Water of Mount Lethe
|Walk Through ___ Maps ___ Items ___ Images ___ Lore & Dialog ___ Notes|
Lockpicking is required for this quest.
- Optional: Talk to Roderick in Mite Maze for the A Crabbed Note (lockpick required)
- Travel to 33.8S, 85.3W - Mount Lethe Magma Tubes.
- Route to the Magma Tubes: run from either Sclavus Cathedral or Ayan Baqur.
- Head down (see map), lockpick required here (diff 40+)
- Go further down, pull levers (see map) and down to the Pool of Lethe
- Open it to retrieve the Water of Lethe (water appears in pool one at a time with a 5-8 min respawn)
- Hand the Water to Celcynd the Dour in Rithwic in the tavern at 10.7N, 58.1E to receive The Reign of Alfrega (Warning: this book is 6,400 Burden!)
- Go back to Roderick, and hand him the book for the Scroll of Mount Lethe Recall
- The Water of Lethe is givable. If you already have a character with the recall, you might send this one in to grab the water, and give it to the character needing the recall. This saves you a run from Ayan Baqur.
- Also, if you have the Water, you can go directly to Celcynd the Dour and Mite Maze
- [OPTIONAL]: Purchase the rumor: The Reclusive Mage from Laqisha the Scribe in Arwic located at 31.1N, 56.2E.
- Start by tracking down Harlune the Misanthrope in the Mite Maze 41.1N, 57.3E but he is no longer there (he has been replaced by Roderick).
- Route: Take the Mountain Shortcut from Arwic at 34.9N, 56.0E.
- Talk to Roderik over and over until you get a A Crabbed Note.
- Once you have the A Crabbed Note head to 33.8S, 85.3W - Mount Lethe Magma Tubes.
- Route: You can run from Ayan or get a ride through the Sclavus Cathedral.
- Head down and you will find critters until you get to a lever guarded by a magna golem.
- Pull the lever, go right into the open door and pull the other lever go back near the surface portal and head down.
- At the end when you find the Pool of Lethe, open it like a chest and loot the Water.
- Note: There is a bigger boss virindi (Virindi Overseer there, but you don't have to kill him for the water. If you kill him you can get even more lore but he is hard for a non-mage (barely possible for two level 170 melees).
- Take the water to Celcynd the Dour in Rithwic in the tavern at 10.7N, 58.1E and he will hand you The Reign of Alfrega.
- Take this back to Roderick and he will give you the Scroll of Mount Lethe Recall.
- Use the scroll to learn the recall spell. When you recall you will be high up in the air and then fall to the ground. A very cool recall spell!
|Mite Maze||41.1N, 57.3E||--||01F8||--||--|
|Mount Lethe Magma Tubes||33.8S, 85.3W||--||0146||--||--|
|The Reclusive Mage||Of Lord Cambarth||Mount Lethe Rumor|
|A Crabbed Note||Mount Lethe Directions||Torn Journal|
|Pool of Lethe||Water of Lethe||The Reign of Alfrega|
|Scroll of Mount Lethe Recall|
Click image for full size version.
Lore & Dialog
You give Celcynd the Dour Water of Lethe.
Celcynd the Dour tells you, "You got the Water of Lethe! I don't believe it. I... I've wanted this for... Do you know what this does? Do you know what it's like... the faces of so many waiting behind your eyes every night? The children asking you where their parents are?"
Celcynd the Dour tells you, "But... Brentsella. I'll lose her too, won't I..?"
Celcynd the Dour gives you The Reign of Alfrega.
Celcynd the Dour tells you, "Here's Harlue's book. Please go, I have to... I need to think. Thank you, but I need to..."
You give Roderick The Reign of Alfrega.
Roderick tells you, "Harlune was tellin' me that Celcynd used to be pretty good at what he did, before he went and became a drunkard. Anyways, here's the reward Harlune told me to leave for ya."
Roderick gives you Scroll of Mount Lethe Recall.
Roderick tells you, "Careful when ya use that spell."
You learn the Mount Lethe Recall spell.
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "What, looking for some great quest, some grand purpose from the Empyrean? Go away!"
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "Alfrega, Alfrega girl! Fresh meat!"
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "Go away! And don't tell Asheron I'm down here! Never could stand the man..."
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "Off with you, I'm a busy mage!"
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "Did you know that Empyreans have 14 schools of magic? Would you like me to demonstrate them all on you?"
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "You best not have done anything to Alfrega, if you know what's good for you..."
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "It was so much better when you people thought I was one of you. That's impossible now though, thanks to that cretin Gaerlan."
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "Well if you are going to continue to bother me, you can at least do something for me. Take this note to Ceclynd in Rithwic."
Harlune the Misanthrope gives you A Crabbed Note.
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "He borrowed one of my history books sometime ago and didn't return it because he became a drunken waste. Probably spilled alcohol all over it."
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "Go get it and I'll give you some scroll I've got lying around here...or not. Will you leave me alone then?"
You give Celcynd the Dour A Crabbed Note.
Celcynd the Dour tells you, "Oh. Yeah, I have that. If Harlune sent you, you must be getting something back from him, right? I'll tell you what. There's this... this thing that I need. From a volcano in the Direlands."
Celcynd the Dour tells you, "You'll find it at the very bottom, but you must be level 20 or above to get in. Wait, I'll write you the location."
Celcynd the Dour gives you Mount Lethe Directions.
You give Harlune the Misanthrope The Reign of Alfrega.
Harlune examines the book closely.
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "Hah, got it back from that drunkard, did you? Only a fool lets himself lose as much as he has. Once, he was the greatest of his generation. Did you know that?"
Harlune the Misanthrope gives you Scroll of Mount Lethe Recall.
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "You'd never think it to see the sot he is now - well, you got my book back, so you deserve that reward."
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "By the way, I'd be careful when you use that spell."
Harlune the Misanthrope snickers.
Harlune the Misanthrope tells you, "Now leave me in peace."
- During the The Iron Coast event, the following updates were made to the quest:
- During the Dispatch event, Harlune the Misanthrope left the Mite Maze. Roderick now accepts items intended for Harlune and hands out rewards.