Road to Revenge
March 2012 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
No Developer Comments this month.
Patch Date: 20th March, 2012
Patch Size: 7,455k (Client: 4,632k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors that a group of people have found a way to strike back at Emperor Geraine."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've seen people fighting with *TWO* weapons at the same time! How on Dereth are they doing that?!?"
- Town Crier tells you, "There's been a lot of activity in Arwic lately."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard that several weapon vendors are now selling tethers for weapons that make them magically leap into the left hand when hastily wielded."
- Town Crier tells you, "One of the House Mhoire Undead has been seeking assistance from powerful adventurers for a mission of vital importance. I wonder what he's up to?"
- Town Crier tells you, "With the massive retraining the adventurers of Dereth have been doing, Asheron has sent several emissaries to aid with the transitions."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "It sounds like House Mhoire has finally decided to fight back against Geraine."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "There seems to be a lot of new contracts floating around lately."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Here's a contract for you, get me a stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Seems like those Wight Captains have finally figured out how to use those two handed swords."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You seemed squishy so I thought you'd like to know."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "A bad decision"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Drinking alone in the rain"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Sorrow wet and cold"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Seems that House Mhoire has found access to a study Geraine had been using near the Frozen Valley."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That's a conflict I wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The snow is gone... guess that's the end of Stout on the Rocks for now... now what am I supposed to drink?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I said... now what am I supposed to drink?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Those weeping weapons seem to be cutting through shields a bit harder than before."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Glad those don't work on me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Don't believe me? I dare you to try"
- Ulgrim glares at you.
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That's what I thought..."
New UI and Game Changes
- First time login text:
- The Temples of Forgetfulness and Enlightenment have had the timer for their use reset!
- Your opportunity to change your skills is renewed! Visit Fianhe to reset your skills.
- Your opportunity to change your attributes is renewed! Visit Chafulumisa to reset your skills.
- Your opportunity to change your Masteries is renewed!
- Spring is here! The snow has melted and baby creatures have started to appear.
- 10 new Contracts added.
- Fixed the repeat timer for the Contract for Tentacles of T'thuun.
- Temple timers, attribute NPC, skill reset NPC, and Mastery NPCs have all had their timers reset.
- Rebalanced Ruined Amulet drops.
- Rare gem exchangers fixed such that they do not get stuck into a busy state when given a particular converted Light Weapons rare gem.
- Nalicana now will accept Blank Augmentation Gems & give 10k luminance when over 1 million Luminance.
- Wight Captains are now able to hit with 2-handed weapons.
- Creatures in Rogue Delvings now can hit with 2-handed weapons.
- Fixed the icon for the Sword of Frozen Fury.
- Tightened loot non-cleaving 2-Handed weapon (AKA spear-like weapons) variance from new loot to reflect loot cleaving Two-handed weapons.
- The maximum damage of Light Axes that drop in loot has had a small increase.
- Converted pierce damage maces with bludge rend (and only these) to bludge damage type.
- Dirty Fighting: Reduced the heal debuff from mid attacks.
- Dual Wield: Cast on Strike (CoS) should now be fixed such that each hand's weapon only applies its own CoS property.
- Dual Wield: new Left-hand Tether (to auto-slot into the off-hand) & its removal counterpart can be found at weapon/blacksmiths in the following towns:
- Geraine's Study
- Seasonal Quests and Events for April
- Monthly Explorer Society Quests
- WARNING: These quests are standalone quests, the xp bonuses are strictly handled by the NPCs in Kara, speak to them after finishing to get your bonus. Also your timer for the bonuses depend on when you completed last month's set of quests, speak to each NPC to find out if your timer hasn't expired yet. More details here.
- Ansar El-Kerdany: (Monthly) - Renegade Mace Quest
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! We believe Sergeant Maloth needs assistance with the problems in the excavated tunnels of his garrison."
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "Assist him with his problem and I shall reward you."
- Ansar El-Kerdany tells you, "You helped Sergeant Maloth by destroying his olthoi problem. You have earned this reward."
- Esmond Fielding: (Bi-Weekly) - Soul Hunter Quest (need to grab book, get it translated and bring it back to Hasin Lin)
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "This month we have decided that Hasin Lin could use a hand in finding the Soul Hunter."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "Find what information you can on the Soul Hunter and bring it to Hasin Lin. Do this and I shall reward you."
- Esmond Fielding tells you, "You retrieved the Soul Hunter's Orders? Only powerful warriors can achieve such greatness."
- Niccolo De Luca: (Weekly) - Menhir Research (5 Rings needed)
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Greetings Adventurer! The Explorer Society has decided it would help direct attention to citizens in need of help."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "This month we have decided that Cara the Apprentice could use some assistance in investigating the mehir mana fields."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "Do not feel you need to investigate all of the fields, Cara should do some work for herself."
- Niccolo De Luca tells you, "You were able to investigate several of the menhir mana fields, for that I reward you."
- Ansar El-Kerdany: (Monthly) - Renegade Mace Quest
- Mhoire Soldier - located in the Graveyard bunker
|Left-hand Tether||Left-hand Tether Remover|
Updated Quest Items
|Noble Relic Gauntlets of Strength||Upgraded Noble Relic Gauntlets of Strength||Doppelganger Robe||Mitts of the Hunter|
- Noble Relic Gauntlets of Strength and Upgraded Noble Relic Gauntlets of Strength had Light Weapons Mastery added to them.
- Fixed the buffs on Doppelganger Robe.
- Fixed the buffs on Mitts of the Hunter.
- The Mace of Winter Flame had its wield requirements fixed to reflect a skill wield instead of a level wield.
- The Virindi Scalpel and Sharpened Virindi Scalpel had their skill buffs changed to Light Weapons.
- The Demon Swarm Sword's Cantrip buff was changed to Light Weapons.
- The Princely Runed Bastone and Royal Runed Bastone were both changed changed to Heavy Weapons.
- Rebalanced Paradox-touched Weapons against each other (particularly the Paradox-touched Olthoi Sword, Paradox-touched Olthoi Dagger, Paradox-touched Olthoi Staff & Paradox-touched Olthoi Spear).
- Increased Shield Hollow nature of all Blighted Weapons, Weeping Weapons, & Arena Weapons.
- Slight increase in Blighted Claw, Weeping Claw, and Arena Claw weapons.
- Rebalanced the damage of Osseous Mace & Enhanced Osseous Mace.
- A slight increase in the Blighted Claw, Weeping Claw and Arena Claw weapons.
- Fixed the mastery of Training Knuckles & Hand Wraps to Unarmed Combat.
- Typo Fixes top most Training Weapons and Academy UA's
- The wield requirements have been fixed for Spear of Purity.
- The wield requirements have been fixed for Lilitha's Bow.
- The Silifi of Crimson Night from the Quest Weapon Exchanger in Arwic is now Ivoryable.
No new titles this month.
Portal.dat (Ingame Icons)
Click image for full size.
- 2 Typo Fixes;
- Gems of Forgetfulness & Enlightenment for Assess Creature & Assess Person
- Strong Benevolence & Calm Strength potions from the Arm, Mind, Heart quest.