The Gathering Storm
From AC Community Wiki
November 2001 - Announcements Page
Letter to the Players
Letter to the Players 2
Letter to the Players 3
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "There are strange disruptions in Portal space near the Arrival points. We can only hope the Queen responds quickly."
- Town Crier tells you, "The purple haze in the sky seems to have disappeared. It will be nice to look upon the clear night sky."
- Town Crier tells you, "He and that ugly dabus. There are 49 other places he could put it, but no, he wants it right in the main room, where we entertain our guests! Even worse, every time he sees it he launches into the same story about the drudge, the mosswart, and the monougat, and how the whole thing ended up with him acquiring the dabus. That dabus and that story are soon going to be hidden from public view, I can tell you that."
- Town Crier tells you, "I was talking with some of my fellow Criers the other day about this whole Marae Lassel business. We're thinking of "taking a vacation" next month until our pay equals theirs. We need to get organized!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Grouping up is a great way to encounter the wilds of Dereth!"
- Town Crier tells you, "New portals everywhere! We're laying the infrastructure down for a glorious era of trade and prosperity."
- Town Crier tells you, "Yesterday, I placed my dabus in my house. It is a fine dabus. My wife doesn't like it, though. She wishes for me to take it down. But it's my dabus and I like it."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Fending off the Virindi is thirsty work. Fetch me some stout from old Berkholt and I'll clue you in to what's really going on around here, okay, friend?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Dance for me Drudge Boy!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Give me any rings you don't want. I've been collecting them ever since I found one near the water the other day."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I heard an ancient prophecy the other day. Here it is: "And then the Bull became a Wizard, and he still kicked everyone's patootie!""
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Pretty furniture? Back in my day, when we quested it wasn't for pretty furniture! It was for mattress skirts! Oh, wait, I mean it was for gold! Which we then used to buy mattress skirts. You have a problem with that?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The grass is always greener on the other side. At least at my house it was. It's not my fault Dad never understood the basics of preventative lawn care!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You cannot always acquire what you desire. You cannot always acquire what you desire. But if you attempt it occasionally, you potentially could discover, that you acquire what you require. I'm thinking of setting it to music."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm a tired, old, bitter man. Truth or lie?"
New UI and Game Changes
- Further enhancements to the fellowship system have been made. See the Letter to the Players for details.
- Mosswarts have received new artwork.
- Night time visibility has been increased.
- User Interface
- Magic items now display "Mana bars" below the name of the item when selected. This makes it easier to determine the Mana remaining in an item.
- Town vendors now display their function in their name (e.g.“Bowyer”, “Blacksmith”).
- A flash of purple light streaks through the horizon and you hear a shattering thunderclap in the distance. A strange hollow voice echoes in your mind, 'Our conquest begins today. At this point we are merely a rumble. Soon we will be the thunder that shakes the very flesh off your bones. Our time is soon, human. Very soon.' The voice fades away, leaving you with a dizzying headache.
- Your assault sends Dranith Menacet to an icy death!
- You reel as a tremendous shock wave passes through you upon the vanquishing of Dranith Menacet. A horrible din rises up in the background, and then slowly fades away. You hear the voice of Dranith Menacet echo loudly in your mind, 'Do you think this means you've won? Do you really? Our plan has only begun, flesh. This is only the start. Soon you will see what your victory has meant. Empty as the very air. The only victory today is mine.' The voice slowly fades away. You see a piece of white paper lying on the ground.
- Arcanum Envoy - Found in the Hollow Lair near Lytelthorpe.
- Jasin of the Arcanum - Found in the Arcanum Furniture Shop.
- Agent of the Arcanum - Now accept Diamond Powder and Pyreal Ingots in exchange for Writs (old items are retired)
- Jordan's Apprentice Craftsman - Now sell paintings for your home.
- Jubei's Apprentice Craftsman - Now sell paintings for your home.
- Steiner's Apprentice Craftsman - Now sell paintings for your home.
- Arcanum Furniture Shop
- Hollow Lair near Lytelthorpe - 2.2S, 50.7E
- Cottages - 150 cottages added, hooks updated to 50 (25 useable).
- Settlement Portals for Cottages added during the Keep Your Enemies Closer event:
- Crater Village
- Glendon Wood
- Plateau Village
|Settlement Portals (Object)|
|A Near Illegible Note||Nuhmudira's Token|
|Garden Drudge||Ornate Fountain|
|Into the Unknown||The Studious Mind|
- Canescent Mattekar Robe (New Olthoi) - Updated Artwork and Icon.
- Canescent Mattekar Robe (New Grievver) - Updated Artwork and Icon.
Click image for full size version.