The Madness of Men
February 2004 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Letter to the Players
Envoys and the Code of Conduct
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you been to the Lost City of Frore recently? I've heard that the undead there have begun to reinforce their halls."
- Town Crier tells you, "I stumbled across an encampment not too far from Zaikhal the other day. It was eerily empty and unoccupied. As if the people there just disappeared!"
- Town Crier tells you, "I'd always thought that the robe from Frore was a little drafty. I guess I was wrong."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've found the oddest assortment of items on creatures around here. Drudges dropping weapons and armor, golems with magic enhanced items and rats with lots of random pieces. Strange?"
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard that Larry was having a tryst with Nuhmudira. Now that she doesn't have any real clout, he's cast her aside like an old worn blade. What? That's what I've heard."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've seen it, with my own eyes, people who have shrugged off Asheron's protection go and look at those creepy statues and disappear!"
- Town Crier tells you, "If you visit Frore can you bring me a helm, I want to get one and dye the trim black."
- Town Crier tells you, "If you want to visit Frore, best remember to take a group and be ready to face creatures tougher than Dark Revenants. Seems the inhabitants are preparing for tougher battles."
- Town Crier tells you, "Okay, here is the plan! You get a fellowship together in Yaraq, I'll get one together in Plateau and we'll go take control of the Battle Arena! What do you say?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Some small creepy statues have been showing up in towns, they make me nervous."
- Town Crier tells you, "Those Shreth are disgusting creatures! They'll eat anything! Even the corpses of fallen adventurers."
- Town Crier tells you, "Ufet, Prophet of Blades, in Zaikhal, has been even busier now than he was before. I wonder what he is up to."
- Town Crier tells you, "You know that farmer outside Lytelthorpe -- the one with the rabbit problems? Selflora says he's back."
No new messages this month.
New UI and Game Changes
- All players now have access to Asheron's Call: Dark Majesty content, regardless of whether or not they had purchased the expansion pack in the past.
- The Allegiance Experience system has been changed. For details, please see the following articles: Allegiance Experience and Allegiance Experience Follow-Up.
- The first phase of creature and chest treasure revisions has been implemented. Please see the Letter to the Players and the Rollout Article for details.
- Several improvements to allegiance and general chat. Please see the Rollout Article for details.
- NPCs and Stacked Items
- You can now hand a whole stack to any NPC that accepts an item that can be stacked. The NPC should take only one item off the stack, leaving the remainder in your pack, and then give you your reward.
- Bunny Master Title - quest mechanic changed: timer removed, trophy items added
- Frore - Items, dungeons and creatures all updated.
- Bael'Zharon (NPC) - Inside the Greater Battle Dungeon
- Yalik Ibn Ujsef - 23.8N, 12.2W in the Decrepit Tower
- Decrepit Tower - 23.8N 12.2W near Danby's Outpost
- Greater Battle Dungeon - Accessed via Small Creepy Statue, PK restricted
- Lesser Battle Dungeon - Accessed via Small Creepy Statue, PKL restricted
- Small Creepy Statues:
- Castle of Baron Nuvillus - Creatures updated. Runed chest added.
- Larry's Garden - Updated with new boss Rabbits.
- Lost City of Frore - Creature spawns updated.
|Apology Token (Darktide)|
Make sure to visist a town crier some time during this month and leave yourself two open pack slots!
Town Crier gives you Apology Token.
Town Crier tells you, "Please accept our apologies. If you return this token to any town crier, we will give you two items of incomparable value. Make certain that you have room for both items in your main pack first!"
|Bunny Master Title Update|
|Farmer Larry's Problem||Lucky Rabbit's Foot (Green)||Lucky Rabbit's Foot (Pink)||Lucky Rabbit's Foot (Purple)|
|Crown of Bone Quest|
|Crown of Bone|
|Gelidite Robe||Ice Heaume of Frore||Hammer of Frore|
|Greater Battle Dungeon|
|Battle Pants||Small Creepy Statue||Sparring Pants||Sparring Shirt|
- Homecoming Pennant - Icon updated.
- Nefane Shield - Can now be stamped with the Fish Stamp.
- Nexus Town Information Guide - Text adjusted for an easier read.
- Quintessence Sickle - Now has a 325 wield req.
- Shield of Power - Can now be stamped with the Fish Stamp.
- Far Sight (Increases the target's Bow Skill by 8 points.)
- Finesse (Increases the target's Coordination by 8 points.)
- Fruit of the Oasis (Increases the rate at which the target regains Health by 20%.)
- Shade of the Oasis (Increases the rate at which the target regains Stamina by 20%.)
- Thew (Increases the target's Strength by 8 points.)
- Water of the Oasis (Increases the rate at which the target regains Mana by 20%.)
- Zeal (Increases the target's Endurance by 8 points.)
Click image for full size.