April 2010 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Patch Size: 4,524k (Client: 1,666k)
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Another new member of the Arcanum. Looks like they have been busy."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you seen those new Tailors? Finally, people can look like they got armor collections other than that squalid armor from the Halateans.
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard reports that the wedding has been delayed. Did someone got cold feet?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard rumors that Isin Dule has been making deals with the Kingdoms of Dereth."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've seen many people sporting all new looks. I guess a Barber finally set up shop somewhere."
- Town Crier tells you, "A group of professional Tailors have set up shop in Dereth, and will assist people in the cosmetic alteration of their armor for a fee."
- Town Crier tells you, "By Royal Proclamation, the Shadows of Isin Dule, the Umbraen and Penumbraen, are accorded Citizenship within the Kingdoms of Dereth. Even Lord Asheron has given them access to the Lifestones, and his protection under the Light."
- Town Crier tells you, "Royal Guard activity has increased near the Wedding Pavillion. I wonder if something has gone wrong...
- Town Crier tells you, "Xarabydun's been very busy lately. It's odd... the town's literally a hole in the ground."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Aetheria, it's not for me unless you add the "l" back in."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Barbers and Tailors? Ah, the joys of vanity. All that effort, and just so everyone can look like me. I should be flattered."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Hrmph. Weddings. They always take longer to prepare than you think, and cost more than you're prepared for. You'd think people would learn by now."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Shadows are on our side now? Well, some of them at least. I wonder if they make shadowy ales or stouts. They could be a real boon to the Kingdoms if they do."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "A town is not much of a town without a bar patron such as myself to support the local economy. On the other hand a Lugian who stands around covered in blood for years... what is he adding?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I heard the wedding has been delayed. I bet it's because they don't have anyone nearly as skilled as me to provide the Ale and Stout. This is what happens when you go with amateurs over professionals."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So, a bunch of people turned themselves into Shadows, and then want us to pretend nothing changed? Has everyone forgotten that the Shadows tried to kill everyone? They even tried to KILL BARTENDERS! Nothing good can come of this."
New UI and Game Changes
- Umbraen and Penumbraen Shadows added as part of the new playable character race.
- Aetheria (Creation and use of Aetheria)
- Barbers and Hairstyles
- Quest Journal updated - files no longer use the <PNUM> variable, making the editing and sharing of quest journal files much easier.
- Wedding Preparations - Experience rewards added, choose one of six bracelets if you turned in multiple items.
- Ayaname Kina - 21.1N 69.2E on Asheron's Island
- Cypher the Apprentice - 42.6N 33.5E in Xarabydun
- Barbers (New Hairstyles)
- Hoshino Kei (Kidnapped Handmaiden)
- Sir Draithon - 12.9S 41.7E west of Yanshi
- Empyrean Facility Upper Level - 46.2S, 71.8W
- Empyrean Facility Middle Level - 46.2S, 71.8W
- Empyrean Facility Lower Level - 46.2S, 71.8W
|Aligned Mana Stone||Aetheria Mana Stone||Coalesced Aetheria (Blue)||Coalesced Aetheria (Yellow)|
|Coalesced Aetheria (Red)||Aetheria (Blue)||Aetheria (Yellow)||Aetheria (Red)|
|Aetheria Desiccant||Aetheria Powder|
|Tailoring Kit||Armor Reduction Tool Writ||Armor Reduction Tool||Armor Layering Tool (Bottom)|
|Armor Layering Tool (Top)|
|Attuned Essence Gem||Vile Potion||Shield of Borelean's Royal Guard|
|Coordination of Marriage||Endurance of Marriage||Focus of Marriage||Quickness of Marriage|
|Self of Marriage||Strength of Marriage|
- Mana Forge Armor Chest - Profile changed, usually 4 armor and 1 weapon now, with small chance of clothing, shield, or aetheria item.
- Steel Chest - Profile changed, now includes Tier 5 weapons in addition to scrolls/mana stones for randomly spawning chests on the Direlands landscape.
- Ceremonial Leggings - Major Health Gain upgraded to Epic Health Gain for set bonus and the spell on leggings Major Stamina Gain upgraded to Epic Stamina Gain.
Updated Rare Items
Many Rares have had their stats substantially improved, the ability to increase in power by leveling, dropped on death property dropped, and now are more common to find. See Rare Items Update for more details. Some of the rares the wiki has updated stats for include:
No new titles this month.
Click image for full size.
Hoshino Kei imprisoned in tower before her wedding.
- Shadow players have 2 fewer credits than they should until next patch. Link
- When first opened, the Barber shows randomized features rather than showing a character’s current set of features.
- Show/Hide Helm starts as the Hide option on existing characters.
- When chain casting spells the sigil particles can fail to show up on the player.
- The set used on Armor Rares is currently casting the Strength Set Spell instead of the Endurance Set Spell as it was intended.
- Some quest clothing covers old slots and may not be compatible with looted pants.
- The Arcanum turn-in merchant is still being interviewed. While the Arcanum have announced they are interested in Aetheria Powder left over from using the Aetheria Desiccant on unwanted Aetheria, the mages are still narrowing down the candidates for the position. We expect the new hire will arrive with the next update.
- Some Lugians show Tusker as their race when examined.
- Armor often appears 'black and white' after changing screen resolutions, portaling, or alt-tabbing. Link
- Many users reporting having problems when weapon switching, gives error of "The destination container is not valid." and only way to fix is to relog.
- Armor Layering Tool (Bottom) - Use this tool on any loot generated piece of armor to make [sic] reset it to its default layering priority.
- Aetheria Mana Stone - An [sic] specially enhanced...