Who Watches the Virindi?
From AC Community Wiki
March 2009 - Announcements Page
Click image for full size version.
Town Crier Rumors
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin the sorcerer says his firebolts are hitting harder these days..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard that the secret societies are picking up their activities on Freebooter Keep and Moarsman Isle."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard vague reports of more developments at that strange new town Mar'uun."
- Town Crier tells you, "Is snow still on the ground? By Asheron's bristly beard, it's been a long winter."
- Town Crier tells you, "It seems the Renegade Tumeroks have become agitated lately... Rumor is that they have found ways to fortify their weapons."
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin dug out his old Noble Robe, said he was going out to get it specially tailored. I wonder what he meant by that?"
- Town Crier tells you, "New things are afoot at the Crystalline Crag!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Rand the Game Hunter has updated his bounty list!"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Dereth Explorers' society has marked ten more locations around the island! Seek them out, if you've got the legs for it!"
- Town Crier tells you, "All right, for a bit of pyreal I can tell you that there are some especially strange new citizens living in that town Mar'uun."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard that the specialty merchants at the Colosseum, Olthoi infestation, and the Mhoire Graveyard have kits to upgrade Noble Robes with."
- Town Crier tells you, "If you are a member of a secret society, you may wish to head to your vault and see if there are officers with new orders for you."
- Town Crier tells you, "Is it true? Have the renegade Virindi renewed their old alliances? There is a scholar named Aruq ibn Balthar in Zaikhal who spreads such tales."
- Town Crier tells you, "It's true, our field testing proves it... War spells have got a little more kick to them lately. I wonder what's in the air?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Scouts report that the new substance Renegade Tumeroks have been using on their weapons can be used by Isparians too..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Seek out Rand the Hunter in Holtburg to see what creatures he's tagged. Word is, load up for Ruschk."
- Town Crier tells you, "The Explorers' Society has marked a new set of locations around Dereth. Seek out Sean the Speedy in Holtburg if you are interested. Here's a hint for one, seek out the Sand King..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Travelers tell tales of a fierce new wisp appearing at the Crystalline Crag."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I tell you kid, I can smell it on the air. Can't you? The smell of applesauce. It smells like terror."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "No, I don't need to go to one of those godforsaken outposts and get a robe enhancing kit. I'm already wearing the highest grade of Enstoutened Robe possible."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That being said, I'm always game to push the boundaries. Bring me a stout, kid."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Of course I noticed that my war spells hit harder! I can also knock over a spittoon from two feet further away now! Must be something in the stout..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, goody goody, Rand's updated his tag list to send people after Lugians, because there wasn't already enough trouble brewing with those big brutes..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, I think I'm having another one of my visions... Virindi and Tumeroks and Lugians, oh my!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Don't crowd too close to me kid. The last person who got too close to me ended up spilling a little stout on my robe, and, well, they had to fish him out of the bushes behind Claude's tent. After he landed."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm sorry, you want me to go to which tropical hellhole island and harvest what now? No, I think I'll stay here and enjoy my stout. I hate the tropics. Mosquitoes sucking the blood out me remind me uncomfortably of myself with a mug of stout."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Is it just me, or do you hear a quiet chuckling coming from Claude's tent? Oh, I hate those Virindi. With the smug looks on their faces..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Mark my word, kid. Pack your stuff and go. When the Virindi roll back into town, they will spare no man, woman, or purple-cheeked Tusker."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "My pappy always used to say that courage, compassion and loyalty are the keys to getting your heart's desire. But, I figured out an easier way. Sometimes you just have to ask. So here goes."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Friend, can you spare a stout?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh boy, winter stuck around a little longer this year, huh? Well, at least Berkholt keeps the stout nice and tepid."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So you heard it too, eh? Virindi moved in on Mar'uun? That's not a bad omen or anything."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Sometimes you people forget... I'm not trapped on this island with you... You're trapped on this island with me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'm sorry, what was I saying? Hurm."
- Uncovering the Renegades - 150+ (soloable)
- Reward: 297 million xp and a Mana Forge Key
- Black Coral Golem Kill Task - 180+, Black Market access
- Reward: 100 million xp and a Pristine Mana Shard
- Blighted Coral Golem Kill Task - 180+, Black Market access, must be Master rank
- Reward: 120 million xp and a Pristine Mana Shard
- Renegade Living Weapons - 120+, Quest to upgrade your Palenqual's Living Weapons
- 3/16/09 - Leafcull - Not a Dungeon Filled With Monsters (Event occurred on FF and WE as well, may happen on all worlds.)
- 4/1/09 - Mad Cow Invasion - Mad cows appeared in many towns, did not drop any loot.
- 4/1/09 - Knath Invasion - Knaths invaded Hebian-To and a Portal "Not a Dungeon" appeared. Hero Tokens spawned on the ground after the last pudding was killed.
- Tanada House of Pancakes Quest - On April 1st, the portal to the Tanada House of Pancakes appeared again in Shoushi.
- Monthly Game Hunter - New creatures to hunt, Voracious Eaters, Olthoi Mutilators, Lugians in the Valley of Death and Withered Atoll, Dark Isle Ruschk, and Mosswarts in Dark Design.
- Dereth Exploration - 10 new Markers, 5 are of the Party-Goer theme found at Festival Stones, 5 others are random
- Sean the Speedy tells you, "Let's see what you've found so far..."
