay me in stout. And don't tell them it's for me, I've been banned from there for clubbing them in the head when I lose."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh yes, I've gone out and made sure that some of the old cheapskates who used to troll for cheap adventuring outside of taverns made sure to up the ante on their rewards. Yeah, that's right, I'm talking about you, Nightbane!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I have to say I feel pretty bad for old Lord Whatshisface who became a burning tree in the graveyard. Makes me shudder every time to look at him, and that's not just because he reminds me of the cratering of Arwic all those years ago."
- Aerbax's Citadel (Fortified Mana Forge Key reward added)
- Aerbax's Prodigal Shadow (Braced Mana Forge Key reward added)
- Aerbax's Prodigal Olthoi (Braced Mana Forge Key reward added)
- Aerbax's Prodigal Harbinger (Braced Mana Forge Key reward added)
- Saving Asheron (Fortified Mana Forge Key reward added)
- Aerbax's Prodigal Human (Mana Forge Key reward added)
- Delving into Claude's Mind (Mana Forge Key reward added)
- Arcanum Quota Officer - 13.4N, 0.5E in Zaikhal
- Carenzi Race Announcer - 59.2S, 88.4W in Ayan Baqur
- Carenzi Race Bookie - 59.2S, 88.4W in Ayan Baqur
- Carenzi Racer
- Tamara du Cinghalle - 43.2N, 67.1W in Greenspire
- Valerian McGreggor - West hallway in Northwatch Castle
- Ranger Lord Grymar Mhoire - Appears after defeating the Corrupted Pyre Oak (rare spawn) in Graveyard at night.
- Tall Tree
- Burnt and Twisted Stump - 66.3S. 44.8W in Graveyard
- Carenzi Race Track - 59.2S 88.5W in Ayan Baqur
- Deru Trees of Marae Lassel
|New Mana Forge Keys|
|Braced Mana Forge Key||Fortified Mana Forge Key|
|Carenzi Race Track|
|Carenzi Race Ticket||Carenzi Race Ticket Stub||Carenzi Cup|
|Eye of T'thuun Quest|
|Eye-covered Tentacle of T'thuun||Eye-covered Tentacles of T'thuun||Plucked Eye of T'thuun|
|Ranger Lord Mhoire|
|Lord Grymar Mhoire's Key||Burnt and Twisted Stump||Lord Grymar's Ancient Emblem of Mhoire|
|Weeding of the Deru Tree|
|Shard of Mana|
|Colosseum Coin Collector|
|Colosseum Medallion of Honor|
|Grand Casino Chest||Grand Casino Key|
|Hisham al-Evv Update|
|Olthoi Veteran's Medal|
|Hurnmel the Smith Update|
|Ancient Emblem of Mhoire|
|Lord Mhoire Quest Update|
|Lord Cynreft's Ancient Emblem of Mhoire|
|Lady Mhoire Quest Update|
|Lady Tairla's Ancient Emblem of Mhoire|
|Blighted Atlatl Coin||Blighted Axe Coin||Blighted Bow Coin||Blighted Claw Coin|
|Blighted Crossbow Coin||Blighted Dagger Coin||Blighted Mace Coin||Blighted Spear Coin|
|Blighted Staff Coin||Blighted Sword Coin||Blighted Wand Coin|
|Blighted Atlatl||Blighted Axe||Blighted Bow||Blighted Claw|
|Blighted Crossbow||Blighted Dagger||Blighted Mace||Blighted Spear|
|Blighted Staff||Blighted Sword||Blighted Wand|
Click image for full size version.
- Empyrean Enlightenment (+60 Arcane Lore) is being overridden by Incantation of Arcane Enlightenment Self (+45).
- Level VIII attribute spells such as those on the Aerbax armor set override the +50 Beer attribute buffs (despite being less, +45).
- Combining Quill of Introspection + Ink of Nullification + Glyph of Item Enchantment creates a level VI scroll Nullify Item Magic, using the scroll verifies that is what it says it is (if you already have the dispel item 6 spell says You already know that spell). So the components are lost.
- Casino Upgrade
NoWorries let us know that part of the casino upgrades mentioned in the release notes, monster fights, did not make it into this update.
- The Mana Conversion Self 8 scroll actually contains the Mana Conversion Self 7 spell. (Example of scroll).
- Vissidal and Freebooter Sclavii were accidentally given far more effective shields and weapons as part of a graphics update. Melees and archers now do little damage to them, and one sclavus weapon (the dagger) has such a high melee D mod that melees virtually can't hit them.
- Glyph of Regeneration should probably be Glyph of Health Regeneration, like is the case for Glyph of Mana Regeneration and Glyph of Stamina Regeneration.
- Some of the society armor pieces have erroneous rank reqs listed (for example 301 for the pauldrons, 601 for the girth), though you can still wield them ok.
- There is a conflict between the Shrine of the Spear of Baalforth, the Slayer and the item it gives, the Spear of Baalfroth, the Slayer in the spelling of Baalfroth/Baalforth.
Hotfix - Sept 30, 2008
Frelorn gave us a heads up on what's expected to be fixed in this month's hotfix.