The Iron Coast
From AC Community Wiki
November 2002 - Announcements Page
Letter to the Players
- A narrated introduction to the new island of Aphus Lassel.
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Did you hear about Marae Lassel? The olthoi are digging deeper!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Those construction Golems in Arwic sure are slow and lazy! Of course, I wouldn't say that to their, uh, faces. Actually, forget I said that!"
- Town Crier tells you, "My brother-in-law went to a new island and all I got was his corpse."
- Town Crier tells you, "A word to the wise, be very careful when traveling through the Direlands. The tuskers have some new stone idols that they carry with them. They even worship them in front of virindi. What could this mean?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Did you feel that earthquake, someone told me that it was the result of the slumbering Harbinger. How long will it sleep? How long can it sleep? What is it?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I hear a new rumor has mysteriously appeared in certain outlying towns. How does a rumor just appear, anyway? You'd think the shopkeeper would notice a piece of paper appearing in his .. err .. inventory."
- Town Crier tells you, "Tusker Temples... who would have ever thought they would start worshipping things and have worshippers themselves. Careful in there. I hear that if you pray to the statue something happens."
- Town Crier tells you, "Reapers, Devastators, Annihilators.. what kind of place is that island?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I'm afraid of anywhere where the tusker is king."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin went to a new island and all I got was a t-shirt and a plaque and a toy tusker. So, I'm happy."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've seen the little black carenzi's running around. They're fast, strong, and violent. I think that they earned their name."
- Town Crier tells you, "Stay away from the really big Tusker. I hear that they are incredibly strong and brutal."
- Town Crier tells you, "Who is this Bobo that the tuskers are talking about? Does he have something to do with that new...place?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Marae Lassel seems to have gotten a little more savage."
No new messages this month.
New UI and Game Changes
- The Tusker island of Aphus Lassel has been discovered. You can view Tubine's official video preview of Aphus Lassel here.
- Skills can now be untrained and specialised post-creation at the respective Empyrean temples. See the Attribute and Skill Redistribution quest page for details.
- Fellowship Panel
- A "Do you accept?" dialog box has been added for those receiving fellowship requests.
- Loot System
- Loot no longer appears on the floor when a corpse decays. Monster corpses now remain for five minutes--a much longer period than they currently do--but when they decay, any unclaimed loot that remains on the corpse will also decay.
- Impious Staff Quest - Staff updated with new artwork and spell; Harlune is now titled as Empyrean.
- Water of Mount Lethe - Updated with tougher creatures and new reward Scroll of Mount Lethe Recall instead of Scroll of Summon Primary Portal I.
- Training Academy - XP updates: 1000xp for Academy Token, 2000xp for Carpenter Wasp Wing, 3000xp for Blacksmith Bellows and 5000xp for A Crumpled Note.
- Rithwic Starter Quests - XP rewards raised from 2,500 to 5,000.
- Holtburg Starter Quests - Now give 3,000 xp for the missing heirlooms, and 4,000 xp for returning Brogard's Axe.
- Virindi Spells Quest - Spell timers updated to 1 hour.
- Emissary of Asheron (Yanshi)
- Aphus Lassel
- Olthoi Arcade Central - From North and South Olthoi Arcade.
- Temple of Forgetfulness - 88.8N, 0.0E
- Temple of Enlightenment - 84.5S, 0.0E
- New Chess Boards
- Tusker Temple (0.7N 68.1W) (Lvl 40+)
- Tusker Temple (10.5S 65.6E) (Lvl 1 - 20)
- Tusker Temple (59.8N 28.4E) (Lvl 20 - 40)
- Mount Lethe Magma Tubes - New creatures
|Tosser Coconut||Tusker Shrine Statue|
|Nanner Dough||Bunch of Nanners||Mushed Nanners||Nanner Bread|
|Sliced Nanners||Nanner Chips||Nanner Halves||Nanner Split|
|Chocolate Covered Nanners||Nanners Covered in Chocolate||Nanners and Ice Cream||Nanner Cream Pie|
|Not too far to the Tusker Emporium!||Refreshing Umbrella Drink||I survived the Tusker Emporium||Carved Tusker Statue|
|Tusker Island Shirt|
|Harbinger Arm Token||Royal Coat of Arms Stamp||Royal Coat of Arms Flag|
|Attribute and Skill Redistribution|
|The Empyrean Temples||The Temple of Enlightenment||The Temple of Forgetfulness|
|Guardian of the Temple of Enlightenment||Guardian of the Temple of Forgetfulness|
|Banderling Head||Mosswart Head||Eviscerator Head|
|Banderling Mask||Mosswart Mask||Olthoi Helm (Eviscerator)|
|Water of Mount Lethe|
|Scroll of Mount Lethe Recall|
- Mount Lethe Recall
- Priest's Curse - (Casts the Undead Priest's Curse on the target. The bolt does 61-120 points of piercing damage to the first thing it hits.)
- Charred Miner - Updated from level 11 to level 140.
- Foreman Brelax - Now level 278
- Lord Cambarth - Now level 278
Click image for full size.