- You have found a total of 20 out of 30 Exploration Markers.
- Portal Space Research
- Marcus and Wren have updated their experiment with a new Enhanced Test Portal. It gives a new flag for a new dungeon on the Crystalline Crag.
- Crystalline Markers
- 5 new Crystal Markers were added in the new 90+ Crystalline Portal dungeon
- Crystalline Adventurer
- Colosseum Bosses:
- Carenzi Race Track: The races have had their speed increased.
- Races take place now about every 15 minutes
- Carenzi Racers spend a far shorter time in their pen, less time to hand in tickets
- The torches light up about every 2 minutes now.
- Aruq ibn Balthar
- Chiriko in the Black Markets - Black Coral Golem Kill Task
- Devon the Collector at the Moarsman City - 15 mil xp for 10 Blight-encrusted Black Coral
- Hanzo in the Black Markets - Blighted Coral Golem Kill Task
- Jusad the Collector on Freebooter - 15 mil xp for 10 Mana-Infused Jungle Flowers.
- Luc and Jean, two Virindi "visitors" in Mar'uun - Quest unknown?
- Rare Exchanger at each of the three Casinos - Hand the Rare Exchanger an MMD note, and then any Rare. In exchange, he will return a random Rare or a Grand Casino Key.
- Crystalline Portal 90+ (Map) - at bottom of Crystalline Portal 70+, new Intense Shivering Crystalline Wisps, Intense Shivering Pillars and Intense Aggregate Crystalline Wisps. Five new Crystal (Marker)s (6th through 10th).
- Not a Dungeon Filled With Monsters
- Renegade Fortress (120+) - 29.5S 65.6W
- Apostate Citadel Mines - 48.7S, 68.9W on the Obsidian Rim
- Crystalline Portal 70+ (Map) - Updated with a new portal at the bottom in the jump pit.
- The Moarsman City (Nyr'leha) has been updated.
- The landscape spawns have been greatly altered.
- New Creatures including Moarsmen, Armored Sclavus, Golems, and Shallows Sharks now spawn all over the City. All can drop Pristine Mana Shards as far as I've seen. Some of the new creatures only spawn around the main temple.
- Creatures previously seen elsewhere in the world or only around the Temple such as the T'thuun Tentacles now spawn all around the City.
- Blight-encrusted Black Coral now spawns throughout the City in place of normal creature spawns.
- A large platform has also appeared near the portal drop to the City where Devon the Collector resides
- The landscape spawns have been greatly altered.
|Blight-encrusted Black Coral|
|Crystalline Adventurer Update|
|Large Aggregate Crystalline Shard|
|Uncovering the Renegades Items|
|Apostate Citadel Barracks Key||Apostate Citadel Headquarters Key||Apostate Message Shard||Apostate Orders|
|Noble Robe Upgrade Items|
|Armor Upgrade Kit||Armsman's Robe (Upgraded)||Enscorcelled Robe (Upgraded)||Marksman's Robe (Upgraded)|
|Pathwarden Robe (Aluvian)||Pathwarden Robe (Gharu'ndim)||Pathwarden Robe (Sho)||Pathwarden Robe (Viamontian)|
|Renegade Living Weapons Quest Items|
|Vault Key (Renegade Fortress)||Living Vault||Ritual Spear||Tumerok Vault|
|Nutrient Oil Soaked Totem|
- Pathwarden Armor - Now Ivoryable
- Aluvian Pathwarden Chest - Now contains Aluvian Pathwarden Robe
- Gharu'ndim Pathwarden Chest - Now contains Gharu'ndim Pathwarden Robe
- Sho Pathwarden Chest - Now contains Sho Pathwarden Robe
- Viamontian Pathwarden Chest - Now contains Viamontian Pathwarden Robe
- Lady Tairla's Ancient Emblem of Mhoire- Now Stackable!
- Lord Cynreft's Ancient Emblem of Mhoire- Now Stackable!
- Lord Grymar's Ancient Emblem of Mhoire - Now Stackable!
- Fist of Enlightenment
- Damage increased from 1 to 10.
- Cassius' ring of fire (40 - 80, Fire) is now changed to Cleansing Ring of Fire (30 - 50, Fire)
- Cast-on-Strike rate reduced from 25% to 15%.
- Spellcraft reduced from 450 to 400.
Click image for full size version.
- Doing markers 6 to 10 first (without having done markers 1 to 5) on the Crystalline Markers quest will give you the reward for the first five and make it impossible to complete the other five.
- The "Failed to enter chat room" bug still persists (even after the server relocation on March 30th).
- The pathwarden armor chests received the addition of a robe, which has caused the upper body armor piece to not appear. A fix is already in place for the next patch.
- Armor Upgrade Kit - As time goes on [sic] more armor may be adapted to work with these kits.
- (missing a comma)
- Perhaps due to the dungeon name change, the Inspector of Adepts does not recognize older Adepts:
- Aldrion of the Celestial Hand tells you, "This should not be possible. Perhaps you have not joined any society yet."
- Jyotsana tells you, "You've disocvered [sic] enough crystals to earn a reward. Good work." - "discovered" is misspelled.
- Uber Tower Creator says, "I only accept Ring Tower Tokens"
- Jean says, "Luc and I come from the same human pod. We often tell the same stories. We have been togeather [sic] as long as we have been flesh." - "together" is misspelled.